Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Default What type is David Lee Roth?

[youtube=0ei1deThVhE]Diamond David Lee Roth 1984 Interview[/youtube]
    [youtube=wlq0lYB3iSM]Van Halen - Jump (HQ music video)[/youtube]
    [youtube=ffxkY3fd5BY]David Lee Roth Good Morning America Interview 1985[/youtube]
    [youtube=G3JKjkaeLq0]David Lee Roth interview (2002)[/youtube]

My opinion: quintessential ESTP. 7w8 Sx/So.

Note: he made me think about Halla .
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

As a huge wigout Ted Templeman zombie, I agree with you.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    My opinion: quintessential ESTP.
    That was my immediate reaction. Not sure about the enneagram. Sounds logical though.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    That was my immediate reaction. Not sure about the enneagram. Sounds logical though.
    Performer = Type Three.

"Everyone needs attention, encouragement, and the affirmation of their value in order to thrive, and Threes are the type which most exemplifies this universal human need. Threes want success not so much for the things that success will buy (like Sevens), or for the power and feeling of independence that it will bring (like Eights). They want success because they are afraid of disappearing into a chasm of emptiness and worthlessness: without the increased attention and feeling of accomplishment which success usually brings, Threes fear that they are nobody and have no value."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Agreed, I've always thought he's the quintessential ESTP, and specifically that @Halla74 seems like a wise, David-Lee-Roth-like sage.

Enneagram, I'd probably also go for 7w8 sx/so.

He's a total nutcase, but unique and entertaining. My brother is a massive VH fan so I've been, er, studying him for years
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quintessential? I always thought he was more ESFP. No wonder why you laughed when I made some ESTP typings once. You had a picture of David Lee Roth in your head.

I think ESTPs come off more mentally tough, a little colder, more detached swagger (yeah, this isn't detailed.. maybe I'll write more later).. They still share Se dominance and wouldn't be that different, but that said.. Quintessential to me would be Madonna, Mae West, Vince Vaughn, Donald Trump, even Rossane Barr. Maybe football player Ray Lewis.

I think he's more personable and playful like other esfps.. Elvis, Tom Jones, Steve Erwin

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Definitely ESFP, E-7 or E-3 (still not exactly decided between those two) , I cannot see ESTP in him at all, he's too friendly and engaged

however he just seems to be an extremely Se subtype so the T or F won't be too obvious either
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    want success not so much for the things that success will buy (like Sevens),
    "I have been rich and I have been poor (HUHUHUHUHU) rich is better because it bring more WOMEN! (HUHUHUHUU)"

This guy is a 7, dude.

7s and 3s are look a like, they like competition and to bright in the sight of others. But unlike 3s, 7s are unlike ly or have a hard time to work more than they want ot to put work before pleasure. They are driven by optimism more than the need to get quick success. He has be poor for a long time and Van Halen was relatively unpopular for a long time, but he did'nt mind because he was confident about his bright destiny. That's David Lee Roth, David Lee Roth is a 7.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Agreed, I've always thought he's the quintessential ESTP, and specifically that @Halla74 seems like a wise, David-Lee-Roth-like sage.

Enneagram, I'd probably also go for 7w8 sx/so.

He's a total nutcase, but unique and entertaining. My brother is a massive VH fan so I've been, er, studying him for years
    Yes. Theses videos brought me the same impression than Halla's posts. You know, like if we were assertively surfing a 50 feets wave or seomething.

I love in the first video when he say "HUUMMH, WOMEN!", that makes me crazy.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Quintessential? I always thought he was more ESFP. No wonder why you laughed when I made some ESTP typings once.
    I don't remember that. When?

You had a picture of David Lee Roth in your head.
    More or less, yes. and Billy Idol too.

I think ESTPs come off more mentally tough, a little colder, more detached swagger (yeah, this isn't detailed.. maybe I'll write more later).. They still share Se dominance and wouldn't be that different, but that said.. Quintessential to me would be Madonna, Mae West, Vince Vaughn, Donald Trump, even Rossane Barr. Maybe football player Ray Lewis.

I think he's more personable and playful like other esfps.. Elvis, Tom Jones, Steve Erwin
    ESTPs are very often playful and very friendly. That's why Halla is sometimes suspected to be ESFP. But DLR is not into value judgment to make decision (F), and when he talk about love and marriage, it's relatively impersonal. There's a big difference with Tom Jones or ELvis Presley who are true ESFPs, theses guys are truly sensitive and lead from the heart. DLR is enthusiastic but more neutral about the ethical and sentimental part of things.

Others true ESFPs would be Ozzy Osbourne or Ricky Martin I think. I also thought for the past that Mick Jagger was an ESTP, but now I think he is either ESFP or evein ISFP. But David Lee Roth is ESTP, he "got an opinion on everything", but theses opinions are not really based on emotionals reactions and value judgments.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%