Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Five

I don't see how it's realistically possible to type him, but I'll bite.

I'll go with ISTP.

He won his first duel at thirteen. I can't see any Intuitive type being that good a fighter at such a young age. And not just good, but arguably the all-time world's best.

Some of the stories about him have a definite "P" flavor, too. For example, not worrying about upcoming duels to the extent that he carves an oar into a wooden sword right before hand. Very casual, no preparation.

In another, he didn't trust the person he was scheduled to fight, so he arrived at the dueling site the day before and hid in a tree. Sure enough, his opponent comes with a bunch of armed henchmen for an ambush. Musashi jumps out of the tree right on top of them and cuts them down as they're paralyzed with surprise. Sounds like very SP-ish tactics to me.

He did indeed write and paint. Any type can potentially do that though. His book was on tactics, which is right up the ISTP alley, whether it's military tactics, football tactics, or dueling tactics.

MBTI
    ERTP

ISTP, yea - he has Ni but not very much of it. and his theories on Zen are pretty S
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

you guys have good points, ISTP does seem more likely than INTJ.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwheel View Post
    I don't see how it's realistically possible to type him, but I'll bite.

I'll go with ISTP.

He won his first duel at thirteen. I can't see any Intuitive type being that good a fighter at such a young age. And not just good, but arguably the all-time world's best.
    you have a good point, I can't see many Ns doing this lol

Some of the stories about him have a definite "P" flavor, too. For example, not worrying about upcoming duels to the extent that he carves an oar into a wooden sword right before hand. Very casual, no preparation.
    actually, that particular move was very deliberate.
    - he deliberately showed up late with a makeshift wooden sword to anger his opponent and make him loose his cool
    - his opponent was skilled with a long sword, so he carved a sword that was even longer to take away his opponent's edge

In another, he didn't trust the person he was scheduled to fight, so he arrived at the dueling site the day before and hid in a tree. Sure enough, his opponent comes with a bunch of armed henchmen for an ambush. Musashi jumps out of the tree right on top of them and cuts them down as they're paralyzed with surprise. Sounds like very SP-ish tactics to me.
    actually, I could see my INTJ friend doing this lol but overall, I think you're right that its more of an SP thing

He did indeed write and paint. Any type can potentially do that though. His book was on tactics, which is right up the ISTP alley, whether it's military tactics, football tactics, or dueling tactics.
    point taken. ISTP is probably more likely
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!