• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types of your favorite artists

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
All kinds of artists!

ceratinly there's been a thread like this before... but there should be two of them.. or three.

Person [/] MBTI [/] enneagram

Frank Zappa ISTP 7
Thomas Pynchon INFP 5
Bob Dylan ISFP 4
Avey Tare ENFP 4
Erik Satie INTP 5
Madlib INFP 4
Dostoevsky INFJ 1
Voltaire ISTP 7
Busta Rhymes ESTP 7
RZA ENTJ 8

deleted
I agree about Bob Dylan ISFP.

As for my favorite artists, INFx sounds ok for John T. Williams and Tchaikovsky--I can't quite tell whether they're Ni or Fi just yet.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All kinds of artists!

ceratinly there's been a thread like this before... but there should be two of them.. or three.

Person [/] MBTI [/] enneagram

Frank Zappa ISTP 7
Thomas Pynchon INFP 5
Bob Dylan ISFP 4
Avey Tare ENFP 4
Erik Satie INTP 5
Madlib INFP 4
Dostoevsky INFJ 1
Voltaire ISTP 7
Busta Rhymes ESTP 7
RZA ENTJ 8

Satie and Dylan :wubbie:
Tchaikovsky-oh yes
How about Van Gogh...INFP?

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Satie and Dylan :wubbie:
Tchaikovsky-oh yes
How about Van Gogh...INFP?

I don't know much about Van Gogh, other than that he was very shy & sensitive & tended to paint realistic subject matter. I think he could be any IF, even ISFJ. But I don't know much about him.. help!!

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know much about Van Gogh, other than that he was very shy & sensitive & tended to paint realistic subject matter. I think he could be any IF, even ISFJ. But I don't know much about him.. help!!

Yes....... reassessing i think ISFP may fit best, but i really liked the idea of him being INFP. I think i got INFP from watching programs, the idea that he was a visionary ahead of his time appeals to me a great deal.
looking at what info is available online (letter archives online biog's etc) he seems much more ISFP.

A couple of his quotes on emotions though.....

Let's not forget that the little emotions are the great captains of our lives and we obey them without realizing it. ~Vincent Van Gogh, 1889

But are not this struggle and even the mistakes one may make better, and do they not develop us more, than if we kept systematically away from emotions? ~Vincent Van Gogh

Definately high of the F then.

I wonder about another favourite of mine too -Dali .... ISFP or even ISTP?.... He was quite freakish and i dont recall any info on him being feelery.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
So nobody else here has favorite artists? Da fuck is this place? :dry:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
opera singers:
Joan Sutherland: ISFJ 1w9 Sx/So
Maria Callas: INFJ 4w3 Sx/Sp
Leontyne Price: ESTJ 8w9 So/Sp
Sherrill Milnes: ENFJ 3w2 Sx/So
Jessye Norman: INFP 8w9 So/Sx

rappers:
Tech N9ne: ENFJ 8w9 So/Sx
Nelly: ESFP 3w2 So/Sx
Chamillionaire: ENFP 3w4 Sp/Sx
Chalie Boy: ENFP 7w8 So/Sx
Ludacris: ESFP 7w8 So/Sx

other:
Enya: INFP 9w1 Sp/Sx
Frank Sinatra: ESTP 8w7 Sx/So
Bing Crosby: ISFP 9w8 Sx/Sp
Amy Lee: INFP 6w7 or 4w5 Sp/Sx
Whitney Houston: ENFJ 3w4 Sx/So
Robert Goulet: ENFP 8w7 Sp/Sx
Madonna: ESTP 3w4 Sx/So

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Busta Rhymes - ESTP 7
Tupac - ENFP 8
Madlib - INFP 4
RZA - ENTJ 8
Lil Wayne - ESFP 7
GZA - ISTP 6
Ol Dirty Bastard - ESFP 7
MF DOOM - INTP 5
El-P - ISTP 5
TI - ESTP 7

your repertoire is impressive, but Lil Wayne is 100% Ne. INTP 7w8 Sp/Sx (it's a rather exotic combinations, but if you watch any of his interviews, you'll see what I mean)

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
your repertoire is impressive, but Lil Wayne is 100% Ne. INTP 7w8 Sp/Sx (it's a rather exotic combinations, but if you watch any of his interviews, you'll see what I mean)

lol, no way. he seems intuitive because he makes unusual things happen with words, using them in a carefree mechanical way.. he puts words together in a materialistic manner-- & he's incredibly materialistic, in lyrical content, only caring about what's happening in the present moment (Ne is very 'elsewhere' temporally, i find). & he's extremely extroverted.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhdADH9W-0I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhdADH9W-0I[/YOUTUBE]

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol, no way. he seems intuitive because he makes unusual things happen with words, using them in a carefree mechanical way.. he puts words together in a materialistic manner-- & he's incredibly materialistic, in lyrical content, only caring about what's happening in the present moment (Ne is very 'elsewhere' temporally, i find). & he's extremely extroverted.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhdADH9W-0I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhdADH9W-0I[/YOUTUBE]

materialistic =/= Sensor
materialistic = 7w8 :cool:

Komakino

Anyone interested in typing Edward Hopper for me?
His art has always intrigued me...in both a positive and negative way. Take note of the eery loneliness.
From the two Edward Hopper paintings I've seen, I'd guess INFP. Failing that, INTP?

Also, I'm not terribly familiar with Lil Wayne, but I'd be pretty surprised if he wasn't ES_P.

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five
Frank Sinatra was INTJ.

An usual type for a singer ... but he did things his way.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Frank Sinatra was INTJ.

An usual type for a singer ... but he did things his way.

...wha?
I could see ENTJ (my second guess right after ESTP) but what makes you think he's an introvert?

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five
He's been typed before, and on MBTIs, Sinatra is usually typed as INTJ. He was an intensely private person. It's said he had deep, dark depressive spells as well, contributing to his introversion.

Incidently ... Johnny Carson was ISTJ. The Carson you saw on TV: that was an act, a personality he created for the show. He, himself, was a very private person.

I did theatre and took voice lessons in high school. The "stage persona" you see doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the performer. Family members told me I seemed like a completely different person on stage. (One whom some of them liked better than the moody, real-life version of me.)

I suppose all of these are just best guesses anyway. Your milage may vary, of course.