Thread: Bridesmaids

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The films satirizes the whole nonsense and tohubohu that seems to be part of getting married in the US. In the process of so doing, the characters are portrayed as what I consider to be clowns. Of course that it part of the satire, but because that level of fuss is strange to me, perhaps stranger than to people who are familiar with such marriages, I perceived their portrayal as even more demeaning as others may do. Maybe women are like that. Maybe the filmmakers despise them for it. Anyway, since it shows women in a way that I was not previously acquainted with, the film had the potential of giving women a bad name. In the latter sense it could be considered misogynistic.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

The films satirizes the whole nonsense and tohubohu that seems to be part of getting married in the US. In the process of so doing, the characters are portrayed as what I consider to be clowns. Of course that it part of the satire, but because that level of fuss is strange to me, perhaps stranger than to people who are familiar with such marriages, I perceived their portrayal as even more demeaning as others may do. Maybe women are like that. Maybe the filmmakers despise them for it. Anyway, since it shows women in a way that I was not previously acquainted with, the film had the potential of giving women a bad name. In the latter sense it could be considered misogynistic.
    why is it politically correct to say everything is misogynistic these days? I'm sure there is much more stuff in the media demeaning men these days than women
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    why is it politically correct to say everything is misogynistic these days? I'm sure there is much more stuff in the media demeaning men these days than women
    Because it is payback time.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Because it is payback time.
    I am aware you're joking, but i feel compelled to respond anyway
    every religious fundamentalist group in the middle east would say the same thing. truth is, you're paying back the wrong people. it's the previous generations that treated women poorly and oppressed their rights, not generation X, Y or Z
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Annie - INFP (definitely an introvert she is a bit awkward around people and generally pretty quiet and keeps to herself. When she has that meltdown at Lilian's engagement party and fell out with the cop, she hid herself away for days and didn't talk to anyone. That is very Fi-Dom being overwhelmed and consumed by their feelings and needing to hide away and be alone to deal with them)

Lilian - ENFJ?

Helen - ESFJ

Megan - ESTP

Becca - xSFJ

Rita - ESTJ (thought maybe ESTP but she seems to have a strong Te of being quite direct and blunt)

Nathan - ???? I have no idea! He seems to fit all of them! Can't tell if he is an S or an N at all. Initial response was N but everyone else seems to think he is an ISTP or something. He seems quite F to me too. He is concerned with his and other people's feelings. Also the fact Annie's tail light on her car is always broken and when she littered on the ground and it annoyed him signifies more of a J type to me. With the relationship between them he is quite concerned with knowing where it is going which also seems more J. Although other times he seems more chilled and laid back so can't tell. Could see him as an ENFJ actually. The Fe seems pretty strong when he constantly pushes Annie to get back into baking cos he wants to help her get back on her feet and feel happy again. Others say ISTP which is the complete opposite so have no idea.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Santosha View Post
    Totally agree. I absolutely saw her as very ISFP.
    Why exactly? I feel she is more of an INFP because I can see more Ne in her than Se. She has lots of ideas she likes to bounce off people like for the bridal shower and the bachelorette party. She seems to rely more on hunches or general impressions of people which is more N than what actually literally happened like with Helen. Although in the beginning Helen never actually does anything specific ly mean to her, she immediately has this hunch about her character that she clings to.

Annie's past also affects her a lot I think which signifies Si in INFP's cognitive stack. She can't seem to let the failure of her bakery and past relationships go. She tries to push them out of her mind, but you can tell these events have affected her a lot.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    649 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I'm don't know about Annie but I think Helen was an ESFJ and Megan was an ESTP (which is a given)
    "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains"
    -Rosa Luxemburg

Fuck Bridesmaids and FUCK Paul Feig!!! That son of a cunt ruined Ghostbusters.