• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Characters: The Quintissential MBTI

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I was overlooking some other threads and it sometimes seems like characters fit the archetypes of the MBTI nearly exactly. I'm trying to compile at least one for each type here.

Feel free to refute the ones on the list if you have adequate reasoning. I'm trying to get at least one character for each type, but if you can find more than one per type, feel free to add them. I'll start out with a few, but I'll update the list:

Guardian:

ESTJ:
ESFJ:
ISTJ:
ISFJ:

Artisan:

ESTP:
ESFP: Naruto Uzumaki, Naruto
ISTP: Muugen, Samurai Champloo
ISFP

Idealist:

ENFP:
ENFJ:
INFP: Dream, The Sandman
INFJ: Huey Freeman, The Boondocks

Rational:

ENTP:
ENTJ:
INTP: L, Death Note
INTJ:

Last edited:

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Don Quixote seems like the perfect INFP to me. Initially it seems he might be an ENTP, but its all for the sake of story. He can't be kind of quiet and reserved, because then the story would have no speech. Really Don Quixote served as a vehicle for Cervantes thoughts and an expression of how I think many INFP's may feel... like everyone thinks they are crazy even if they have good ideas sometimes. It's kind of the idealist's manifesto, really, its a guy who is totally possesed by idealistic dreams of love and the world around him. He may appear as an ENTP in some ways, but really he is just an INFP's inner world coming to life.

I love Don Quixote!

So I suggest Don Quixote for INFP.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Howard Roark, The Fountainhead - INTJ

The Fresh Prince - ENFP

heart

heart on fire
INFJ-- David Powlett Jones , from To Serve Them All My Days
INTJ-- Michael Corleone The Godfather (the book)
ESTJ-- Hank Hill from King of the Hill
ENFP-- Bobby Hill from King of the Hill
INFP-- Laura Ingalls Wilder, Jane Eyre
ENTJ --- Dirk Struan from James Clavell's Tai Pan
ISTP--William Bush from the Horatio Hornblower novels.
ENFJ-- Captain Richard Bolitho, from the Bolitho novels by Alexander Kent

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Feel free to argue against any of these.

Bleach

Ichigo Kurosaki – ENFJ
Rukia Kuchiki – INFP
Orihime Inoue – INFJ
Yasutora “Chad” Sado – ISFJ
Uryu Ishida – INTJ
Renji Abarai – ESFJ

Naruto

Naruto Uzumaki – ESFP
Sasuke Uchiha – INFJ
Sakura Haruno – ENFJ
Kakashi Hatake – INTP
Sai – INTJ
Kiba Inuzuka – ESTP
Shino Aburame – INTJ
Hinata Hyuga – INFP
Choji Akimichi – ESTJ
Shikamaru Nara – INTP
Ino Yamanaka – ENFP
Rock Lee – ENFJ
Neji Hyuga – ISTJ
Garra – INFJ
Kankuro – ISTP
Temari – ESTP
Jiraiya – ESFP
Tsunade – ENFJ
Orochimaru – ENTJ

Cowboy Bebop

Spike Spiegel – ISFP
Jet Black – ESFJ
Faye Valentine – ESTP
Vicious – ENTJ

Death Note

Light Yagami– INTJ
L – INTP
Misa Amane – ISFP
Near – INTJ
Mello – ENFP
Sochiro Yagami – ESTJ
Watari – INFJ

Inyuasha

Kagome Higurashi – ENFJ
Inuyasha – ESFP
Miroku – ENTP
Sango – INFJ
Shippo – ENFJ
Kikyo – INFP
Sessshomaru – INTJ
Jalen – ISTJ
Naraku – ENTJ
Koga - ESFP

Samurai Champoo

Mugen – ISTP
Jin – ISTJ
Fuu – ESFP

Family Guy

Peter Griffin – ESFP
Lois Griffin – ENFJ
Meg Griffin – ISFP
Chris Griffin – ESFP
Stewie Griffin – INTJ
Brian Griffin – INTP
Francis Griffin – ESTJ
Jasper (gay dog) – ENFP
Cleveland Brown – ISFJ
Glenn Quagmire – ESTP
Death – INTP

Simpsons

Homer Simpson - ESFP
Marge Simpson – ESFJ
Lisa Simpson – INFJ
Bart Simpson – ESTP
Ned Flanders – ESTJ
Maude Flanders – ESFJ
Millhouse – INFP
Apu – ESFJ
Chief Wiggum – ESFP
Timothy Lovejoy – INTJ
Nelson Muntz – ESTJ
Mr. Burns – ENTJ
Sideshow Bob - INTJ

South Park

Eric Cartman – ENTJ
Chef – ESFJ
Stan Marsh – ENTP
Kenny McCorrnick – ESTP
Butters – INFJ
Kyle Broflovski – INTP
Wendy - ESFP

King of the Hill

Hank Hill - ESTJ
Peggy Hill - ESFJ
Bobby Hill - ENFP
Boomhauer - ESTP
Dale Gribble - INFJ
Nancy Gribble - ENFP

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Having watched about 5 episodes of Bleach, I think Ichigo is an S.

Having watched 167 episodes, I assure you he is an N. :D

My argument for such is we learn in the bankai training episode that he learns by instinct.

heart

heart on fire
I agree with all Kiddo's King of the Hill except Dale. INFJ is not the only type with inferior Ne and Dale doesn't show any Fe to my way of seeing it. I am not sure which type he is, but don't think he is INFJ.
Sorry to have to disagree, but King of the Hill is serious business.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I agree with all Kiddo's King of the Hill except Dale. INFJ is not the only type with inferior Ne and Dale doesn't show any Fe to my way of seeing it. I am not sure which type he is, but don't think he is INFJ.
Sorry to have to disagree, but King of the Hill is serious business.

Ok, I'll concede that one. I honestly don't know what type Dale is either.

heart

heart on fire
Ok, I'll can concede that one. I honestly don't know what type Dale is either.

He has corrupted judgement whichever type he is. He doesn't appear either logical or particular caring about the human condition. He is so worried about his own personal safety, smacks of a self-centered version of Si, unbalanced by good judgement and troubled with inferior Ne. He does try to use social standards to shame other people at times. Hard to type him. He really needs an expert to type him.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
He has corrupted judgement whichever type he is. He doesn't appear either logical or particular caring about the human condition. ISFP with corrupted judgement?

His paranoia screams of Si. My ESFJ grandmother is very similar in the conspiracy theory aspect.

heart

heart on fire
His paranoia screams of Si. My ESFJ grandmother is very similar in the conspiracy theory aspect.

Yes, I changed my post before I knew you'd answered.

I am certainly no coincidence theorist but Dale is totally irrational in his views so I say his Ne is inferior.

So Si with corrupted Fe and inferior Ne. He is possibly ISFJ or ESFJ.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Having watched 167 episodes, I assure you he is an N. :D

My argument for such is we learn in the bankai training episode that he learns by instinct.

I have no idea what episode that is. :huh: But I don't claim to be any expert on the series. It just seemed to me that he behaved like an S most of the time, because he didn't seem to have much capacity or patience for abstract thought.

Seeing that you have watched the entire series, though, I think you would have a sufficient sample.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Again, I don't think Light is an INTJ. But that argument can go on forever... until the other thread reaches a conclusion, I'm not adding him.

Uryuu and Stewie Griffin I'll have to agree with, though.

I had no idea that this thread would explode overnight... this is going to take a while to sort through. I don't know if I'll add all of these -- I don't want eight for each type, that would just clog things, and then people could just look on various MBTI lists.

I'm looking for the distillation of types, not just an estimate. A character would have to scream one specific type for them to be added. For example, because there's so much dispute over Light Yagami in the first place, I doubt he'll ever be added.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Again, I don't think Light is an INTJ. But that argument can go on forever... until the other thread reaches a conclusion, I'm not adding him.

Uryuu and Stewie Griffin I'll have to agree with, though.

I had no idea that this thread would explode overnight... this is going to take a while to sort through. I don't know if I'll add all of these -- I don't want eight for each type, that would just clog things, and then people could just look on various MBTI lists.

I'm looking for the distillation of types, not just an estimate. A character would have to scream one specific type for them to be added. For example, because there's so much dispute over Light Yagami in the first place, I doubt he'll ever be added.

At the moment, I'm just providing lists of possibilities to be debated. Characters like Light and Dale Gribble are too difficult to type, so they couldn't possibly be archetypes. I'm sure many of those others could be contested, and many are too simplistic depictions to be strong archetypes.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
At the moment, I'm just providing lists of possibilities to be debated. Characters like Light and Dale Gribble are too difficult to type, so they couldn't possibly be archetypes. I'm sure many of those others could be contested, and many are too simplistic depictions to be strong archetypes.

True, but this is looking for strong examples. I guess we could see what we could pull out of that list...

I'm willing to bend on a few points. For example, L's 'quirks' seemed more inferior Se than inferior Fe, but in all other points he definitely seems INTP. But otherwise... I'm going to be pretty strict on these. This is supposed to be exclusive.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
True, but this is looking for strong examples. I guess we could see what we could pull out of that list...

I'm willing to bend on a few points. For example, L's 'quirks' seemed more inferior Se than inferior Fe, but in all other points he definitely seems INTP. But otherwise... I'm going to be pretty strict on these. This is supposed to be exclusive.

Perfectly okay by me. :yes:

If you only get one or two out of my list then I'll be more than content.

I'll leave the judgment of the quality to you. I just like making lists. :blush:

Hm...next will probably be popular sitcoms characters, maybe some of the most popular movies...some of the most popular books. :party2:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm thinking of maybe making Dream from The Sandman INFP. He seems pretty INFP to me... Unless, anybody has evidence otherwise.

INFPs have to deal with being called 'fluffy,' but I'm pretty sure that Dream is an INFP and I'm pretty sure he's not very fluffy... Lol.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
Cowboy Bebop

Spike Spiegel – ISFP
Jet Black – ESFJ
Faye Valentine – ESTP
Vicious – ENTJ

Cowboy Bebop and Afro Samurai (... lol) are the only anime I've ever watched.

I would've thought Spike was an ISTP, but Fi for him... that kind of makes sense.

The rest I think are spot on. Vicious was a slippery character, but I'd believe ENTJ.