• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

An Interesting Case: Actor Lance Reddick

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
no it isn't but a lot of people on here seem to think so

R

Riva

A lot of underage INTJs do.

---

You stating 'Intelligent, but not necessarily N' puts you in that category of 'a lot of people in here'.

If you meant 'abstract but not necessarily N', then it would have been more technically (MBTI) correct.

---

Intelligence is all sooooo very relative.

There are no fixed standards of intelligence.

Certain things you may not know, not good at another person could be extremely thorough in, good at.

---

And that person could be a 'S' type.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
very first impression is isfp.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
that could work.

i feel certain that he's not Se-dom or ENFP, nor is he ESTJ, so that leaves 12 types.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
very first impression is isfp.

I had a first impression too. But in the video he was acting at first, so I had to wait until the interview began. My first impression was ISTJ (while acting). Then he said he was hypersensitive; he started out in life wanting to be a composer or musician, but ended up as an actor. He has this certain gentleness, a genteel individual. His scarf indicates a simple yet individualistic style. He has a lot of class. I didn't watch the other video.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that could work.

i feel certain that he's not Se-dom or ENFP, nor is he ESTJ, so that leaves 12 types.

process of elimination is a difficult way to go about it. :laugh:
Anyway, everything seems very personal and subjective. He is very warm, clearly (to me) value-oriented. I don't really like to type people based on singular functions because you can convince yourself in or out of anything that way. This is from the one interview I watched, however, and I know people have a lot of different faces for the world.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had a first impression too. But in the video he was acting at first, so I had to wait until the interview began. My first impression was ISTJ (while acting). Then he said he was hypersensitive; he started out in life wanting to be a composer or musician, but ended up as an actor. He has this certain gentleness, a genteel individual. His scarf indicates a simple yet individualistic style. He has a lot of class. I didn't watch the other video.

Yes, I agree. In the acting I saw him as very xstj, maybe even xstp, that tough detective look. In the interview he was throwing value and love and sensitivity vibes all over the place. (But not the Ne vibes.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyway, everything seems very personal and subjective. He is very warm, clearly (to me) value-oriented. I don't really like to type people based on singular functions because you can convince yourself in or out of anything that way. This is from the one interview I watched, however, and I know people have a lot of different faces for the world.

He uses a lot of hand motions during the interview. (He has huge hands, by the way.) Intuitive feelers like to help you understand their words by using their hands. Tall, slender physique. Soft-spoken, pleasant persona.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

He uses a lot of hand motions during the interview. (He has huge hands, by the way.) Intuitive feelers like to help you understand their words by using their hands. Tall, slender physique. Soft-spoken, pleasant persona.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This forum's slow and double-posting is beginning to annoy.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Every choice that we make is a building-block for the future." Lance Reddick, INFJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The difficulty with Lance Reddick's typing is that he has his feet on the ground and his head in the clouds. So he's hardly what I would call a pure type, more like a ISFP/INFJ cross-breed. And he seems like both e-types 4 and 9. The source of confusion is Reddick himself. But he shows a deeper appreciation for the intellect and for values than the ISFP.

He certainly loves his "pedantic" father. His father story about pronouncing "pew" and "news" was funny.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
yea i think you are on to something. though he could also be an introverted enfj

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yea i think you are on to something. though he could also be an introverted enfj

I don't know what that is. :scratches head:

No response yet? If you want to go with a theory of 32 types, then I'm all for it. I just don't know what one looks like yet. I don't know what an extraverted INTP is, for example. Years before I went online I developed an MBTI which includes ambiverts, but not to point of having actual type-descriptions.

But I think there is a more mundane reason for the confusion. As an introvert Reddick is not innately skilled in the social realm, but he is well-practiced in that realm. And he is, after all, an actor. I'm not saying that he was being a phony in the interview I watched, but that he was making an effort to appear social to the interviewer and relaxed in front of the camera. Recall that he did admit to having a hypersensitive nature.

Consider the following wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person

Hypersensitivity "is a specific trait with key consequences that in the past has often been confused with innate shyness, social anxiety problems, inhibitedness, or even social phobia and innate fearfulness, introversion, and so on." So I'm not saying that hypersensitive people necessarily have social phobias, etc.; but they are correlated often enough in the same individuals to be confused with each other.

If you can find a more personal kind of biography on Reddick, I think you will find that he grew up shy and introverted, but then overcame this social/psychological obstacle.