Jin: INXJ
    Fuu: ENFJ

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Samurai Champloo:
    Mugen: ESTP (could be ISTP)
    Jin: INXJ
    Fuu: ENFJ
    GF I would have never guessed you are an anime fan.

I just finished watching Samurai Champloo and was trying to type the characters. I agree with you on your typings except Fuu whose type I am not sure of.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Help me type mugen from samurai champloo someone. Sad to ask for help because he seems like a classic stp e7. But i am not entirely sure about the enneagram type. He seems overly reactive at all times like a counterphobic e6 but has classic e7 carefree, in the moment, confident, easy going traits. Maybe he is a 7-8-3?

I think jin is NOT a istj as most people have typed him. He is easily an IJ but i believe people have typed him as an istj is because he is traditional and keeps true to his traditions. But injs don't have an issue with keeping with traditions too as long as they aren't counterprogressive. They are Js and they aren't verbal about what is bothersome and annoying (in this instance traditions) as much as some other types. I believe they will keep to traditions and would secretly chnage their ways and their inhibiting practices as not to offend others (in the instance of infjs due to fe) and not seeing a need to tell others and waiting for the best time to explain their reasons for changing (in the instance of intjs due to te). Anyway going back to his type: He is the best of the best samurai and considering the amount of se which is needed the be the best at something so physical i would say he has very strong se which supports his pi and since he obviously prefers fi and doesn't seem to have fe at all i believe he is an intj.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    GF I would have never guessed you are an anime fan.

I just finished watching Samurai Champloo and was trying to type the characters. I agree with you on your typings except Fuu whose type I am not sure of.
    Yeah I'm not into a lot of it; I'm just now exploring and finding out some things I like. I'm picky. So far I like Samurai Champloo and Death Note, and Miyazaki films.

As for Fuu I just got that vibe from her. She seems Fe as she sometimes scolds the other 2 for not being polite; it's not much to go on though. E and F for sure. She comes up with clever plans, which could be Ne or Ti, or even Te.

I'm thinking INTJ for Jin over INFJ. The only thing which makes me consider F is that he has a sort of gentleness. I associate INTJ's with being a bit more hard and harsh. I never observed him ignoring someone's feelings; then again I've only watched half the episodes. He's just stoic and unemotional, which can apply to INFJ's.

I think the blind female assassin is INFJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Cowboy Bebop

Spike - ISTP
    Jet - ISTJ
    Faye - ESTP
    Ed- ENTP
    Ein - INTx
    Vicious - INTJ
    Julia - INFx

Samurai Champloo

Mugen - ESTP
    Jin - ISTJ
    Fuu - ENFP

Kariya - INTJ
    Sara - INFJ
    Umanosuke - ENTP

While some may argue that Jin is not an ISTJ, I have to disagree. Yes, there are times where Jin seems to be quite intuitive; however, when comparing Jin to Kariya, it's blatant that Kariya's use of Ni is what differentiates him from Jin. Kariya's speech, as is Sara's, is distinct from Jin's. Also, my mom is an ESTJ, but still has her intuitive moments. Additionally, I wouldn't so much say that Kariya and Sara stick to tradition. Some say that NJ types can be traditional, and they can, but for different reasons. It happens that the NJs believe the traditional set up to be efficient, they don't just agree for the sake of tradition. Jin, on the other hand, simply respects tradition for what it is and not what it does.