• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Steve Jobs

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No one else sees clear inferior Fe? He's overly critical about everyone's intentions in an inferior Fe way. He is charismatic (reality-distortion watchamacallit) in an Ni-Se way. He's ideas in his grad-speech were also very Ni-centric. He also never invented(Ne) anything himself.

ISTP.

Watch the entire interactions between them.

Brian2626

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He was an XNTP 3W4 Sx-Sp, the type 3 with a 4 wing is why we keep calling him an Fi user, but he was very week Fe, Gates is an XNTJ actual Fi user and his products reflect it. My father is an ISTP and I can't picture an ISTP using the word magical, or subscribing to zen teachings.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He was an XNTP 3W4 Sx-Sp, the type 3 with a 4 wing is why we keep calling him an Fi user, but he was very week Fe, Gates is an XNTJ actual Fi user and his products reflect it. My father is an ISTP and I can't picture an ISTP using the word magical, or subscribing to zen teachings.

The mystical, like those zen stuff or those magical stuff, is not related to Ne. It is related to Ni. An ISTP has tertiary Ni. Since it is clear, at least to me, that Jobs has inferior Fe, only one type applies. ISTP. It is also not rare for people to have extensive use of their tertiary function. You hear these a lot across all types..from TiSi...NeFe...NiTi...NeTe...FiNi... etc.

---
I can't figure out Gates. He seems introverted and a true intuitive...not a Te-type so not an INTJ nor an INFP...so either INFJ or INTP.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
its easy to label any innovator an N. but i don't think he's an N.

no self respecting N would create anything as idiotic, simple minded and limited as apple computers/iphone, except maybe an ENTJ. i agree that people label him as ENTP easily since his public image represents the stereotypical ENTP inventor/innovator/whatever thing, but that doesent make him an ENTP. linux is more NTP thing

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no self respecting N would create anything as idiotic, simple minded and limited as apple computers/iphone
There are a lot of non self-respecting Ns... and the apple computers/iphone thought is a financial success. Isn't that what most businesses are about these days?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
There are a lot of non self-respecting Ns... and the apple computers/iphone thought is a financial success. Isn't that what most businesses are about these days?

i didnt say it wasnt an financial success, thats why i made an exception with ENTJ, they care more about profit than making good products. most of the people are retard, so making a computer(or fancy phones) for retards is naturally a financial success.

NTP would invent a good product, NTJ would invent a way to make the most money from an idea. not saying that jobs was an NTJ, he could just aswell be an STP.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Those who confuse Steve Jobs to be an 'ENTJ' can look at Tim Cook, who, by the way, is an ENTJ and notice the differences. (EDIT: Except for some answers, there seems to be a consensus that Steve Jobs' MBTI was either INTP or ENFP or ENTP.
Google Search: Steve+Jobs+mbti

VagrantFarce

Based purely on the Michael Fassbender movie (the one Woz praised as being closest in comparison to the real guy), I'd say a deeply egotistical E/INTJ.

• He's certainly an Extroverted Sensor - he had a strong sense of style and presence, and knew how to captivate attention. However, the trendy diets he would take, and his poor hygiene when he was younger, point to Tertiary/Inferior Se. Certainly an Introverted Intuitive - he'd rather follow his own personal vision then bow to any other possibilities.

• Introverted Feeling / Extroverted Thinking, for sure - but he skirted responsibility he had no interest in taking on, and would desperately rationalise it away when confronted. He was deeply selfish and only chose to engage people in order to tear them down, treating them either as walls in a corridor, or nails to bash in with a hammer. Very, very mean - had no interest in the people around him liking him. Points to Tertiary/Inferior Fi.

• Then it's just a case of choosing whether he was an Extrovert or Introvert. I'm inclined to say Introvert, but it could go either way.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
ENFJ with strong ISTP shadow. He always struck me more as a cultist or sales person than a very deep or practical thinker.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No one else sees clear inferior Fe? He's overly critical about everyone's intentions in an inferior Fe way. He is charismatic (reality-distortion watchamacallit) in an Ni-Se way. He's ideas in his grad-speech were also very Ni-centric. He also never invented(Ne) anything himself.

ISTP.

Watch the entire interactions between them.

This makes the most sense of any theory. sx/sp e56 istp?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my vibe has always been enfj 3w4 sx/so.

my favorite steve jobs line was "keeper and protector of the vision." seems to be experience-driven, marketing/genius, brand-connecting first and foremost.

i don't see an e5. we tend to get lost in the details and aren't as good at that through-line, at that quality of focus for impact. apple has been so successful at creating a feel for people and an identity around their work. istp focus is more based on expedience. apple constantly tries to be revolutionary, ratcheting up scale of the idea rather than sheer production/sales. to me, there seems to be a different focus on legacy there.