User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Winnie the Pooh

MBTI
    infp

Default Winnie the Pooh

Winnie - ISFX
    Owl - ENTJ... ESTJ? Some kind of ETJ I think.
    Tigger - ESTP
    Piglet - ISFJ
    Christopher Robin - INFP
    Eyore - ???
    Rabit - ESFJ?
    Kanga - ???
    Roo - ESTJ???

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Winnie - INFP

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Winnie - ISFP
    Owl - ESTJ
    Tigger - ENFP
    Piglet - ISFJ
    Christopher Robin - INFP
    Eeyore - INFJ
    Rabbit - ESFJ
    Kanga - ENFJ
    Roo - ESxP

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Let's see.
    I at least have them based on temperament.

Rational
    Owl

Idealists
    Winnie, Christopher Robin, Eeyore

Guardians
    Piglet, Rabbit, Kanga

Artisans
    Tigger, Roo

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Winnie-the-Pooh

I am in the midst of reading a truly amazing book. It is called The Tao of Pooh. It really, really emphasizes Pooh's ISFP qualities, indirectly, of course, but it is amazing how much Pooh fits as an ISFP, possibly a J, but I'd have to look more into it. I have also some *ideas* as to what other characters might be..

* I am not extremely familiar with each character, so I could be way off, just point if out if you think differently.

so...

Pooh- ISFP (there is a slight possibility he may be a J)
    Piglet- ENFP -he is known to hesitate, think things over, before acting, and seems to get along with Pooh quite well..)
    Owl- INTJ - he can be somewhat hard-headed, but he may also be a P..the NT is definitely apparent with his intellect.
    Rabbit- ENTJ - He is very clever, the NT in him is also apparent, seems to be rather Extraverted, and possibly is a J.
    and Tigger..well they don't, or haven't mentioned Tigger, at all, so far..but I have read that he may be an ENFP..I tend to think maybe an ESFP, but I have little to nothing to back that one up.

So there, my ideas, yes..ideas, on the type of each character. And I really emphasize the ISFP in Pooh...they really relate him being an Uncarved Stone, that is..simple, optimistic, bigger heart then brain, natural, adaptable, and overall, very humble, loyal, honest, without the brains, like Owl, and without Rabbit's cleverness..but with a nice solid character full of simplicity. He is a great representation of the Ideal Taoist. Which emphasizes his ISF..not through direct words, but it's almost as if it's what they are really saying.

So please, tell me what you think , it would be much appreciated.

-and I recommend the book, it's full of wisdom, and has to be one of the most thought-provoking, and inspiration books that I have ever read.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I definitely relate to ol Pooh, so I think you might be on to something.

I agree with most of your assessments of the characters, except for Rabbit. I say ISTJ. He doesn't tend to like being disturbed, and definitely has a strong belief in doing things the traditional way. regardless of whether it's the most efficient way.

One of my dad's nicknames for me was "Mr. Roo", so I'll always feel a strong connection to a certain little kangaroo as well.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP

"Humble, loyal, and honest" sounds like ISFJ to me, but I think it's a tossup between ISFJ and ISFP for Pooh. Tiger strikes me as a classic ESFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Great thoughts! Thanks for replying!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    isfp

I gotta say, Piglet was the character I always felt resembled me most (not least because I'm petite and small-boned, which means I'm also a Very Small Animal.)

He seems to be consumed with thoughts of bravery and "saving the day",which seems appropriate for an SP. I always loved the stories in which he's envisioning himself being ultra suave and nonchalant while confronting a Heffelump, but when he's in a situation in which he thinks he's actually meeting one, he messes up his lines and goes all inarticulate. AND YET, he's actually a brave little guy whenever he just does something to help someone and doesn't second-guess his own ability. Piglet's good at Just Doing What Needs To Be Done in crisis situations.

Also, Piglet's got beautiful scripty handwriting that's much more elegant than the others' (if you look at the pictuers drawn by Ernest Shepherd in the original stories). I think he's got untapped artistic potential.

Sarah
    ISFP

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I am in the midst of reading a truly amazing book. It is called The Tao of Pooh.
    I'm not gonna lie. I'm dying to read this book.