User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Winona Ryder

MBTI
    intp

Default Winona Ryder

Had an opportunity to watch Black Swan recently and was pleasantly surprised to see Winona Ryder. Infp? These videos seem consistent with that - except potentially on the n/s spectrum?

Conan O'Brien interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bSICj4eQ9M

Black Swan interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aln3U...eature=related

Charlie Rose interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN6aBRmHzWM

Talking about depression: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZogBCYlLm3A

I've always like her... I feel old though, because she's getting old..

I think more ISFP than INFP. If she's Fi, she doesn't seem very big picture oriented or on the same intense level? She seems more self-concerned than that. Not sure. Her childhood sounded more active. She was kind of a tomboy and had her own little skateboarding crew. I'll try to not to mention the drug abuse and hanging out with Courtney Love. These things happen. Hell, maybe she's INFJ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

funny, because she says she's obsessed with Kate Winslet (Conan interview). Kristen Stewart is also obsessed with Kate Winslet. Maybe they're the same type.....ISFP? I guess...
    What type is Kate Winslet?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    funny, because she says she's obsessed with Kate Winslet (Conan interview). Kristen Stewart is also obsessed with Kate Winslet. Maybe they're the same type.....ISFP? I guess...
    What type is Kate Winslet?
    Maybe they're close. I think Kristin Stewart could be ISTP. Her character from Twilight is probably ISFP.

I have no clue about Kate Winslet. ENFJ would be my first guess.

MBTI
    ESTJ

INTJ

and Kate Winslet - ENFJ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_ View Post
    INTJ

and Kate Winslet - ENFJ
    I seriously don't think she can be a thinker. Don't you see tremendous amounts of Fi there?
    Why don't you support your claims?

MBTI
    intp

"Se focuses on the experiences and sensations of the immediate, physical world. With an acute awareness of the present surroundings, it brings relevant facts and details to the forefront and may lead to spontaneous action."

That seems more appropriate for the type of dialogue Winona engages in for the majority of the above posted interviews. She talks primarily about her life and work in terms of factual information. When she discusses her depression she first speaks to her insomnia and late-night driving sprees (sensory details). Later she discusses how she felt, but she relates it to more sensory detail: seeing a magazine with her picture on the cover. Hardly any metaphors or similes.

The Charlie Rose interview gives her a chance to talk about her interpretation of Author Miller's play and her character. Still, she seems to hit on the factual information from the play and how her character must have felt - perhaps here she delves into Ne a bit more.

As for Kristen Stewart - I don't get much of a feeling vibe from her.
    Jimmy Kimmel interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbGODUVY6p0

She has no problem contradicting Kimmel's suggestions. Just on a hunch, it seems to me like an isfp would phrase their rebuttals with more caution. Winona, for example, verges on jittery in the Black Swan interview. She listens intently to Rose and the cues he gives her throughout the interview. Strikes me as very cautious. I tend to think Kristen's a t, but I'm not sure about whether she's more of an istp or an intp. She comes off as a bit spacey in her Kimmel interview. She's more definite with her language in the beginning and then resorts to saying "I'm so somewhere else right now" later on. It's like she's warning Kimmel: I can only pay attention to so much of this. Also, she says "I'm just so not in my own loop sometimes."

my guess for Winona is TiNe, INTj, mostly due to VI. i don't rule TiSe out.

T types can have emotions, btw. F is about cognitive ethical reasoning. F types can be schizoid. actors of all types should be in touch with their emotions. unless of course they want to make beeing wooden into their trademark.

my take on Kristen Stewart: ISTp SiTe. love her. know plenty of VI lookalikes.

MBTI
    intp

You type Ryder as intj?

i go by VI. i never really know the functions of the lookalikes for sure, i just try to put equal people together. i prefer this method, because i try to go by reality. i don't even know wheter there are just 8 functions/16 types (as proven fact). i try to use people as sorce, to then check the theory about functions, not the other way round. i think she is the same type as adymuss, the "INTP" (TiNe) from ... forgotten then name of the funny cult project (kinda like it) ... which is why i say this type of person is TiNe. same vibe, same cynic humor, same super cool expression, albeit her smile is a little stronger, which stands slightly out. (could indicate Fi over Ti, but i think its just a gender thing). another person of roughly the same vibe is the actor stanley tucci from conspiracy where he is playing himself (meaning a TiNe character). another example is time traveler and enterprise captain scott bakula. i would not bet my life on winona fitting into this pattern but thats just how my association comes up.