• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Walking Dead

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's my updated thoughts on it all. I'd LOVE to hear more opinions on their types

Rick: ISFP--wants to make good decisions, likes to take action, but ultimately he makes a lot of stupid, bad decisions based on lack of planning and consistency in his actions. He also becomes tyrannical when he is challenged, which I believe may be some inferior Te.

Lori: ISFP/ESFP--She shows Fi all the time, and I think she shows some Se.

Shane--not sure, but I'd say either ESTP, ENFJ, or maybe ENTJ?

Dale--INFP--I think he shows a lot of Fi and Si. Maybe ISTJ

Andrea--ExxJ. not sure

Daryl--ESTP/ISTP. I think Se and Ti are pretty obvious, but I don't know if he's inferior Ni or Fe.

Glenn--ENTP. I thought he might be an INTP, but I don't think he has inferior Fe. Plus, he's pretty willing to jump into action without asking questions.

Maggie--ESFJ. She seems ridiculously protective over her family and very nice and helpful as well.

Hershel--ISFJ maybe. Seems Si dominant.

Carol--INFJ? She sees the potential in Daryl, she sees Sophia's death in a different light than everyone else (Ni), she's nice and helpful (Fe), she never takes action on her own and seems to be pretty averse to this new world where you have to fight all the time and physically protect yourself (inferior Se?)

Beth--don't know.

Merle--ESTJ? ESTP?

Randall--ESFP? He seems like he's up for whatever and also never knows when to shut up. lol.

I think you got most of these pretty right, but I think Shane is a clear ESTP, just more SeFe, Dale could be a well balanced ISTJ or INFP(as he is a old man), Glenn overall seems more INTP than ENTP, he is just so behind the scenes and passive, in situations like this INTPs can be very adaptable and "jump in before looking". I thought of Maggie as a ESFP, Carol is an obvious IFJ, a good argument for Si or Ni dominance could be made, Beth seems like some kind of IxFx type. Andrea seems like a Fe dominant, probably ENFJ, like the way she handled Beth's potential suicide situation, that seemed very Ni+Fe.

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
I think you got most of these pretty right, but I think Shane is a clear ESTP, just more SeFe, Dale could be a well balanced ISTJ or INFP(as he is a old man), Glenn overall seems more INTP than ENTP, he is just so behind the scenes and passive, in situations like this INTPs can be very adaptable and "jump in before looking". I thought of Maggie as a ESFP, Carol is an obvious IFJ, a good argument for Si or Ni dominance could be made, Beth seems like some kind of IxFx type. Andrea seems like a Fe dominant, probably ENFJ, like the way she handled Beth's potential suicide situation, that seemed very Ni+Fe.

What do you think of Daryl? And Randall (wish they hadnt killed him)?

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you think of Daryl? And Randall (wish they hadnt killed him)?

Daryl seems like a "loner" type of ESTP, it's interesting contrasting him with the more SeFe loop ESTP Shane. Daryl has more honor and principles behind his actions(Ti) whereas Shane does what ever it takes to survive in the immediate situation, often shortsighted(Se) and protect his closest loved ones, in this case only Lori and Carl(Fe). Shane probably has a very warped Ti way of self-justifying his clearly treacherous actions.

Randall probably is ESFP, I think Daryl is a very capable leader, he has the right mindset IMO, not as ruthless and backstabbing as Shane but not as merciful as Rick.

SamAdams

MBTI Type
BEER
Rick-ISFJ.
Dale-i agree on xnxj 9w8
Andrea- INFJ. 4w3
Daryl- ESTP.
Carol- an exploration of e-type 6
lil boy- ENXP

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rick Grimes - ISTJ
Lori Grimes - ISTJ, too [weird couple, eh?]
Carl Grimes - It's hard to type children - I'm not sure.
Dale - INFJ
Daryl - ESTP
Shane - I don't know, yet. Some kind of unhealthy feeler? It's been awhile since I watched the series - even longer since I've read the comics.. though the show deviates so much from the comic that it's hardly relevant, anyhow. Still need to catch up. I only got through part of season 2/all of season 1.
Glenn - INFP
Andrea - ISFJ
"T-Dog" - ISTP
Hershel - ISTJ
Maggie - not sure.. :thinking:
Dr. Jenner in season 1, I think, was definitely some kind of NTP.

I'll probably go back & edit this, once I catch up. I haven't read the entire thread; just saw the preceding post via iSpy. Thought I'd toss in my tentative 2 cents. I'll read the rest of the thread when I'm up to speed.

Little_Sticks

I love Rick's character. He genuinely seems to care about people; but the world won't reward it, so now he's losing his mind.
I hope they don't kill him off; I want to see how he changes now, especially given that he's displaying all the signs of being traumatized; he's desensitized by being over-sensitized; he's masochistic, angry, and impulsive. That blood boiling reaction to Glenn trying to stop him, and the empty, animalistic stare, I know what that is. The third season seems to be about his Te shadow.
If this is going to be realistic, I'd like to see if people become afraid of him and compartmentalize his behavior as psychotic and insane, rather than a sane reaction to pain and chaos. And it should be interesting to see if Rick lives up to the former or the latter.

And yeah, he's Fi, guys. Fi internalizes the emotions of other people, pure and simple, and uses that to normalize them. Fi then doesn't assert values, it normalizes the emotions of other people through decision-making.
Thus, there's a big difference between asserting values (as moral claims) and using that to 'dictate' decision-making and between seeking relative moral decisions and using the decision that will normalize a group best. The former is unyielding in values and will foster emotional chaos to make its claim real; the latter is yielding to values and will use them to decide on how to make peace in a group.
P.S. MBTI is STUPID.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Daryll is definetly a strong introvert, ISTP would fit. In season 2 he's quite a loner. Glenn is a feeler, Dale a strong idealist (in seaon 2 he is committed to the captive passionately).

AliceKettle

MBTI Type
INFP
The Governor- Mostly an underdeveloped or unhappy ENTJ with a couple of powerful ENFJ traits; he's kind of a combination of both. He's very intuitive and a great talker like most extroverts.
ENTJ qualities:
•Natural leader
•Verbally fluent
•Able to leave relationships without looking back (sometimes).
•Tendency to have difficulty listening to others
•MUST be in charge; does not like sharing power or responsibilities.
•Tendency to be controlling
•Tendency to be critical of others opinions and attitudes that don't match his own.
•Explosive temper when under extreme stress.
•Is very intolerant of others messiness and inefficiency.
•Tendency to make hasty decisions
•Extremely high standards and expectations.
•Tends to get in "win-lose" conversations
•Able to dole out discipline among followers
•Extremely self-confident
•Uses personal power as an agent of self-aggrandiziment
• Strong sentimental streaks with a his daughter, and Megan for a little while
•Tendency to be challenging and confrontational.
•Wants his town, Woodbury to be beautifully run.
ENFJ traits:
•Good verbal/communication skills when he manipulates people.
•Womanizer;uses seduction
•Deceptively charming
•Can "read" people well, and he's extremely manipulative with words and playing on affections.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I don't know how people are coming up with ESTP for Daryl. He's ISTP. One of the more obvious and easier typings on that show.

I agree that the Governor is the quintessential evil ENTJ, although his public face, the one seen by his followers, is a bit more ESTJ or even ESFJ, what with the way he plays the "tender alpha" role so well for the women and children.

AliceKettle

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, I don't know how people are coming up with ESTP for Daryl. He's ISTP. One of the more obvious and easier typings on that show.

I agree that the Governor is the quintessential evil ENTJ, although his public face, the one seen by his followers, is a bit more ESTJ or even ESFJ, what with the way he plays the "tender alpha" role so well for the women and children.

Yeah, I agree. The Governor's personality type is hard to figure out because he's such a multi-faceted individual. David Morrissey did an amazing job portraying that in him. I do think that the Governor genuinely cared about Penny, though. With Megan it's difficult to say...Maybe he did in the beginning, but in the end he was pretty much doing everything for himself. I definitely don't think that the Governor is a "sensing" type of personality. He's more intuitive. The way he can "read" and play on people's thoughts and motives so well prove that. I don't know what Daryl is? Maybe an ISFJ.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Rick: isfj - if you care, ill tell you why
Lori: Isfj - hard to tell
Shane- Istp - all the way
Dale-Enfp - so annoying
T-dawg - ISFP
Andrea-ENFJ
Daryl-ESFP
Glenn-ENTP
Maggie-ISTJ?
Hershel-ISTJ
Carol-INFP
Beth-??whos that
Merle-ESTP- a really creepy, pedophile estp. lol
Randall - who the hell cares?
Govna - ENTP
Crazy Sword B*^$& - ???

Daryl is istp aw yea. Who even cares about the rest of them.

Aw yea, an istp who makes ear necklaces and likes to care for little girls/old ladies. You nailed it.

badger055

Permabanned

-rides a motorcycle
-quiet
-asshole
-survivalist
-good with weapons
-hunter
-keeps to himself
-has very little emotions
-soft spot for people he cares about
-is more at home in the apocalypse than in civilization

It's like you have never seen an ISTP before.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
-rides a motorcycle
-quiet
-asshole
-survivalist
-good with weapons
-hunter
-keeps to himself
-has very little emotions
-soft spot for people he cares about
-is more at home in the apocalypse than in civilization

It's like you have never seen an ISTP before.

Oh I definitely have, and I see your point.
Its just vague. Its what I don't like about mbti.

MBTI frustrates me.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, the more I see Daryl, the more I think the character might be ISFP. So, you're both wrong. Maybe.

I think the character acts like a T-dom because he grew up around an asshole father and older brother and repressed his dominant Fi. Especially when you look at Merle, who exerted a strong influence over Daryl.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Actually, the more I see Daryl, the more I think the character might be ISFP. So, you're both wrong. Maybe.

I think the character acts like a T-dom because he grew up around an asshole father and older brother and repressed his dominant Fi. Especially when you look at Merle, who exerted a strong influence over Daryl.

Yeah, when I read what badger last said, I had the hardest time disproving the I.

Although he is usually very calm, which is not totally common (although not unheard of for esfps), you never see a Ti rant or a rogue Ti stand against authority. He's always extremely loyal and very caring (although he is never outward about his affection).

BUT, never once is he cold (correct me if I'm wrong).

I really don't think an ISTP would ever wear ears, lol. I have a hard time with that one.

The main reason that I never said ISFP is that he seems a little bit too logical.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bearing in mind that television series give us the most basic of archetypes to work with, and further considering that multiple writers mean characters might contradict themselves from time to time, I guess we might never know.

I've also considered ISFJ for Daryl.

:shrug:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I could maybe see ISFP given his upbringing- but I can't in any wild stretch of the imagination see Daryl as an extrovert. Buh?