• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Letters To Juliet

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Sophie - infj or infp
Charlie - istj ?
Claire - enfj ?
Victor - estp?

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Sophie - INFP
Charlie - IxTJ leaning towards ISTJ

It's weird they often pair together ISTJs and INFPs in films but I swear that is so unrealistic as we aren't that compatible in real life

indigo_skies

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
9w1
Sophie - INFP
Charlie - IxTJ leaning towards ISTJ

It's weird they often pair together ISTJs and INFPs in films but I swear that is so unrealistic as we aren't that compatible in real life

I disagree, INFP with ISTJ seems like a fairly common, satisfying match. Both share all the same functions, it's just the order that is different. INFJs, on the other hand, are far less likely to be in relationships with ISTJs. In fact, of the ISTX types paired with INFX types, I'd say it goes like this:

INFP with ISTJ
INFJ with ISTP

^ Both of those matches tend to work fairly well, from what I know.

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I disagree, INFP with ISTJ seems like a fairly common, satisfying match. Both share all the same functions, it's just the order that is different. INFJs, on the other hand, are far less likely to be in relationships with ISTJs. In fact, of the ISTX types paired with INFX types, I'd say it goes like this:

INFP with ISTJ
INFJ with ISTP

^ Both of those matches tend to work fairly well, from what I know.

I'm just speaking from my experience with ISTJs - I've always found them to be too controlling for INFPs who like to dream and be creative. I can get on with them okay but couldn't see myself in a romantic relationship with one. In socionics, ISTJ and INFP are called 'Activity Partners' and reading through, it sums up my experience with ISTJs pretty well. We can communicate really well (except on anything emotional) but get tired of each other and don't find that emotional connection with one another.

I don't have much experience of ISTPs but I know ISTP-INFP relationship is one of 'Super-Ego' where we have warm feelings towards each other and see the other as a sort of distant and mysterious ideal. Same with ISTJ-INFJ. Some INFPs have had successful relationships with ISTPs and personally I think I would get on better with them but neither of these mbti types are my first choice at all for a partner. A much more natural partner for the INFP would be the ENTJ or ENFJ or possibly ESFJ or ENTP.

You might have had a different experience, but in my opinion I just find it weird that almost every movie/tv show I've watched 'Activity partners' are paired together when there are way more realistic matches for the person.