• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tim Burton´s type.

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
I didn´t find this topic in the forum. What is the type of the director of Nightmare before Christmas, the corpse bride, Big fish..etc. ?

I think that he is INTP.

KDude

I didn´t find this topic in the forum. What is the type of the director of Nightmare before Christmas, the corpse bride, Big fish..etc. ?

I think that he is INTP.

I think that's right. Maybe on the extroverted side though. I think Depp might be INFP, which would explain some of their friendship and similar take on the world.

I think his wife is ENFJ (or girlfriend?), which would at least fit some ideas about compatibility floating around.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://www.timburtoncollective.com/articles/misc5.html

'Tim Burton, like his work, is a wonderful mess. He's falling-apart funny and completely alienated; he's morbid and ironic; he's the serious artist as goofball flake. A self-described "happy-go-lucky manic-depressive," he's like a bright flashlight in a very dark place: the grim factory of Hollywood. Burton is a true visionary. Our culture usually doesn't use that word for people whose visions look like cartoons and go down like dessert, but Burton is spitting in the eye of our culture while simultaneously celebrating it. That's the fabulous, odd thing about his work: He's angrily spitting something sweet.'

INFJ 4w5. This entire interview has Ni written all over it.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Just a correction... Burton didn't direct The Nightmare Before Christmas. Henry Selick did; Burton was a producer and writer.

Sorry, carry on.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"It does make sense. I think life ultimately is tragic but in ultimately a very positive way. We all die. It is tragic. You go through many tragic things in your life, but that's not necessarily bad. That's what I love about playing with tragedy in a fun way [laughs]."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just a correction... Burton didn't direct The Nightmare Before Christmas. Henry Selick did; Burton was a producer and writer.

Sorry, carry on.

Was that a correction to the interview I posted? It only says that Burton was developing "Nightmare."

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that sounds about right, but I can see any NP type

He's certainly an INxP, but I can't see him as an extrovert. INFP would work too though. He's very similar with Beast from X-Men, another INTP 5w4 So/Sx. He's very in his head and don't show too much emotion and mood publicly. And he's more the guy who's fantiastical and is bouncing ideas than the long term planner working hard for an holistc view. So he's INxP 5w4, not INFJ 4w5.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, to the OP.

Well then, they have to dig a little deeper in more ways than one. They have to think to themselves, "How could THIS guy be an INTP in ANY universe?" Or a type 5 for that matter.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I think the atmosphere that I grew up in, yes, there was a subtext of normalcy. I don't even know what the word means, but it's stuck in my brain. It's weird. I don't know if it's specifically American, or American in the time I grew up, but there's a very strong sense of categorization and conformity. I remember being forced to go to Sunday school for a number of years, even though my parents were not religious. No one was really religious; it was just the framework. There was no passion for it. No passion for anything. Just a quiet, kind of floaty, kind of semioppressive, blank palette that you're living in."

The fact that this Burton guy talks about himself, his issues, his childhood, much more than his job or his ideas, is very telling of type. I know he's being asked pointed questions.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Were you lonely?

I never felt . . . yeah. Yeah. I've always likened it to that feeling, when you're a teenager, that grand feeling - which is why I liked punk or some people like heavy metal or Gothic. You've got to go through some kind of drama. I've always seen people who are well adjusted, and actually, they are not that well adjusted. Everybody is going to blow at some moment or other. In fact, the ones that come across as the most well adjusted are like human time bombs, waiting to go off. I just think that kind of dark catharsis, that kind of dark, dramatic, depressed, sad, moody thing, was kind of healthy."

Type 5 INTP? Really???

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Were you lonely?

I never felt . . . yeah. Yeah. I've always likened it to that feeling, when you're a teenager, that grand feeling - which is why I liked punk or some people like heavy metal or Gothic. You've got to go through some kind of drama. I've always seen people who are well adjusted, and actually, they are not that well adjusted. Everybody is going to blow at some moment or other. In fact, the ones that come across as the most well adjusted are like human time bombs, waiting to go off. I just think that kind of dark catharsis, that kind of dark, dramatic, depressed, sad, moody thing, was kind of healthy."

Type 5 INTP? Really???

Lonely with a feeling of not be ajusted, so yes, 5w4, like Kurt Cobain or John Lennon. Pretty much the same thing.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lonely with a feeling of not be ajusted, so yes, 5w4, like Kurt Cobain or John Lennon. Pretty much the same thing.

Oh, I see the reasoning now. Cobain and Lennon are 5w4, therefore Burton, who is similar, is a 5w4.

But I myself never said Cobain and Lennon were 5w4. And anyway, I offer quotes from the person typed as evidence, not comparison to others of the allegedly "same" type. That method simply compounds the first type error by assuming that since you were right the first time (say, on Lennon's type), therefore, you were right the second time (say, on Cobain's type), therefore, you were right the third time, and so on.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, I see the reasoning now. Cobain and Lennon are 5w4, therefore Burton, who is similar, is a 5w4

Yes, they obviously are of the same type.

But I myself never said Cobain and Lennon were 5w4.

Why what yourself said is su^pposed to be importan?

That method simply compounds the first type error by assuming that since you were right the first time (say, on Lennon's type), therefore, you were right the second time (say, on Cobain's type), therefore, you were right the third time, and so on.

If you are good at typing, it can be a reproductive result, and work one time, two time or three time, except if you are proof that the typing is invalid, which is apparently not your case.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Come to think of it, I could easily apply the same chain of reasoning starting with myself, but in the negative employment of logic.

I am a 5w4 INTP. Kurt Cobain is nothing like me; therefore, Kurt Cobain is not an INTP 5w4. John Lennon is kind of like Kurt Cobain; therefore, John Lennon is not a 5w4. And Tim Burton is kind of like John Lennon and Kurt Cobain; therefore, Tim Burton is not a 5w4.

But I wouldn't do that because I have better uses for fertilizer.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Come to think of it, I could easily apply the same chain of reasoning starting with myself, but in the negative employment of logic.

I am a 5w4 INTP. Kurt Cobain is nothing like me; therefore, Kurt Cobain is not an INTP 5w4. John Lennon is kind of like Kurt Cobain; therefore, John Lennon is not a 5w4. And Tim Burton is kind of like John Lennon and Kurt Cobain; therefore, Tim Burton is not a 5w4.

But I wouldn't do that because I have better uses for fertilizer.

It's also a matter of subtype. They are 5w4 Sx/Sp, Sx/So and So/Sx respectively. Maybe you're variant is differet. Or maybe you mistyped yourself which is probable.

Anyway, Tim B is not an iNFJ 4w5.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going with INFP 5w4.

I think Helena Bonham Carter is ENFP.