• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dexter

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My guesses:
Dexter: INTJ 5w6
Debra Morgan: ESTP 7w8
Angel Batista: ESFJ 2w1
Quinn: ENFJ 3w4
Masuka: ENTP 7w6
Laguerta: ENTJ 8w7

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Laguerta strikes me as a social climber to a fault. I would say 3w4. Debra is a bundle of nerves and I have her as a 6w7.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dexter: ISTJ 6w5. Focus on routine, doesn't trust his hunches, dependent on system of values to guide him (like an e-type 6).

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Laguerta strikes me as a social climber to a fault. I would say 3w4. Debra is a bundle of nerves and I have her as a 6w7.
I think you are right on both. Succinct and insightful explanations. :) Would you change something else?

Dexter: ISTJ 6w5. Focus on routine, doesn't trust his hunches, dependent on system of values to guide him (like an e-type 6).
I think you got it right on the Enneagram. At first I thought ''No way'', but I can definitely see the desire for security and support when he talks to his father. I still think he is INTJ though. He mostly focus on patterns of the serial killers and he is socially clueless. ISTJs know (and value) looking adequate. He had to learn the hard way (and yet still struggles sometimes).

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I have read some posts that Dexter could be an INFJ, owing to his adherence to a code passed on to him by Harry and also his frequent monologues about his fleeting humanity. I'm not altogether sold on that, though.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I just finished the 3rd season
Miguel: entj
Ramon: estp

Dexter appears istj 6w5 but I think that has a lot to do with the code Harry instilled into him.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dexter's type? Sociopath ISTJ I guess, he isn't anxious what about an 8w7 ENTJ, he is hard to type because I also see ISTP even INTJ in him. He also doesn't always go by the code and his feelings are primal...when they come out it's painful to watch.
Deb's - She doesn't strike me as an extrovert, and I think she is a feeler. When is she not crying or screaming?? CP 6w7 sounds good, but maybe unhealthy ISFP? She is afraid of intimacy because she doesn't want to be hurt so sleeping around may be easier for her. Notice how she pushes the nice ones away? It took her forever to get over that one guy...the retired FBI agent that was shot. She doesn't have really anyone in her life and only leans on her brother. He is the only one she trusts. She is not traditional, she works out like a freak to rid her stress. She swears like a sailor. Has horrible taste in men. Hell maybe a CP 6w7 INFP.

Angel Batista: ENFJ 2w3
Quinn: ESTP 7w8
Masuka: ENTP 7w6
Laguerta: ENTJ 3w4
Rita ISFJ 2w1 (sweet sweet Rita :/)

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just finished the 3rd season
Miguel: entj
Ramon: estp

Dexter appears istj 6w5 but I think that has a lot to do with the code Harry instilled into him.

I can't quite picture Dexter being driven with Si to make his choices. He's an IxTJ for sure. He's definitely an introvert. Uses logic and planning. Extremely organized to the point of OCD. But I don't see anything Sensory about him.

I agree with Miguel being ENTJ, he just knows how to manipulate the system rather too well (Te) and knew exactly how to get inside Dexter's head.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I can't quite picture Dexter being driven with Si to make his choices. He's an IxTJ for sure. He's definitely an introvert. Uses logic and planning. Extremely organized to almost being OCD. But I don't see anything Sensory about him.

I agree with Miguel being ENTJ, he just knows how to manipulate the system rather too well (Te) and knew exactly how to get inside Dexter's head.

I never said he was istj I said he appeared to be because of harry. The thing is he's a sociopath therefore not a complete person and probably doesn't fit neatly into a type. And if he did there's too much of the code to sift through to figure it out. He follows the code to survive, so we who get to hear his internal dialogue don't know. Because the code is so ingrained in him.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about Doaks? Angry ISTJ 8w9? How did he know there was something wrong with Dexter before anyone else? INTJ 8w9?

Eluded_One

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never said he was istj I said he appeared to be because of harry. The thing is he's a sociopath therefore not a complete person and probably doesn't fit neatly into a type. And if he did there's too much of the code to sift through to figure it out. He follows the code to survive, so we who get to hear his internal dialogue don't know. Because the code is so ingrained in him.

Do you mean his colleagues recognize him as some sort of ISTJ as part of his disguise/code to survive? I'm a bit confused. Don't mind me.

Eluded_One

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about Doaks? Angry ISTJ 8w9? How did he know there was something wrong with Dexter before anyone else? INTJ 8w9?

Doakes is my favorite character on the show. He's what I would refer to as Dexter's mirror on the side of the law. He holds strong convictions on what he believes in (has his own code), and makes no compromises about it. I would type him as INFJ. He's not afraid of what his gut feelings tell him and will even follow through with them, like the many crazy INFJ's I know.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Doakes is my favorite character on the show. He's what I would refer to as Dexter's mirror on the side of the law. He holds strong convictions on what he believes in (has his own code), and makes no compromises about it. I would type him as INFJ. He's not afraid of what his gut feelings tell him and will even follow through with them, like the many crazy INFJ's I know.

It's just hard to put Doaks in the NF realm lol, but I can see that. He wasn't crazy, he was the sane one! I bet it drives INFJs crazy when people think they are the ones who are insane.

Eluded_One

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's just hard to put Doaks in the NF realm lol, but I can see that. He wasn't crazy, he was the sane one! I bet it drives INFJs crazy when people think they are the ones who are insane.

It's the crazy one's that shape our world.

Besides, who wouldn't want a badass to be associated with their own type. I grow weary of being associated with the likes of Winnie the Pooh and Wesley Crusher.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's the crazy one's that shape our world.

Besides, who wouldn't want a badass to be associated with their own type. I get weary of being associated with the likes of Winnie the Pooh and Wesley Crusher.

I thought we were the boy Christoper Robin :D.