User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Nothing fluffy about Fi... Ne is just as apparent in the INTP as in the INFP...
    I remember reading on a site that gave a list of adjectives for each type which said that both INTP and INFP were "aware of a dark side".

I think it's pretty apt.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    OMNi

Well here is my list. I'm sure it will change as more quintissential characters come to light.

Guardian:

ESTJ: Hank Hill, King of the Hill
    ESFJ: Monica, Friends
    ISTJ: Neji Hyuga, Naruto
    ISFJ: Ophelia, Hamlet

Artisan:

ESTP: Bart Simpson, The Simpsons
    ESFP: Naruto Uzumaki, Naruto
    ISTP: Muugen, Samurai Champloo
    ISFP: Misa Amane, Death Note

Idealist:

ENFP: Ariel, The Little Mermaid
    ENFJ: Hermione Granger, Harry Potter Books
    INFP: Dream, The Sandman
    INFJ: Huey Freeman, The Boondocks

Rational:

ENTP: Bugs Bunny, Warner Brothers Studios
    ENTJ: Orochimaru, Naruto
    INTP: L, Death Note
    INTJ: Uryu Ishida, Bleach
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Dream is an INFJ, perhaps even an ISFJ, IMO. I just get that vibe from him. He's very strongly bound by his duties and responsibilities -- often represented as a strong J trait, and almost never as a P trait, if you'd like to play along with the stereotypes, and you unfortunately have to if you're really into classifying fictional characters. And a stern taskmaster, to boot. I also don't see his personal values as one of his primary motivators at all. He can be vehement in defending his own perspective on things, or disagreeing with those that don't suit his views, but certainly (as can be seen from a great deal of Death-Dream dialogue) he'll take others' views into consideration, and even concede that they are more right than he is.

Also, as seen in Season of Mists and Brief Lives, he can be very accomodating towards others and is well acquainted with social structures and gestures. He offers his hospitality to every planar visitor that comes to him in the former series, converses with each of them in private, and in the latter one genuinely attends to his sister Delirium's needs when she comes with an offer to find their brother, even though he's in great emotional distress at the time -- going as far as to confide in his servant that he only goes on the adventure to lessen said distress, which, again if you're into the stereotypes, might be an indicator of "manipulative and controlling" Fe.

You could even make an argument for his tertiary Ti at work when you consider his outsmarting of the demon -- whose name I forgot -- in the first series, where he wins a verbal sparring match with the phrase "I am hope." and leaves the demon flabbergasted, after a period of analysis where he figures out how the demon plays the game and then responds accordingly.

Though I should note that in Dream's case just about every suggestion should be taken with a grain of salt -- what with being nigh omnipotent and all.
    Not really.

MBTI
    INFJ

I would like to nominate Dr. George Huang from Law and Order: Special Victims Unit as a quintessential INFJ.

George Huang & - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

edit: Just thought I should also mention that he has the best job ever. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ

Stark from Iron Man is definitely an ENTP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INTP

The Quintissential INTP: Bernard Ludwig Black
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I was overlooking some other threads and it sometimes seems like characters fit the archetypes of the MBTI nearly exactly. I'm trying to compile at least one for each type here.
    Uh, I hate to throw water on this, but I find that characters often don't fit MBTI archetypes. That's because those who write tha characters often don't know MBTI. So the character may have some character traits of one type and some of another. Or, they will exaggerated character traits. Like the taking the cleanliness and orderliness of ISTJs to an extreme.

I hate it when I see characters totally not fitting a type. And I get frustrated with that fairly often. The ESFP, for example, having the nobility and idealism of an INFP. Bah! They want their heros to have it all! And it doesn't happen that way in real life.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
    Uh, I hate to throw water on this, but I find that characters often don't fit MBTI archetypes. That's because those who write tha characters often don't know MBTI. So the character may have some character traits of one type and some of another. Or, they will exaggerated character traits. Like the taking the cleanliness and orderliness of ISTJs to an extreme.

I hate it when I see characters totally not fitting a type. And I get frustrated with that fairly often. The ESFP, for example, having the nobility and idealism of an INFP. Bah! They want their heros to have it all! And it doesn't happen that way in real life.
    I also have mixed feelings about doing this. However, just because some characters don't fit into one distinct type 100% of the time doesn't mean we can't discern the type they most likely are. If you think about it, we do the same thing as people. Personality is defined as consistent patterns of behavior, which means that sometimes even people can be inconsistent. With characters it is harder because you don't get raw data from them, you get what the author chooses to present to you. Unfortunately, some authors choose to present the inconsistencies more, or just create inconsistent characters to begin with (aka bad writing).

I find this thread unique because I don't think that a normal person can ever be "quintessential", since we are much to dynamic and complex to ever fit into one solid and unchanging pattern. However, I think finding fictional characters that DO fit the pattern perfectly (or close to, at least) is useful in its own respect (or maybe just to me because I use Ni). If you imagine the true personification of any type, you would have to be thinking of some type of cartoon-like character. Thus, I would think finding fictional characters that best represent a type is appropriate.

But don't get me wrong, I just see this thread as FUN not as fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    But don't get me wrong, I just see this thread as FUN not as fact.
    Yes, it's supposed to be fun.

I would add some of the new stuff but I can't edit the original post. Which is frustrating.

I think I know a character for INTJ: Victor Frankenstein. The book especially.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Misa Misa an Introvert??

No way!!! Explain yourself!!

I guess Light could be an INTJ but I got an ENTJ vibe throughout the whole show, I think an ENTJ can be just as smart as an INTJ, also I just don't see an Introverted type putting all that time into the same ambitions that Light went into. Extraverts don't have to be puppy dogs around people to be extraverted- especially the Rationals.