• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
Rick-- ENFJ
Shane--ESTJ
Lori--ISTJ
Carl--ESFJ
Andrea--ENFP
Glenn-INTP
Dale--ESFJ
Daryll--ISTP
mom with shaved head (can't think of her name)--ISFJ

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rick - ISFP(EXTREMELY Fi)
Shane - ESTP(don't see how he's a J or non-Se type)
Lori - xSFP
Carl - ?
Andrea - ENFJ
Glenn - xNTP
Dale - ISTJ
Daryll - ESTP
short-haired mom - IxFJ

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
Rick - ISFP(EXTREMELY Fi)
Shane - ESTP(don't see how he's a J or non-Se type)
Lori - xSFP
Carl - ?
Andrea - ENFJ
Glenn - xNTP
Dale - ISTJ
Daryll - ESTP
short-haired mom - IxFJ

I really suck at typing people, so I wouldn't be surprised if all my guesses were wrong.

Why is Lori an xSFP though? And why is Daryll an extravert?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Rick: ISFP 6w5 sx/sp

Shane: ESFP 8w7 sx/sp

Daryll: ESTP 8w7 sp/sx

Carl: ISTP 6w7 sx/so

Lori: ESFJ 2w3 sx/so

Andrea: ESTJ 6w7 sx/sp

Dale: ENFJ 9w8 so/sx

Glenn: INFP 5w6(?) so/sp(?)

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Rick-ISFP
Shane-ESTP
Lori-ESFJ
Carl-????
Andrea-ENFx
Glenn-INTP
Daryl-ESTP
Dale-ENFJ

Taking stabs in the dark here, most of the characters aren't really fleshed out.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
In a world of zombies how many secrets can you keep?
Watch AMC's Fe Gone Wild The Walking Dead

Rick -- supposed ISTP, actually ISTJ
Lori -- INFJ, just like in Prison Break
Shane -- ESTP
Carl -- who cares?
Andrea -- ESFP
Glenn -- ISFP
Dale -- INTP
Daryl -- ISTP
Carol -- ISFJ

I want Daryl and Carol to hook up. Aside from them looking like mother and son, they could make babies and call them Beryl, Bethel, Myrtle and Satan. Daryl and Carol will be Adam and Eve.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In all honesty, I'm starting to think that Rick may be ENFJ.

Also, Socionics wise, Shane is an SLE-Fe.

I want Daryl and Carol to hook up. Aside from them looking like mother and son, they could make babies and call them Beryl, Bethel, Myrtle and Satan. Daryl and Carol will be Adam and Eve.

Yuck. :sick:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, socionics wise, I think Shane might be SEE-Fe, just seems more Fi as opposed to Ti given his demeanor. Also JCF wise he might actually be ESTP.

Rick is probably SEI or something, not sure. Hershel is LSI as all fucking hell.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In a world of zombies how many secrets can you keep?
Watch AMC's Fe Gone Wild The Walking Dead

Rick -- supposed ISTP, actually ISTJ
Lori -- INFJ, just like in Prison Break
Shane -- ESTP
Carl -- who cares?
Andrea -- ESFP
Glenn -- ISFP
Dale -- INTP
Daryl -- ISTP
Carol -- ISFJ

Why do you think Rick is ISTJ, he is kind of implusive and has very strong internal ethics(Fi) that often conflicts with expediency and efficiency, you can tell the SP dynamic between him and Shane. I would expect a ISTJ to be alot more expedient and prepared than him. He does not plan ahead much at all, he just dives right into situations he is uncertain of, that does not seem like a Si dom to me.

The more I watch that show, the more he just screams Fi dominant.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Why do you think Rick is ISTJ...

Thru season 1, episode 5. Watching episode 6 tonight. I don't have a very good read on any of these people, and I don't even remember their names, but if Rick is the main character, then I've been thinking ISTJ as well. He's the only one I've really got any kind of read on, and even that's not very tight. I think you might be mistaking his dominant SiFi loop for just Fi dominant. I have considered ISFP though, too. I've also considered that the guy is a shitty actor, and whatever he is in real life is getting unintentionally blended into the character, cuz he just doesn't know how to portray the character as he's meant to be portrayed. This basically entails him being an ISFP in real life, trying to portray an ISTJ in the show. The one mitigating factor for his being an ISTJ, though, was his conversation with his partner at the beginning of the show when Rick says that, when it comes to turning off the lights, he's the one with the problem, and that his wife has to do it for him. No self-respecting ISTJ would ever forget to turn off the lights.

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I doubt that Rick is ISTJ; ZOMG U GUYS! WE NEED TO RISK OUR LIVES TO SAVE MERLE DA CRAZY DRUG ADDICT CAUSE IT'S THE MORAL THING TO DO! doesn't seem that Te-ish at all. If anything it's clear F, although whether his morals are personal or based more upon the group consensus, I'm not sure. ISFP or ENFJ should be his type because beyond F dominant he seems for the most part Se/Ni; taking action in the immediate moment but also chasing the possibility of a safe zone; like when he was convinced that the research center (forgot what it was called) would bea good place to hide in.

Also, his insitence of rescuing Sophia at all costs and refusal to let the greater good of the group take charge over the life of one also seems like Fi, but his desire to willingly abide by hershels rules also seems like Fe :thinking:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I guess I'm losing hope that you can hear me. But there's always that chance, isn't there? That slim chance. It's all about slim chances now. I try to do everything right, keep people safe. I tried, Morgan. I tried. Our group's smaller now. We lost another, day before last. It was her choiyce! I won't say I blame her. She lost faith. The CDC was a dead end. I met a man there. A scienteist. He told me sumthin'. He told me... [about the good touch]... It doesn't matter. What matters is, we're moving on. Atlanta's done. We're gunna try for Fooort Benning.

We're facin' a looong, hard journey. Mebbe even harder than ikn imagin'. But it cain't be harder than our journey's bin so far, can it? A hundred twenty-five miles. That's what lies ahead. And um tryin' hard not ta lose faith. I can't. If I do, the others--ma family, ma wife,... ma sun--there's justa few of us nao. So we gotta stick tagetherr. Fight for each other! Be willing to lay down our lives for each other if it comes to that.

It's the only chance we've gaught.

Be careful out there, Morgan. I hope you and Dwayne are okay. Stay off the road. Keep movin'. Keep yer iiyz open. I don't know, just--just be safe. Maybe we'll see you in Fort Benning some day.

Rick.

Last survivor of the Nostromo.

Signing off.

ISTJ.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Why do you think Rick is ISTJ, he is kind of implusive...

I don't think impulsive is the right word.

...and has very strong internal ethics(Fi)...

So do ISTJs...

...that often conflicts with expediency and efficiency...

If you're talking about getting Merle, which I'm assuming you are, you're forgetting that they also went back to get the guns.

In fact, if the guns weren't there, it's questionable as to whether he would have supported going back at all.

Seems like the expedient, efficient, and just thing to do was to go back, get the guns, and save Merle.

...you can tell the SP dynamic between him and Shane.

:huh:

Seems more like a shadow relationship to me...

ISTJ-ESTP

One's calm, reserved, shy; the other's excitable, expressive, and outgoing.

They set that up right from their very first conversation.

I would expect a ISTJ to be alot more expedient and prepared than him. He does not plan ahead much at all, he just dives right into situations he is uncertain of, that does not seem like a Si dom to me.

I think you're forgetting that they're kinda winging all this.

I mean, the world was just taken over by zombies.

You don't think "let's go to [insert authority figure]!" seems very ISTJ?

The more I watch that show, the more he just screams Fi dominant.

Once again, I see your Fi, I'm just calling it, and raising you an SiFi dominant loop.

I doubt that Rick is ISTJ; ZOMG U GUYS! WE NEED TO RISK OUR LIVES TO SAVE MERLE DA CRAZY DRUG ADDICT CAUSE IT'S THE MORAL THING TO DO! doesn't seem that Te-ish at all.

See above about actually going back for the guns.

If anything it's clear F, although whether his morals are personal or based more upon the group consensus, I'm not sure.

Putting aside the Te aspect of the guns...

It looks just fine as tertiary Fi.

I'd definitely say it's Fi.

ISFP or ENFJ should be his type because beyond F dominant he seems for the most part Se/Ni; taking action in the immediate moment but also chasing the possibility of a safe zone; like when he was convinced that the research center (forgot what it was called) would bea good place to hide in.

Definitely not ENFJ.

Not an extrovert.

Not an Fe'er.

As I said before, he seems like he's supposed to be an ISTJ, but the actor is an ISFP, and doesn't know how to portray an ISTJ well.

As such, you're seeing the actors dominant Fi slip into the character, over-accentuating what is supposed to be tertiary Fi.

Likewise, auxiliary Te is getting under-expressed, as it's the actor's inferior, and he doesn't have facility with it.

Finished the first season last night; so far, ISFP and ISTJ are the only possibilities I've seen.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I still don't see that much evidence for aux Te; Rick doesn't seem to be going by any methodological framework nor any great system of rational for his actions; in fact, since he took leadership upon reuniting with his family, he has been responsible for one man losing a hand, several innocent people becoming zombie food, getting his son shot, losing a little girl in the woods, and another man was killed.

He's just too damn idealistic and incompetent to be an ISTJ; ISFP is probably right.

Also, Shane may be ENFJ; rational of why he may be ENFJ, I'll explain later.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Reason why I think Shane is ENFJ: Shane seems primarily concerned with fitting into an external social role; before Rick reappears from the hospital, Shane seems pretty content taking the role as Lori's husband, Carl's father, and the groups leader. Of course once Rick return he losses all that, which he obviously isn't too thrilled about. He's also fairly skilled (somewhat anyway) at manipulation of the social context of other people, knowing what to and how to say to others in order to get what he wants. Also, those with tert Se often display it as an aggressive show of force, which in Shane's case, is pretty fucking obvious. The only probelm is that I don't see much Ni in him at all; in fact he uses Ti somewhat more (wanting to abondon Sophia because it makes more logical sense to preserve the group as opposed to one person, or taking out Otis as a logical means to his and Carl's survival. But of course, in that case he would probably be ESTP then.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, I changed my mind concerning Dale, he's INFJ, not ENFJ (nor ISTJ for that matter).

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
Rick: ENFJ
Shane: ESTJ
Lori: Serious ESFJ sobreprotector
Carl: ENFx
Andrea: ESTP
Glenn: ENTP
Dale: INFJ
Carol: who cares?

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
Here's my updated thoughts on it all. I'd LOVE to hear more opinions on their types

Rick: ISFP--wants to make good decisions, likes to take action, but ultimately he makes a lot of stupid, bad decisions based on lack of planning and consistency in his actions. He also becomes tyrannical when he is challenged, which I believe may be some inferior Te.

Lori: ISFP/ESFP--She shows Fi all the time, and I think she shows some Se.

Shane--not sure, but I'd say either ESTP, ENFJ, or maybe ENTJ?

Dale--INFP--I think he shows a lot of Fi and Si. Maybe ISTJ

Andrea--ExxJ. not sure

Daryl--ESTP/ISTP. I think Se and Ti are pretty obvious, but I don't know if he's inferior Ni or Fe.

Glenn--ENTP. I thought he might be an INTP, but I don't think he has inferior Fe. Plus, he's pretty willing to jump into action without asking questions.

Maggie--ESFJ. She seems ridiculously protective over her family and very nice and helpful as well.

Hershel--ISFJ maybe. Seems Si dominant.

Carol--INFJ? She sees the potential in Daryl, she sees Sophia's death in a different light than everyone else (Ni), she's nice and helpful (Fe), she never takes action on her own and seems to be pretty averse to this new world where you have to fight all the time and physically protect yourself (inferior Se?)

Beth--don't know.

Merle--ESTJ? ESTP?

Randall--ESFP? He seems like he's up for whatever and also never knows when to shut up. lol.