• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Winona Ryder

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
With Winona Ryder I don't see a Fi humanitarian who is out to improve the world one person at a time. I see an actress, one who, at times, becomes tired of the "game."

http://winona-ryder.org/2011/02/nine-five-interview/#more-1326
"For the past few years, or maybe more than that, I’ve really tried to construct a life so that when I go off and make a movie I’ve got something to come back to that is meaningful and full of support and friendships and relationships so I can feel as normal as possible. So I can go and work on a film and sometimes you’re gone for a long time so I go and do that. I wouldn’t know what to do, I feel like I have no life, and where am I going and what time is it? And now I feel a calmness because I’ve sort of planted some roots. It’s important for me to live as normal of a life as possible if you’re going to do all this drama in your work you don’t want it at home (laughs)."

G

Glycerine

So she's not a Fi user because she's not humanitarian? That automatically makes her Fe dom?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
With Winona Ryder I don't see a Fi humanitarian who is out to improve the world one person at a time. I see an actress, one who, at times, becomes tired of the "game."

http://winona-ryder.org/2011/02/nine-five-interview/#more-1326
"For the past few years, or maybe more than that, I’ve really tried to construct a life so that when I go off and make a movie I’ve got something to come back to that is meaningful and full of support and friendships and relationships so I can feel as normal as possible. So I can go and work on a film and sometimes you’re gone for a long time so I go and do that. I wouldn’t know what to do, I feel like I have no life, and where am I going and what time is it? And now I feel a calmness because I’ve sort of planted some roots. It’s important for me to live as normal of a life as possible if you’re going to do all this drama in your work you don’t want it at home (laughs)."

You don't understand what led to my burst of sentences? I told you already, it was the very first sentence of my previous post. Did you not notice it, or do you need things to be more spelled out? You made a conclusion out of a quote, therefore i made a different conclusion out of many quotes. It's just argumentation, statistics.

Secondly, Fi does not equal humanitarian. Where did you read that? If anything, you could link that concept to the NF group. But there you find both Fi or Fe as dom or aux. So...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
You don't understand what led to my burst of sentences? I told you already, it was the very first sentence of my previous post. Did you not notice it, or do you need things to be more spelled out? You made a conclusion out of a quote, therefore i made a different conclusion out of many quotes. It's just argumentation, statistics.

Secondly, Fi does not equal humanitarian. Where did you read that? If anything, you could link that concept to the NF group. But there you find both Fi or Fe as dom or aux. So...

This guy also thinks sensors are "deceivers," so.....

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This guy also thinks sensors are "deceivers," so.....

I would appreciate it if you would stop lying. Please. At least try NOT to live up to your type, ok?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

"Fi is responsible for understanding the quality, nature, and proper maintenance of personal relations; makes moral judgments; and aspires to humanism and kindness. Fi has a strong understanding of the social hierarchy and how people feel about each other, their attitudes of like or dislike, enthrallment or disgust, repulsion or attraction, enmity or friendship."

Sounds humanitarian to me. And in fact, the ENFP type has in particular been touted as a humanitarian type on this forum on many occasions.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Fi is responsible for understanding the quality, nature, and proper maintenance of personal relations; makes moral judgments; and aspires to humanism and kindness. Fi has a strong understanding of the social hierarchy and how people feel about each other, their attitudes of like or dislike, enthrallment or disgust, repulsion or attraction, enmity or friendship."

Sounds humanitarian to me. And in fact, the ENFP type has in particular been touted as a humanitarian type on this forum on many occasions.

In fact ENFP is THE humanitarian type, but not all all Fi types are normally described as humanitarian. Secondly, if Fi is so linked to humanism then you would expect INFPs to be more normally classified as humanists. Thirdly, you again made a conclusion out of one quote, but you have not shown me the other quote - the quote for Fe - for me to compare. I repeat, NFs are considered the "idealistic" group. Please explain to me why you would consider ENFJs to be less humanitarian than ENFPs, for instance. So I hope you can explain the 3 questions I raised...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In fact ENFP is THE humanitarian type, but not all all Fi types are normally described as humanitarian. Secondly, if Fi is so linked to humanism then you would expect INFPs to be more normally classified as humanists. Thirdly, you again made a conclusion out of one quote, but you have not shown me the other quote - the quote for Fe - for me to compare. I repeat, NFs are considered the "idealistic" group. Please explain to me why you would consider ENFJs to be less humanitarian than ENFPs, for instance. So I hope you can explain the 3 questions I raised...

I'm actually getting quite disgusted lately with Jungian function analysis. And I don't know why all the fuss over who is MORE humanitarian. I don't know what Fe quote you want from me.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm actually getting quite disgusted lately with Jungian function analysis. And I don't know why all the fuss over who is MORE humanitarian. I don't know what Fe quote you want from me.

I don't actually know why I'm discussing this. It's not even something that interests me. I'm only discussing it because you are simply telling things that are not true and using false logic. Is all.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't actually know why I'm discussing this. It's not even something that interests me. I'm only discussing it because you are simply telling things that are not true and using false logic. Is all.

I've played along with the gang here for a few months now. I've learned all the function talk and I have conformed to the unwritten rule in every church or church-like "superior Truth" environment (i.e., cult) that everybody must be "on the same page."

My determination of Winona Ryder's type was not made entirely by function analysis, she just seemed very Fe-dom from her interviews. I haven't really done much analysis for a while here. I simply looked into some interviews with her, had a hunch about type and looked up ENFJ. What I read there matched what I saw.

Someone else used Socionics Vi which is interesting, and I'd like to know more about how to make an INTJ call out of Winona Ryder based solely on her looks. Angular rather narrow face, for one. But it would really have to match this type of description of an INTJ by Vi.

"INTjs have a characteristic ascetic face. There are two reason for this. Firstly the facial structure itself is often reminiscent of ancient portraits because of its angularity and composition of the features, like cheekbone and eyebrow arcs. Secondly their facial expression is often accepted as emotionless and severe. Their face is usually pale or bloodless. Males often have a short haircut.

In many cases INTjs are slim. Their stomach is usually placed ahead of the chest giving them their characteristic posture. Their gait is somewhat unsure, wavering slightly. Sometimes it seems like they are not sure where they are going. This becomes more obvious in moments of excitement. Their clothes are not usually very striking. INTjs do not like to attract excessive attention to themselves and most of the time they stick to simple clothes, often wearing the same style and composition for a long time."

I'm guessing that an "ascetic" face is a thin face? Or maybe a hungry looking Ethiopian face?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Come to think of it, we must NOT assume that Winona has avoided some kind of plastic surgery. This factor is very likely to throw off any attempts at VI.

G

Ginkgo

'With no current boyfriend in sight - her brief romance with rock star Beck ended a few months ago - Winona still insists she's the marrying kind: "I plan on it. I'm very much traditional that way. I'd like to think it's just going to happen once. I'm a hopeless romantic. I was literally born wanting to get married. And I'm keen to have children. When I do it, I'd like to take a lot of time off.'

Now tell me Winona isn't an Fe-dom.

How exactly does it follow that she's not an Fe-dom, again? I completely missed that part.