• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types of your favorite artists

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

"Cares about humanity in the abstract, but is alienated by actual people: "You want to communicate with people, you want to connect with everybody... [But] people suck. That's my contention."

That's my life.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
What type does errbody think immortal technique is?
ISTP? Enneagram 8w7?

Johnny Depp - INFP 4w5 sx/sp

There is no INFP as cool as Johnny Depp.

your repertoire is impressive, but Lil Wayne is 100% Ne. INTP 7w8 Sp/Sx (it's a rather exotic combinations, but if you watch any of his interviews, you'll see what I mean)

Dumbest thing I've heard this week. :nice:

Last edited:

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know anything about him outside of his art - that's why I couldn't type him beyond the Ni/Se I recognized in his music and lyrics. I just recently got into the Swans, and I love it. The Seer is probably one of the rawest, most visceral and Dionysian music I've ever heard - it's exhausting to listen to, but in a good way.
I know what you mean. The first time I heard The Seer I was blown away. On second listen it was my favorite album of all time, and still is to this day.
It's like the aural equivalent of Cthulhu - A gargantuan, ancient beast loosening the grip on your sanity. :D

Early Swans records like Filth and Cop are more "raw" in the sense that they're more abrasive and favoring punitive percussion and primal screams and grunts over composition and melody. If you wanna go deeper in their discography I'd suggest listening to Filth, Children of God and White Light from the Mouth of Infinity. They're often considered the greatest records from their respective stylistic eras (No Wave Swans, Gothic/Industrial Swans and Gothic/Neo Folk/melodic Swans).

If you want something like The Seer, listen to My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky or To Be Kind. The former is like a rough draft for The Seer, while To Be Kind is a natural progression of that sound.

I prefer To Be Kind, myself. :)

There is no INFP as cool as Johnny Depp.

ec5dy0t.png

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
"Cares about humanity in the abstract, but is alienated by actual people: "You want to communicate with people, you want to connect with everybody... [But] people suck. That's my contention."

That's my life.

Same. Who you're talking about btw ? Hicks ?

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Billy Corgan - INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
Morrissey - INFJ 4w3 so/sp
Johnny Marr - 6w7? 7w8? 9w1?
Fyodor Dostoevsky - INFJ 4w5 sp/so
Jonny Greenwood - INxx 5w4 sp/sx (?)
Joakim Berg: INFx 3w4 or 4w3 sx/sp or so/sx
Rivers Cuomo - INTP 5w6 sx/sp

Feel free to correct me.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Feel free to correct me.

Nice list & pretty accurate to me. Lot's of Ni there ;)

Mine:
Bill Hicks : ENxP
Dave Mustaine : ENTP
George Carlin : ENxP
Carl Sagan : INFJ (more a scientist than artist but still: he wrote books, made videos.)

All Americans when I come to think about it and I'm European. 3 of them death and one of them half death :D

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Penn Jillette - ENTP 7w8 so/sp

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Beethoven INTP
Schubert INFP
Schumann INxJ
Mozart ESTP
Wagner ENTP
Dvorak INFJ
Richard Strauss ISFP

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For me it's;
Amy Lee- INFP
Marina and the Diamonds- ENFP
Lana Del Rey- ISFP
Idina Menzel- ESFJ?

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Amy Winehouse - ESTP 7w8-4w3-(8w7?) sx/sp
Danielle Dax - ENFJ (4w3?)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Beethoven: INTP 4w5 sx/sp
Schubert: INFP 6w7? sx/so
Wagner: ENTP 7w8 sp/so
Dvorak: INFJ 4w5 sx/so
R. Strauss: INTx 5w4 sx/sp

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bach : INTJ
Kubrick: INTJ
Paul Thomas Anderson: INTJ (He reminds me of Kubrick, so by the transitive property...)
Aronofsky: INTJ (Made the scientist who cares nothing for the "natural order" the hero? Awesome. )
Wes Anderson: ENTP (people are going to fit me on this. I see him as an older Max from Rushmore, though.)
Michel Gondry: ENTP
David Lynch: INFP (He's a surrealist for film)
Salvador Dali: (dunno, really.... anyone? )
Coen Brothers : NTs of some sort. Possibly INTPs.
Frank Zappa: IxTP
Kurt Vonnegut: INFJ
Bob Dylan: ISFP (my favorite stuff of his is basically surrealism applied to songwriting).

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Beethoven: INTP 4w5 sx/sp
Schubert: INFP 6w7? sx/so
Wagner: ENTP 7w8 sp/so
Dvorak: INFJ 4w5 sx/so
R. Strauss: INTx 5w4 sx/sp

That's actually the best approach on their types I've seen yet. I'm not sure about Beethoven, though.

My favs:
Hans Zimmer - ENFP 9w1 sx or so
Marilyn Manson - INFJ 4w5 sx/sp
Lykke Li - INFJ 4w5 sx/so
Mozart - ESFP 7w6 sx/so
Tchaikovsky - INFP 4w5 sx/sp

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
That's actually the best approach on their types I've seen yet. I'm not sure about Beethoven, though.

Beethoven I justify e4 from his independence and concern with identity, but his withdrawn and intellectual nature suggests a 5 wing. The way he constructed music - taking one or two small phrases and creating a number of variations on them - is very Ne. Wagner (a Ne dom) takes this to extremes and abandons periodicity altogether.

Ni composers, especially if they also use Te, tend to have more themes and devalop them less extensively due to a desire to have micro-structures within the music. J.S. Bach is probably the best example.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Beethoven I justify e4 from his independence and concern with identity, but his withdrawn and intellectual nature suggests a 5 wing. The way he constructed music - taking one or two small phrases and creating a number of variations on them - is very Ne. Wagner (a Ne dom) takes this to extremes and abandons periodicity altogether.

Ni composers, especially if they also use Te, tend to have more themes and devalop them less extensively due to a desire to have micro-structures within the music. J.S. Bach is probably the best example.
Sounds reasonable.
I believe Bach was actually a Te dom. The way he wrote his music is very systematic, just how I imagine a Te dom to write like. Have a look at his famous Toccata and Fugue on piano roll. He was also a bully at school, lol.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
[MENTION=16320]Stephano[/MENTION] Interesting.

I actually think the stereotypical artist (I'm using that word generally) would be an INFP, not an ISFP. Fi-Ne-Si is an ideal combination of functions for pretty much any form of creative art, whether music, painting, poetry...

It also probably explains why almost all the more emo (e4) INTPs have that tendency as well; they share three functions.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rene Crevel - INFx 4w5 sx
Lana Del Rey - ISFP 4w3. I need to watch more interviews to figure out her stacking.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Rene Crevel - INFx 4w5 sx
Lana Del Rey - ISFP 4w3. I need to watch more interviews to figure out her stacking.

I think she's most definitely an sx dom. Her music is highly centered around connection either with a significant other or intense experience, as well as her self described immersion in being a musician, nothing else. The question I have is if she's sx/so or sx/sp. I also thought sexual 9w1 was possible bc of her focus on escape and merging to ideal holy love.

renaiziphonts

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
9W1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Gregory Alan Isacov has to be an INFP
David Lamb, of brown bird, was probably and ESTP