ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Steve leans more in the direction of estp
    he's N, not S definitely

MBTI
    ERTP

as an ENTP, i feel no kinship what so ever

i can understand why people would put him there, tough

he certainly uses Ti ... and it seems pretty undirected (P)

its easy to label any innovator an N. but i don't think he's an N. read the new bio. the things he obsesses about: the nuances of the colours, the shapes around the edges of the monitors, the font. that's not big pictures and patterns, that's details and idiosyncracy. he's innovative but focused on the little things. things that, to my NT-mind, would belong under 'fluff'.

i think jobs is ISTP with negativistic features. that's certainly supported by the new bio.

also, remember. he was an extraordinary individual with a lot of neurosis and unhealthy tendencies. he's not gonna be perfectly covered by one of 16 neat boxes. (i think that's what has people confused and lead them into pegging him as ENTP).

given that jobs is notably more complex that any one MBTI type, the relevant question when typing him is NOT his competancies, what he accomplished, his values or even his interpersonal style (although that would support ISTP).

the relevant question is what cognitive functions he uses and in what order. based on such premises, i'd say ISTP, which'd also give him Ni (to be an innovator) and Se (to be succesful with the hipster iGadget crowd) as well as repressed Fe (to explain his total assholeness.

so ISTP.
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

No ISTP could ever create a Reality Distortion Field. ENFJ. Maybe ENTJ. Something close to opposite.

Tier 1 Member Array LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I thought of the reality distortion field as well..... he was a very interesting mix of things. Surely ExTx , but not quite fitting any of the 4 types quite well enough.

MBTI
    ERTP

interesting that you should think so as the reality distortion field is very much akin to what the soldiers under Rommel's command reported experiencing. Rommel being ISTP by Keirsey's, mine and other people's judgment.

but even if that is so, i still think you are reading too much into type if you think that the capacity of warping people around you can't belong to certain types. mother theresa was ISFJ and she whipped her nuns into ascesis and subordinance. himmeler was an ISJ too and he swayed his men into mass genocide and torture
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    interesting that you should think so as the reality distortion field is very much akin to what the soldiers under Rommel's command reported experiencing. Rommel being ISTP by Keirsey's, mine and other people's judgment.

but even if that is so, i still think you are reading too much into type if you think that the capacity of warping people around you can't belong to certain types. mother theresa was ISFJ and she whipped her nuns into ascesis and subordinance. himmeler was an ISJ too and he swayed his men into mass genocide and torture
    What I'm reading into type is his high proclivity/ability to affect people. I think it takes some forwardness with Fe to do as much.

As for warping, I think he was mostly an optimistic and ambitious Ni type, in the sense that he liked to point to a bright future all the time. And he didn't quite have the knack for producing ideas like an ENTP.. it's more like he could see a lot in little things already there, and build upon it. His first visit to Xerox was like this. When he was first introduced to the GUI, he just knew he could take it somewhere. And the other thing that makes it sort of Ni is his tunnel vision about it. He has stated that he regrets only latching on to the GUI concept. Xerox also showed him advanced networking technologies and object oriented programming. He brushed them off, and focused on one thing. It wasn't until he was kicked out of Apple that he formed NeXT and revisited the networking and object oriented languages again.

Whisky Old & Women Young Array Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ISTP 7w8 So/Sp, of course.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Junior Member Array Mohammedini's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

After reading his biography I have to say that Steve's a unhealthy ENFP, without a doubt.
    His whole management style was the very definition of Ne-Te loop.
    Reality distortion field is the classic Ne-Fi ability to motivate and inspire.
    The way he labeled IBM "evil"...

His soul searching trip to India and constant searching for mentors that would validate him sounds like unhealthy Fi.

I think his products reflected he's Fi ideals pretty well.
    Like the NEXT compute was so expensive cus it had so much unnecessary shit just because Steve was obsessed with aesthetic perfection and making the inside as "pretty" as the outside.
    Sounds like Fi to me.

Junior Member Array Mohammedini's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Steve Jobs wrote it this commercial.