User Tag List

First 1234 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Ok, I'll can concede that one. I honestly don't know what type Dale is either.
    He has corrupted judgement whichever type he is. He doesn't appear either logical or particular caring about the human condition. He is so worried about his own personal safety, smacks of a self-centered version of Si, unbalanced by good judgement and troubled with inferior Ne. He does try to use social standards to shame other people at times. Hard to type him. He really needs an expert to type him.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    He has corrupted judgement whichever type he is. He doesn't appear either logical or particular caring about the human condition. ISFP with corrupted judgement?
    His paranoia screams of Si. My ESFJ grandmother is very similar in the conspiracy theory aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

heart on fire

His paranoia screams of Si. My ESFJ grandmother is very similar in the conspiracy theory aspect.
    Yes, I changed my post before I knew you'd answered.

I am certainly no coincidence theorist but Dale is totally irrational in his views so I say his Ne is inferior.

So Si with corrupted Fe and inferior Ne. He is possibly ISFJ or ESFJ.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Having watched 167 episodes, I assure you he is an N.

My argument for such is we learn in the bankai training episode that he learns by instinct.
    I have no idea what episode that is. But I don't claim to be any expert on the series. It just seemed to me that he behaved like an S most of the time, because he didn't seem to have much capacity or patience for abstract thought.

Seeing that you have watched the entire series, though, I think you would have a sufficient sample.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Again, I don't think Light is an INTJ. But that argument can go on forever... until the other thread reaches a conclusion, I'm not adding him.

Uryuu and Stewie Griffin I'll have to agree with, though.

I had no idea that this thread would explode overnight... this is going to take a while to sort through. I don't know if I'll add all of these -- I don't want eight for each type, that would just clog things, and then people could just look on various MBTI lists.

I'm looking for the distillation of types, not just an estimate. A character would have to scream one specific type for them to be added. For example, because there's so much dispute over Light Yagami in the first place, I doubt he'll ever be added.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Again, I don't think Light is an INTJ. But that argument can go on forever... until the other thread reaches a conclusion, I'm not adding him.

Uryuu and Stewie Griffin I'll have to agree with, though.

I had no idea that this thread would explode overnight... this is going to take a while to sort through. I don't know if I'll add all of these -- I don't want eight for each type, that would just clog things, and then people could just look on various MBTI lists.

I'm looking for the distillation of types, not just an estimate. A character would have to scream one specific type for them to be added. For example, because there's so much dispute over Light Yagami in the first place, I doubt he'll ever be added.
    At the moment, I'm just providing lists of possibilities to be debated. Characters like Light and Dale Gribble are too difficult to type, so they couldn't possibly be archetypes. I'm sure many of those others could be contested, and many are too simplistic depictions to be strong archetypes.

MBTI
    ENFJ

At the moment, I'm just providing lists of possibilities to be debated. Characters like Light and Dale Gribble are too difficult to type, so they couldn't possibly be archetypes. I'm sure many of those others could be contested, and many are too simplistic depictions to be strong archetypes.
    True, but this is looking for strong examples. I guess we could see what we could pull out of that list...

I'm willing to bend on a few points. For example, L's 'quirks' seemed more inferior Se than inferior Fe, but in all other points he definitely seems INTP. But otherwise... I'm going to be pretty strict on these. This is supposed to be exclusive.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    True, but this is looking for strong examples. I guess we could see what we could pull out of that list...

I'm willing to bend on a few points. For example, L's 'quirks' seemed more inferior Se than inferior Fe, but in all other points he definitely seems INTP. But otherwise... I'm going to be pretty strict on these. This is supposed to be exclusive.
    Perfectly okay by me.

If you only get one or two out of my list then I'll be more than content.

I'll leave the judgment of the quality to you. I just like making lists.

Hm...next will probably be popular sitcoms characters, maybe some of the most popular movies...some of the most popular books.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm thinking of maybe making Dream from The Sandman INFP. He seems pretty INFP to me... Unless, anybody has evidence otherwise.

INFPs have to deal with being called 'fluffy,' but I'm pretty sure that Dream is an INFP and I'm pretty sure he's not very fluffy... Lol.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Cowboy Bebop

Spike Spiegel – ISFP
    Jet Black – ESFJ
    Faye Valentine – ESTP
    Vicious – ENTJ
    Cowboy Bebop and Afro Samurai (... lol) are the only anime I've ever watched.

I would've thought Spike was an ISTP, but Fi for him... that kind of makes sense.

The rest I think are spot on. Vicious was a slippery character, but I'd believe ENTJ.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London