• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bridesmaids

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Annie: ENFP 6w7 So/Sx
Lilian: ESFJ 2w3 So/Sx
Helen: ENFJ 3w2 So/Sx
Megan: ENFP 8w7 Sx/Sp
Annie's mom: ENFJ 4w3 So/Sx
Rita: ISTP 7w8 Sx/Sp
Nathan: ESFJ 9w8 Sp/Sx

Edit:
Annie's lover from the first seen: ISTP 3w4 Sx/Sp

Last edited:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Annie: ENTP (Though maybe ENFP...I think the actress is ENTP, though.)
Lilian: ESFJ
Helen: ESFJ (She seemed very stereotypical.)
Megan: ESTP (How did you get that she was an F, much less an NF? She seemed like a straight-up ESTP.)
Annie's mom: I don't know.
Rita: ESTJ
Nathan: I don't know. ISTJ?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Megan: ESTP (How did you get that she was an F, much less an NF? She seemed like a straight-up ESTP.)

That's what I would have thought too.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Annie: ENTP (Though maybe ENFP...I think the actress is ENTP, though.)
Helen: ESFJ (She seemed very stereotypical.)
Annie's mom: I don't know.
Nathan: I don't know. ISTJ?

she doesn't look F because she is 8w7 or 7w8. ENFPs are also the least noticeably NF and can look like SPs or NTs a lot of the time
however, looking back I didn't really see any clear cognitive functions, so I could see her as any EXXP type

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
she doesn't look F because she is 8w7 or 7w8. ENFPs are also the least noticeably NF and can look like SPs or NTs a lot of the time
however, looking back I didn't really see any clear cognitive functions, so I could see her as any EXXP type

I really don't see her as an NF type, sorry. Her concerns are remarkably different. She's very much focused on concrete concerns, not abstracted ones; and in case it's one of the items being considered, the fact that she can offer Annie some insight into her life doesn't mean she has to be an NF.

Nicodemus

This is a misogynistic film, and it tried to infect me.

Only Megan and the nymphomaniac one were likeable.

Nicodemus

That is was stupid but also funny. I knew that men are pigs beforehand.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is was stupid but also funny. I knew that men are pigs beforehand.

I laughed at some of it; but I thought Bridesmaids was far funnier, consistently.
I could identify and discern the interplay that was going on and the expectations driving them.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This is a misogynistic film, and it tried to infect me.

It was written by a woman. I didn't get a vibe that it thinks women are or should be considered less than men. Granted, I could be forgetting something. I think I saw it back in May.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, I'm pretty hypersensitive to misogyny/latent sexism in films/tv shows, and I didn't pick up on anything wrong with this film. I was actually pleasantly surprised.

It passes the Bechdel test with flying colors! And the relationships between the women didn't descend into stereotypes (i.e., fighting over men), which I greatly appreciated.

Nicodemus

Oh, you literal-minded people. It portrays some ridiculously superficial women doing stupid things as if that were how women are and what women do in the US when one of them is about to get married. Yes, I got that it is a comedy.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to admit, it's even more uncomfortable for me to watch women get in Apatow style situations. Which, of course, makes it even funnier.

A

Anew Leaf

I though Annie was ISFP.
Nathan seemed very ISFJ.
Helen was ESFJ

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Oh, you literal-minded people. It portrays some ridiculously superficial women doing stupid things as if that were how women are and what women do in the US when one of them is about to get married. Yes, I got that it is a comedy.

Just how does any of that equal misogyny? You say it like it's self-evident. Enlighten us with your abstract thinking.

Nicodemus

Just how does any of that equal misogyny? You say it like it's self-evident. Enlighten us with your abstract thinking.
It is not misogynistic because it is a comedy, but the portrayal could be seen as resulting from a mindset that does see women as being the way they are portrayed in the film. My whole post was not to be taken literally but as a way so say something like: Wow, what a bunch of ridiculously superficial women, seemingly representing women in the US.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
It is not misogynistic because it is a comedy, but the portrayal could be seen as resulting from a mindset that does see women as being the way they are portrayed in the film. My whole post was not to be taken literally but as a way so say something like: Wow, what a bunch of ridiculously superficial women, seemingly representing women in the US.

So what you're saying is - correct me if I'm wrong - that you didn't find the characters to be favorably portrayed, therefore it's not doing US women any favors, therefore it's a misogynistic film?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I though Annie was ISFP.
Nathan seemed very ISFJ.
Helen was ESFJ

Totally agree. I absolutely saw her as very ISFP.

Helen: ENFJ
Megan: EST fo sho. "Literally"
Annie's mom: INFJ (prob e4.. artistic streak and going to AA without ever having a drink lol)
Nathan: ISFJ (prob e6 defense mechanism was projection)

I never considered this film to be misogynistic. The idea was to create charactors and obstacles that many women can relate to, exaggerated into comedy. Sure it could be seen as silly, but this isn't because of the female element. This is because the workings of human nature are often silly, being fixated on petty dealings, jealousy, vengence, and competition.

Nicodemus

So what you're saying is - correct me if I'm wrong - that you didn't find the characters to be favorably portrayed, therefore it's not doing US women any favors, therefore it's a misogynistic film?
The films satirizes the whole nonsense and tohubohu that seems to be part of getting married in the US. In the process of so doing, the characters are portrayed as what I consider to be clowns. Of course that it part of the satire, but because that level of fuss is strange to me, perhaps stranger than to people who are familiar with such marriages, I perceived their portrayal as even more demeaning as others may do. Maybe women are like that. Maybe the filmmakers despise them for it. Anyway, since it shows women in a way that I was not previously acquainted with, the film had the potential of giving women a bad name. In the latter sense it could be considered misogynistic.