User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default There Will Be Blood

Just finished watching this crazy movie. Daniel Plainview is a force in himself. I think he's an INTJ 8w7. His main foe in the film, Eli Sunday, vibes as a ESFJ 2w3.

Anyone agree/disagree?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    Just finished watching this crazy movie. Daniel Plainview is a force in himself. I think he's an INTJ 8w7. His main foe in the film, Eli Sunday, vibes as a ESFJ 2w3.

Anyone agree/disagree?
    Yeah, I think Plainview seems pretty definite INTJ, one highlighting the negative aspects of that type (no, they aren't all like Plainview, but I've known some who are, and they tend to be the ones who most vehemently defend themselves and people like themselves as awesome or, though they don't explicitly say this, superior. In fact, I expect the first person to call Plainview something else will likely be a proud INTJ). Sunday might be an ESFJ, not that he's much better. I haven't seen the movie in a year or two (I do love this film though), so I'm not certain about Sunday. Plainview is total unhealthy INTJ, though.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Permabanned

great film has a bit too much dialogue for my taste but still worth it. The ending made me "LOL".

Maybe INTJ is right. Although I wonder why an INTJ would be so vicious about milkshakes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Maybe INTJ is right. Although I wonder why an INTJ would be so vicious about milkshakes.
    I think at that point he had completely lost it and just went on a random stream-of-consciousness diatribe about his power as an oilman.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    To be fair, there wasn't any literal milkshake involved.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I Love this film!

Daniel Plainview: INTJ 8w7
    Eli Sunday: ESFJ 3w2
    HW: IXFP 9w1
    Henry: ISTP 9w8
    Last edited by Southern Kross; 11-02-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Yeah, I think Plainview seems pretty definite INTJ, one highlighting the negative aspects of that type (no, they aren't all like Plainview, but I've known some who are, and they tend to be the ones who most vehemently defend themselves and people like themselves as awesome or, though they don't explicitly say this, superior. In fact, I expect the first person to call Plainview something else will likely be a proud INTJ). Sunday might be an ESFJ, not that he's much better. I haven't seen the movie in a year or two (I do love this film though), so I'm not certain about Sunday. Plainview is total unhealthy INTJ, though.
    I don't see Daniel plainview as a very negative person like most people. IMO he progressively become more and more cynical as he become more greedy, that's what makes the movie so great. There is alot of greatness and drive in Daniel, he started out as a very generous person when he adopted the young boy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    great film has a bit too much dialogue for my taste but still worth it.
    Agreed, especially those first 15 minutes. Nobody could keep their mouth shut. It was beyond annoying.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I don't see Daniel plainview as a very negative person like most people. IMO he progressively become more and more cynical as he become more greedy, that's what makes the movie so great. There is alot of greatness and drive in Daniel, he started out as a very generous person when he adopted the young boy.
    Yeah. I always thought at the end, when he has that translated fallout with his son, he was really just trying to hurt him and get him out of his life forever. I think he really was supposed to sympathetic initially (hard worker, busted leg, small businessman, child rescuer), and then just becomes more and more evil as the movie goes on. By halfway through the movie, he is clearly a pretty terrible person and an obvious villain. Then again, so is Eli.

They both see what they want, go for it, and it slowly destroys them. Normally, success is not so destructive. Or is it?
    Likes Enygmatic liked this post