First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAlwaysSunny View Post
    Here's my updated thoughts on it all. I'd LOVE to hear more opinions on their types

Rick: ISFP--wants to make good decisions, likes to take action, but ultimately he makes a lot of stupid, bad decisions based on lack of planning and consistency in his actions. He also becomes tyrannical when he is challenged, which I believe may be some inferior Te.

Lori: ISFP/ESFP--She shows Fi all the time, and I think she shows some Se.

Shane--not sure, but I'd say either ESTP, ENFJ, or maybe ENTJ?

Dale--INFP--I think he shows a lot of Fi and Si. Maybe ISTJ

Andrea--ExxJ. not sure

Daryl--ESTP/ISTP. I think Se and Ti are pretty obvious, but I don't know if he's inferior Ni or Fe.

Glenn--ENTP. I thought he might be an INTP, but I don't think he has inferior Fe. Plus, he's pretty willing to jump into action without asking questions.

Maggie--ESFJ. She seems ridiculously protective over her family and very nice and helpful as well.

Hershel--ISFJ maybe. Seems Si dominant.

Carol--INFJ? She sees the potential in Daryl, she sees Sophia's death in a different light than everyone else (Ni), she's nice and helpful (Fe), she never takes action on her own and seems to be pretty averse to this new world where you have to fight all the time and physically protect yourself (inferior Se?)

Beth--don't know.

Merle--ESTJ? ESTP?

Randall--ESFP? He seems like he's up for whatever and also never knows when to shut up. lol.
    I think you got most of these pretty right, but I think Shane is a clear ESTP, just more SeFe, Dale could be a well balanced ISTJ or INFP(as he is a old man), Glenn overall seems more INTP than ENTP, he is just so behind the scenes and passive, in situations like this INTPs can be very adaptable and "jump in before looking". I thought of Maggie as a ESFP, Carol is an obvious IFJ, a good argument for Si or Ni dominance could be made, Beth seems like some kind of IxFx type. Andrea seems like a Fe dominant, probably ENFJ, like the way she handled Beth's potential suicide situation, that seemed very Ni+Fe.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    I think you got most of these pretty right, but I think Shane is a clear ESTP, just more SeFe, Dale could be a well balanced ISTJ or INFP(as he is a old man), Glenn overall seems more INTP than ENTP, he is just so behind the scenes and passive, in situations like this INTPs can be very adaptable and "jump in before looking". I thought of Maggie as a ESFP, Carol is an obvious IFJ, a good argument for Si or Ni dominance could be made, Beth seems like some kind of IxFx type. Andrea seems like a Fe dominant, probably ENFJ, like the way she handled Beth's potential suicide situation, that seemed very Ni+Fe.
    What do you think of Daryl? And Randall (wish they hadnt killed him)?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAlwaysSunny View Post
    What do you think of Daryl? And Randall (wish they hadnt killed him)?
    Daryl seems like a "loner" type of ESTP, it's interesting contrasting him with the more SeFe loop ESTP Shane. Daryl has more honor and principles behind his actions(Ti) whereas Shane does what ever it takes to survive in the immediate situation, often shortsighted(Se) and protect his closest loved ones, in this case only Lori and Carl(Fe). Shane probably has a very warped Ti way of self-justifying his clearly treacherous actions.

Randall probably is ESFP, I think Daryl is a very capable leader, he has the right mindset IMO, not as ruthless and backstabbing as Shane but not as merciful as Rick.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    BEER

Rick-ISFJ.
    Dale-i agree on xnxj 9w8
    Andrea- INFJ. 4w3
    Daryl- ESTP.
    Carol- an exploration of e-type 6
    lil boy- ENXP

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Rick Grimes - ISTJ
    Lori Grimes - ISTJ, too [weird couple, eh?]
    Carl Grimes - It's hard to type children - I'm not sure.
    Dale - INFJ
    Daryl - ESTP
    Shane - I don't know, yet. Some kind of unhealthy feeler? It's been awhile since I watched the series - even longer since I've read the comics.. though the show deviates so much from the comic that it's hardly relevant, anyhow. Still need to catch up. I only got through part of season 2/all of season 1.
    Glenn - INFP
    Andrea - ISFJ
    "T-Dog" - ISTP
    Hershel - ISTJ
    Maggie - not sure..
    Dr. Jenner in season 1, I think, was definitely some kind of NTP.

I'll probably go back & edit this, once I catch up. I haven't read the entire thread; just saw the preceding post via iSpy. Thought I'd toss in my tentative 2 cents. I'll read the rest of the thread when I'm up to speed.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

I love Rick's character. He genuinely seems to care about people; but the world won't reward it, so now he's losing his mind.
    I hope they don't kill him off; I want to see how he changes now, especially given that he's displaying all the signs of being traumatized; he's desensitized by being over-sensitized; he's masochistic, angry, and impulsive. That blood boiling reaction to Glenn trying to stop him, and the empty, animalistic stare, I know what that is. The third season seems to be about his Te shadow.
    If this is going to be realistic, I'd like to see if people become afraid of him and compartmentalize his behavior as psychotic and insane, rather than a sane reaction to pain and chaos. And it should be interesting to see if Rick lives up to the former or the latter.

And yeah, he's Fi, guys. Fi internalizes the emotions of other people, pure and simple, and uses that to normalize them. Fi then doesn't assert values, it normalizes the emotions of other people through decision-making.
    Thus, there's a big difference between asserting values (as moral claims) and using that to 'dictate' decision-making and between seeking relative moral decisions and using the decision that will normalize a group best. The former is unyielding in values and will foster emotional chaos to make its claim real; the latter is yielding to values and will use them to decide on how to make peace in a group.
    P.S. MBTI is STUPID.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Daryll is definetly a strong introvert, ISTP would fit. In season 2 he's quite a loner. Glenn is a feeler, Dale a strong idealist (in seaon 2 he is committed to the captive passionately).
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    INFP

The Governor- Mostly an underdeveloped or unhappy ENTJ with a couple of powerful ENFJ traits; he's kind of a combination of both. He's very intuitive and a great talker like most extroverts.
    ENTJ qualities:
    •Natural leader
    •Verbally fluent
    •Able to leave relationships without looking back (sometimes).
    •Tendency to have difficulty listening to others
    •MUST be in charge; does not like sharing power or responsibilities.
    •Tendency to be controlling
    •Tendency to be critical of others opinions and attitudes that don't match his own.
    •Explosive temper when under extreme stress.
    •Is very intolerant of others messiness and inefficiency.
    •Tendency to make hasty decisions
    •Extremely high standards and expectations.
    •Tends to get in "win-lose" conversations
    •Able to dole out discipline among followers
    •Extremely self-confident
    •Uses personal power as an agent of self-aggrandiziment
    • Strong sentimental streaks with a his daughter, and Megan for a little while
    •Tendency to be challenging and confrontational.
    •Wants his town, Woodbury to be beautifully run.
    ENFJ traits:
    •Good verbal/communication skills when he manipulates people.
    •Womanizer;uses seduction
    •Deceptively charming
    •Can "read" people well, and he's extremely manipulative with words and playing on affections.

Permabanned

Daryl is istp aw yea. Who even cares about the rest of them.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Yeah, I don't know how people are coming up with ESTP for Daryl. He's ISTP. One of the more obvious and easier typings on that show.

I agree that the Governor is the quintessential evil ENTJ, although his public face, the one seen by his followers, is a bit more ESTJ or even ESFJ, what with the way he plays the "tender alpha" role so well for the women and children.