• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alec Baldwin III - The Picture of a Male ESFJ

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
jagu-troll

i agree about iq. im just stating that is a throwoff. like a 2 meter tall japanese guy - statistically, he is not what you'd expect from an ESFJ. but that doesnt say anything about him specifically

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:rofl1: good one.... to his 12 yo...

He's going home for the day to explain to his 12 yo how he really "feels" and to "straighten her ass out." Sounds like an ESFJ to me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
jagu-troll

:yim_rolling_on_the_

i agree about iq. im just stating that is a throwoff. like a 2 meter tall japanese guy - statistically, he is not what you'd expect from an ESFJ. but that doesnt say anything about him specifically

I had an uncle who was a very quiet retired carpenter living with his wife in the mountains. I stayed with them for a couple of summers as a teen. My uncle was introverted, hard to get to know. As for his type, off-hand, I imagine he was a Thinking type (this was long before I knew any typology, so I'm going by memory).

However, one night I was camping out in the little trailer that they would haul around on trips. I was bored and couldn't sleep, so I was looking through drawers (it wasn't like it was someone's personal bedroom) and ran across this little book. In it I found my uncle's diary of personal thoughts. No, I didn't go snooping on everything, but I didn't put it away immediately either. What I found in the entries I did read was a private individual expressing very powerful feelings in the little notes about watching his grandson grow up. It was the kind of writing that would, for many people, bring a tear to their eyes.

Well, it was an eye-opener for me at the time. It appears that some Feeling males would like to appear masculine to the world, and keep their true Feeling selves a private matter.

Jaguar

jagu-troll

blacku-troll

Perhaps you want to post more nonsense like this:

I'm having a hard time with this. Its like he doesn't fit into the system.

Intelligent, but not necessarily N.
Warm, but not necessarily F.

Intelligence is not limited to 'N' types.

no it isn't but a lot of people on here seem to think so

You stating 'Intelligent, but not necessarily N' puts you in that category of 'a lot of people in here'.
And that person could be a 'S' type.

Credit goes to Riva. :happy0065:

G

Glycerine

He's going home for the day to explain to his 12 yo how he really "feels" and to "straighten her ass out." Sounds like an ESFJ to me.
I don't really have an opinion on his type but that doesn't really signify one way or another that he's ESFJ. My dad is ESFJ (probably 3w2, 8w7, 6w7) and I have infuriated him numerous times but he's NEVER verbally abused me liked that. What you say could be applicable to most, if not all types. I just posted the vid for kicks.

I just consider Baldwin a douche. :D

Rob Lowe may be a better representative of an ESFJ male (sans the sex tape and drug problems in the past).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:rofl1: good one.... to his 12 yo...[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J0-ZatDHug"]yeah..[/YOUTUBE]

omfg. dude has serious issues.

G

Glycerine

He publicly apologized but.... it was still a bit extreme, IMO.

Jaguar

I don't really have an opinion on his type really but that doesn't really signify one way or another that he's ESFJ. My dad is ESFJ (probably 3w2, 8w7, 6w7) and I have infuriated him numerous times but he's NEVER verbally abused me liked that. I just posted the vid for kicks.

I just consider Baldwin a douche. :D

Rob Lowe maybe a better representative of an ESFJ male.

For decades, he's been referred to as a self-centered narcissist.
'The rules do not apply' should be tattooed on his ass. He's an impulsive rebel.

It was about a decade ago, and no matter where you channel-surfed, the shit was flying about their divorce battle. It was probably the most public battle I've ever seen. Kim Basinger claimed Baldwin beat the shit out of her, and allegedly punched many photographers in the face. To not know Alec is an impulsive hot-head, one would have to be on another planet.

Alec Baldwin: It's the Narcissism, Again
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog.../201112/alec-baldwin-its-the-narcissism-again

Next thing you know, some joker will call Jack Nicholson ESFJ and Arnold Schwarzenegger INFP.

G

Glycerine

WOW, I didn't pay too much attention to that but I vaguely remember it. This makes it even more offensive to say he's "the picture of an *XXXX* male. :sick:

Jaguar

WOW, I didn't pay too much attention to that but I vaguely remember it. This makes it even more offensive to say he's "the picture of an *XXXX* male. :sick:

Excerpt from Dynamics of Personality Type:

Extraverted Feeling

• Being Considerate
  • Adjusting and Accommodating
  • Affirming
  • Checking Appropriateness

Sure thing. That's Alec. As he punches people in the face, he's "checking appropriateness" and being "accommodating." ;)

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Excerpt from Dynamics of Personality Type:

Extraverted Feeling

• Being Considerate
  • Adjusting and Accommodating
  • Affirming
  • Checking Appropriateness

Sure thing. That's Alec. As he punches people in the face, he's "checking appropriateness" and being "accommodating." ;)

Sounds like someone else I know. Maybe some of those without Fe simply lack the ability to do any of the above. Hmmmm.......
You're a resourceful guy, maybe you can help me with my "friend". :D

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alec Baldwin discusses how he had been conciliatory for 7 years during the divorce proceedings, and it got him nowhere.
ESFJs often describe themselves as "peacemakers." (LifeTypes)

Male ESFJs are not like female ESFJs. That's the main reason for my putting the word "male" in the thread title.

http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFJ.html
"...male ESFJs will usually not appear feminine at all. On the contrary, ESFJs are typically quite conscious about gender roles and will be most comfortable playing a role that suits their gender in our society. Male ESFJs will be quite masculine (albeit sensitive when you get to know them), and female ESFJs will be very feminine."
I guess that's what I had to learn with our own Merc. (Though he was questioning his type at one point, so I suggested some nearby directive types, based on the image he put forth, especially from the picture he uses as his avatar. I otherwise don't know anything from experience about male ESFJ's).

Still, the way Baldwin has been acting doesn't seem like the type even when they "have not had the advantage of developing their own values by weighing them against a good external value system may develop very questionable values" and "have no internal understanding of values to set them straight. In weighing their values against our society, they find plenty of support for whatever moral transgression they wish to justify. This type of ESFJ is a dangerous person indeed...". An ESFJ in that situation seems to be one who bounces back and forth between the careless Sanguine (ESF) and the strict Melancholic (SJ). They'll spend, party, and do all sorts of crazy things, but then become remorseful about the resulting disorder.

And they also adapt to whatever environment (external object) they are in, so even without the internal value system, they will still gain a sense of what's appropriate. Having a general attitude like that from not having a good external value source sounds more like very unconscious Feeling in general.

His general attitude makes him seem like a "Choleric" of some stripe, and ExTP, or perhaps ExTJ seems to fit.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Alec Baldwin fights for gay marriage rights.

Jaguar

"Remove from office those senators who stand in the way of equality. Do it right now."

Damn straight. Blow the bastards right out of their office chairs.
Excellent PSA. He may be an ass in his personal life, but that was a great performance. Lol.