First 123 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that sounds about right, but I can see any NP type
    He's certainly an INxP, but I can't see him as an extrovert. INFP would work too though. He's very similar with Beast from X-Men, another INTP 5w4 So/Sx. He's very in his head and don't show too much emotion and mood publicly. And he's more the guy who's fantiastical and is bouncing ideas than the long term planner working hard for an holistc view. So he's INxP 5w4, not INFJ 4w5.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    No, to the OP.
    Well then, they have to dig a little deeper in more ways than one. They have to think to themselves, "How could THIS guy be an INTP in ANY universe?" Or a type 5 for that matter.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"I think the atmosphere that I grew up in, yes, there was a subtext of normalcy. I don't even know what the word means, but it's stuck in my brain. It's weird. I don't know if it's specifically American, or American in the time I grew up, but there's a very strong sense of categorization and conformity. I remember being forced to go to Sunday school for a number of years, even though my parents were not religious. No one was really religious; it was just the framework. There was no passion for it. No passion for anything. Just a quiet, kind of floaty, kind of semioppressive, blank palette that you're living in."

The fact that this Burton guy talks about himself, his issues, his childhood, much more than his job or his ideas, is very telling of type. I know he's being asked pointed questions.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"Were you lonely?

I never felt . . . yeah. Yeah. I've always likened it to that feeling, when you're a teenager, that grand feeling - which is why I liked punk or some people like heavy metal or Gothic. You've got to go through some kind of drama. I've always seen people who are well adjusted, and actually, they are not that well adjusted. Everybody is going to blow at some moment or other. In fact, the ones that come across as the most well adjusted are like human time bombs, waiting to go off. I just think that kind of dark catharsis, that kind of dark, dramatic, depressed, sad, moody thing, was kind of healthy."

Type 5 INTP? Really???

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    "Were you lonely?

I never felt . . . yeah. Yeah. I've always likened it to that feeling, when you're a teenager, that grand feeling - which is why I liked punk or some people like heavy metal or Gothic. You've got to go through some kind of drama. I've always seen people who are well adjusted, and actually, they are not that well adjusted. Everybody is going to blow at some moment or other. In fact, the ones that come across as the most well adjusted are like human time bombs, waiting to go off. I just think that kind of dark catharsis, that kind of dark, dramatic, depressed, sad, moody thing, was kind of healthy."

Type 5 INTP? Really???
    Lonely with a feeling of not be ajusted, so yes, 5w4, like Kurt Cobain or John Lennon. Pretty much the same thing.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Lonely with a feeling of not be ajusted, so yes, 5w4, like Kurt Cobain or John Lennon. Pretty much the same thing.
    Oh, I see the reasoning now. Cobain and Lennon are 5w4, therefore Burton, who is similar, is a 5w4.

But I myself never said Cobain and Lennon were 5w4. And anyway, I offer quotes from the person typed as evidence, not comparison to others of the allegedly "same" type. That method simply compounds the first type error by assuming that since you were right the first time (say, on Lennon's type), therefore, you were right the second time (say, on Cobain's type), therefore, you were right the third time, and so on.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Oh, I see the reasoning now. Cobain and Lennon are 5w4, therefore Burton, who is similar, is a 5w4
    Yes, they obviously are of the same type.

But I myself never said Cobain and Lennon were 5w4.

Why what yourself said is su^pposed to be importan?

That method simply compounds the first type error by assuming that since you were right the first time (say, on Lennon's type), therefore, you were right the second time (say, on Cobain's type), therefore, you were right the third time, and so on.
    If you are good at typing, it can be a reproductive result, and work one time, two time or three time, except if you are proof that the typing is invalid, which is apparently not your case.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Come to think of it, I could easily apply the same chain of reasoning starting with myself, but in the negative employment of logic.

I am a 5w4 INTP. Kurt Cobain is nothing like me; therefore, Kurt Cobain is not an INTP 5w4. John Lennon is kind of like Kurt Cobain; therefore, John Lennon is not a 5w4. And Tim Burton is kind of like John Lennon and Kurt Cobain; therefore, Tim Burton is not a 5w4.

But I wouldn't do that because I have better uses for fertilizer.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Come to think of it, I could easily apply the same chain of reasoning starting with myself, but in the negative employment of logic.

I am a 5w4 INTP. Kurt Cobain is nothing like me; therefore, Kurt Cobain is not an INTP 5w4. John Lennon is kind of like Kurt Cobain; therefore, John Lennon is not a 5w4. And Tim Burton is kind of like John Lennon and Kurt Cobain; therefore, Tim Burton is not a 5w4.

But I wouldn't do that because I have better uses for fertilizer.
    It's also a matter of subtype. They are 5w4 Sx/Sp, Sx/So and So/Sx respectively. Maybe you're variant is differet. Or maybe you mistyped yourself which is probable.

Anyway, Tim B is not an iNFJ 4w5.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm going with INFP 5w4.

I think Helena Bonham Carter is ENFP.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe