• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Steve Jobs

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Thinking about how he lost the computer mouse idea to ibm and the bad management he showed back then, when he was rather busy with walking barefeet thru the company and doing 'other things', I'd say far away from being entj.

Tho the stereotype of 'bad management unequals entj and more entp' is a bit dumb as well.

He feels entp at least

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I was always more of a Steve Woz fan.

Yea me too :) The wizard of Woz ! I even mentioned him in my bachelor thesis :D

Maybe we are all wrong and Steve leans more in the direction of estp. I mean they are often mistaken for entjs and are good marketeers whats true for Steve.

Jigen

MBTI Type
ISxJ
Definitely an NF. People under him were NTs.

Probably ENFP.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
as an ENTP, i feel no kinship what so ever

i can understand why people would put him there, tough

he certainly uses Ti ... and it seems pretty undirected (P)

its easy to label any innovator an N. but i don't think he's an N. read the new bio. the things he obsesses about: the nuances of the colours, the shapes around the edges of the monitors, the font. that's not big pictures and patterns, that's details and idiosyncracy. he's innovative but focused on the little things. things that, to my NT-mind, would belong under 'fluff'.

i think jobs is ISTP with negativistic features. that's certainly supported by the new bio.

also, remember. he was an extraordinary individual with a lot of neurosis and unhealthy tendencies. he's not gonna be perfectly covered by one of 16 neat boxes. (i think that's what has people confused and lead them into pegging him as ENTP).

given that jobs is notably more complex that any one MBTI type, the relevant question when typing him is NOT his competancies, what he accomplished, his values or even his interpersonal style (although that would support ISTP).

the relevant question is what cognitive functions he uses and in what order. based on such premises, i'd say ISTP, which'd also give him Ni (to be an innovator) and Se (to be succesful with the hipster iGadget crowd) as well as repressed Fe (to explain his total assholeness.

so ISTP.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought of the reality distortion field as well..... he was a very interesting mix of things. Surely ExTx , but not quite fitting any of the 4 types quite well enough.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
interesting that you should think so as the reality distortion field is very much akin to what the soldiers under Rommel's command reported experiencing. Rommel being ISTP by Keirsey's, mine and other people's judgment.

but even if that is so, i still think you are reading too much into type if you think that the capacity of warping people around you can't belong to certain types. mother theresa was ISFJ and she whipped her nuns into ascesis and subordinance. himmeler was an ISJ too and he swayed his men into mass genocide and torture

KDude

interesting that you should think so as the reality distortion field is very much akin to what the soldiers under Rommel's command reported experiencing. Rommel being ISTP by Keirsey's, mine and other people's judgment.

but even if that is so, i still think you are reading too much into type if you think that the capacity of warping people around you can't belong to certain types. mother theresa was ISFJ and she whipped her nuns into ascesis and subordinance. himmeler was an ISJ too and he swayed his men into mass genocide and torture

What I'm reading into type is his high proclivity/ability to affect people. I think it takes some forwardness with Fe to do as much.

As for warping, I think he was mostly an optimistic and ambitious Ni type, in the sense that he liked to point to a bright future all the time. And he didn't quite have the knack for producing ideas like an ENTP.. it's more like he could see a lot in little things already there, and build upon it. His first visit to Xerox was like this. When he was first introduced to the GUI, he just knew he could take it somewhere. And the other thing that makes it sort of Ni is his tunnel vision about it. He has stated that he regrets only latching on to the GUI concept. Xerox also showed him advanced networking technologies and object oriented programming. He brushed them off, and focused on one thing. It wasn't until he was kicked out of Apple that he formed NeXT and revisited the networking and object oriented languages again.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTP 7w8 So/Sp, of course.

Mohammedini

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
After reading his biography I have to say that Steve's a unhealthy ENFP, without a doubt.
His whole management style was the very definition of Ne-Te loop.
Reality distortion field is the classic Ne-Fi ability to motivate and inspire.
The way he labeled IBM "evil"...

His soul searching trip to India and constant searching for mentors that would validate him sounds like unhealthy Fi.

I think his products reflected he's Fi ideals pretty well.
Like the NEXT compute was so expensive cus it had so much unnecessary shit just because Steve was obsessed with aesthetic perfection and making the inside as "pretty" as the outside.
Sounds like Fi to me.