• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jennifer Garner's Type

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think more so ENFJ..
"And yet as long as she's been in the public eye, she's seemed completely at ease revealing her body. On YouTube, there's a much-viewed video of a young Garner dropping trou to large tighty-whities at a wrap party for the Georgia Shakespeare summer festival. "Really?" Garner exclaims innocently. "Oh my God, it was a joke!" And all the lingerie scenes in Alias? "I was in about half the lingerie that they wanted me to be in! Every now and then I'd get a script that would be like, 'Sydney's in a bikini,' and I'd be like, 'I can't! You have to give me notice. I have to have months to get ready. Don't make me do it.' Am I uncomfortable? It's as easy as this: If I feel like I'm in shape, if I feel secure about my body that day, then I don't really care. Otherwise it is incredibly painful." She thinks a bit more. "I'm okay with it. Definitely. I mean—yeah, I will definitely streak somewhere before I would get drunk.""

This seems more like something an Extravert would say.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My opinion's probably useless without a longer discussion... but I don't get any N vibes off her when I've seen her. Never have. (Just sayin'.)

Usehername

On a mission
My opinion's probably useless without a longer discussion... but I don't get any N vibes off her when I've seen her. Never have. (Just sayin'.)

She started off interested in the Arts (ballet, piano, singing, band geek), chose to be a Chemistry major in college and went quite far with that before she switched to theatre, then stopped working for many months to pick up the martial art known as Krav-Maga (this was before Alias ever existed), then she auditioned for TV; the interview quotes her as saying, "I really wanted to be a children's author"

if we're going by The Liquid Laser's definition of an N type being likely to move around, she seems to qualify. "I would just like to have as varied a career as I can" also, "I definitely think if I never got another job, I'd go to grad school!"

" limbs that she doesn't seem quite in control of despite years of ballet training." She's been said to be quite klutzy (noted especially when she tripped walking on stage to present an academy award; the interviewer also comments, "Walking across the Getty courtyard, Garner loses her balance again, but manages to spare the fanny-packed tourists the sight of a famous actress face-planting.") despite her pwnage of martial arts. Suggests inferior Se, which would make her a dom Ni.

In my personal experience, Scrabble lovers are also N types; does anyone have any similar/contradictory personal experience? ("says a good date night with Affleck is if she's at the stove and there's Scrabble involved.") Affleck is also pretty universally typed as an ENFJ.

Rarely wears makeup/jewelry to any event where it's not necessary; claims to have zero fashion sense.

"It was never my goal to become famous or to walk a red carpet for that matter. It was always my goal to get the next job and then once this was in sight, it became my goal just to try to have more choices."
TeenHollywood.com - Jennifer Garner: Everything That's Fun to Know...Part I

"it wasn't important to me to be part of the cool crowd. If you could see pictures of my eighth grade birthday party, we were really, really a motley crew." (Would that be universal to SJs? Or do SJs just need to belong somewhere?) "I also took jazz but I was always a disaster at jazz. I've never had rhythm.".... if she is SP I would be extremely surprised.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
omg! Jennifer Garner is a Scrabble lover! I never knew this!
Yea, for those reasons I'd say an iNtutive of some sort.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ

I don't either. :) She's a definite F and a definite J. I also see E, and I see S. Sooooo added all together we have ESFJ!

Not all N types dislike fashion. Not all S types love it, either!

As far as her comment on being happy about if there were a uniform for life so she wouldn't have to think about it, that sounds somewhat like my ESFJ mom :D

Usehername

On a mission
I have more information to back my INFJ type of Garner.

(1) Regular and recurring Se failures
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuDREr8G61A"]Awards ceremony stumble[/YOUTUBE]

(2) Playful when she's comfortable ; reminds me of Lauren Graham when she warms up by the second half of this interview
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiWvVsrgGVM"]playful in 2nd half[/YOUTUBE]
(suggesting that she's an introvert who must extrovert, so when she's comfortable, she's playful, but otherwise she's a typical IxxJ introvert who is more cautious in other interviews (which I think is why people who don't know her well were suggesting SFJ)

IMO, going from a heavily ballet committed life => chemistry major => learned Krav Maga for months before Alias => actress suggests an unconventional but consciously thoughtful and plan-directed INxJ behaviour.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always feel her ESTJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some theoricians would say that you're an INFJ and she's your ESTJ dual, and so, your reaction is normal. :D

By the way, I feel her face have a little severe traits, and so, I think she's a TJ. T girls can be hot too.;)

deleted
Some theoricians would say that you're an INFJ and she's your ESTJ dual, and so, your reaction is normal. :D

By the way, I feel her face have a little severe traits, and so, I think she's a TJ. T girls can be hot too.;)

Rather I think she's a F because she is a feeler. Not sure how to word this, but it has little to do with her face.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

i know an ESTJ when i see them, my only sibling is one ;)

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
In my personal experience, Scrabble lovers are also N types; does anyone have any similar/contradictory personal experience?

But not all N-type are Scrabble lovers. I *might* play it if there's absolutely nothing else to do, but even then I'd probably rather sit around and contemplate life...or sleep.