Claire - enfj ?
    Victor - estp?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Sophie - INFP
    Charlie - IxTJ leaning towards ISTJ

It's weird they often pair together ISTJs and INFPs in films but I swear that is so unrealistic as we aren't that compatible in real life

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by RosieJones View Post
    Sophie - INFP
    Charlie - IxTJ leaning towards ISTJ

It's weird they often pair together ISTJs and INFPs in films but I swear that is so unrealistic as we aren't that compatible in real life
    I disagree, INFP with ISTJ seems like a fairly common, satisfying match. Both share all the same functions, it's just the order that is different. INFJs, on the other hand, are far less likely to be in relationships with ISTJs. In fact, of the ISTX types paired with INFX types, I'd say it goes like this:

INFP with ISTJ
    INFJ with ISTP

^ Both of those matches tend to work fairly well, from what I know.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by indigo_skies View Post
    I disagree, INFP with ISTJ seems like a fairly common, satisfying match. Both share all the same functions, it's just the order that is different. INFJs, on the other hand, are far less likely to be in relationships with ISTJs. In fact, of the ISTX types paired with INFX types, I'd say it goes like this:

INFP with ISTJ
    INFJ with ISTP

^ Both of those matches tend to work fairly well, from what I know.
    I'm just speaking from my experience with ISTJs - I've always found them to be too controlling for INFPs who like to dream and be creative. I can get on with them okay but couldn't see myself in a romantic relationship with one. In socionics, ISTJ and INFP are called 'Activity Partners' and reading through, it sums up my experience with ISTJs pretty well. We can communicate really well (except on anything emotional) but get tired of each other and don't find that emotional connection with one another.

I don't have much experience of ISTPs but I know ISTP-INFP relationship is one of 'Super-Ego' where we have warm feelings towards each other and see the other as a sort of distant and mysterious ideal. Same with ISTJ-INFJ. Some INFPs have had successful relationships with ISTPs and personally I think I would get on better with them but neither of these mbti types are my first choice at all for a partner. A much more natural partner for the INFP would be the ENTJ or ENFJ or possibly ESFJ or ENTP.

You might have had a different experience, but in my opinion I just find it weird that almost every movie/tv show I've watched 'Activity partners' are paired together when there are way more realistic matches for the person.