User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 101

  1. #51
    metamorphosing Flâneuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    996

    Default

    authors/poets/playwrights:
    Ian McEwan - INFJ 5w4 sp/so
    Franz Kafka - INFJ 5w4-4w5-1w9 sx/sp
    Kate Chopin - INFP 4w5
    Virginia Woolf - INFJ 4w5 so/sp
    Ursula Hegi - INFJ, certainly INFx at least
    William Shakespeare - INfP 4w5 (heavy wing)
    George Orwell - INTJ? 6w5
    Aldous Huxley - INTJ 5w6? 6w5?
    Graham Greene - not sure. I've seen him typed as INFJ
    Tony Kushner - INFJ
    Sylvia Plath - INFJ 4w5 sx/sp
    Octavio Solis - NF, probably 4w5

    comedians:
    Bill Hicks - ENTP cp6w5 sx/so
    George Carlin - ENTP cp6 or 8w7, probably so/sp
    Russell Brand - ENFP 7w8?-4w3-8 sx/so

    filmmakers and screenwriters:
    Alan Ball - INfJ 5w4. INtP is possible too.
    Joss Whedon - ENFP 6w7
    Francis Ford Coppola - ENTP 7w8
    Sofia Coppola - INFJ 9w1-4w3-? sp/sx
    Alfonso Cuaron - not sure; I've heard INFP
    Guillermo Del Toro - INFx 4 or 9w1
    Takashi Miike - INTx or ISTP

    actors:
    Johnny Depp - INFP 4w5 sx/sp
    Kate Winslet - ENFJ 4w3 so/sx
    James Woods - ENTP 7w8
    Michelle Williams - INFP 9?
    Daniel Day-Lewis - INfP 5w4

    musicians:
    Tori Amos - iNFP 4w3-7w6-8w9 sx/so
    Fiona Apple - INFP 4w5-6w7-8w9 sx/sp
    Thom Yorke - INfJ 5w4-4w3-1w9 sp/sx
    Jonny Greenwood - INxP 5w6 or 9w1
    Billy Corgan - iNFJ 3w4 or 4w3
    Kurt Cobain - INFP 5w4-4w3-8w7 sx/sp
    Bjork - IsFP 9w1-4w3-7w6 sx/sp
    Kate Bush - INFP 4w3-9w1-(6/7) so/sx
    Bob Dylan - IsFP 4w5 sx/sp (I usually see him listed as sx/so though)
    Marilyn Manson - xNTP 4w5 so/sp
    Trent Reznor - INTJ 5w4 sx/sp
    Jack White - INFJ 1w9-4w5-6 sx/sp
    Paul McCartney - ESFP, 3w2 probably
    John Lennon - eNTP 5w4-8w7-4w3 sx/so
    George Harrison - INFJ, I've seen 1w9 sp/sx
    Michael Gira - Se & Ni user

  2. #52
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    Bill Hicks - ENTP cp6w5 sx/so
    ENFP. He's got Fi through the roof. Whenever he's erupting with all that hate and vitriol, it's because one of his subjective values was crossed.

    Examples:



    Not to mention his extreme adherence to his moral code.

    "You do a commercial, you’re off the artistic roll call forever. End of story, OK? You’re another corporate fucking shill, you’re another whore at the capitalist gang-bang. And if you do a commercial, there’s a price on your head, everything you say is suspect, and every word that comes out of your mouth is now like a turd falling into my drink."

    Just listen to how he rips Jay Leno to shreds for doing a commercial. Does it sound like his values stem from subjective logic, or subjective ethics?

    He points out holes in people's logic and scorns their idiocy, yes, but what his act always come back to is right vs wrong from a moral point of view.

    Michael Gira - Se & Ni user
    I agree that Michael Gira is some kinda Ni/Se user, though I find him difficult to pin down. He has always been the leader of the projects he's involved in, providing creative direction, being the primary songwriter and set out to fulfill his own vision. I think this points primarily to xNTJ. My tentative typing would be INTJ 8w7 sx/sp. The amount of Se in his work suggests ENTJ, but I don't think he leads with Te. The whole physical and visceral aspect of his music could be augmented by his enneagram, since E8's are very grounded and anchored in their body. I also think the recurring themes of power and submission, childhood and innocence, anger and sadism, as well as the purely excessive elements of his music (the bludgeoning mountains of sound, the mind numbing repetition) points further to 8.

    sx/sp because "intense" would be an understatement. He never cared for "scenes" in music and even stop shows when he feels the audience engages in mindless group behaviour, like moshing or headbanging.

  3. #53
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Yeah, Bill Hicks was an ENFP. One of my absolute favorite people, too.

  4. #54
    Parody Parrot meowington's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Yeah, Bill Hicks was an ENFP. One of my absolute favorite people, too.
    These guys are pretty convinced he was an ENTP : http://www.celebritytypes.com/blog/2...icks-compared/

    My all time hero. Right up there with Carl Sagan.

    My favorite Hicks routine : "looks like we got ourselves a readah !" Comedy gold

  5. #55
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Hans Zimmer: INFP 9w1 with heavy Ne
    Marilyn Manson: INFJ 4w5
    Lykke Li: INFJ 4w5
    Tchaikovsky: INFP 4w5
    Mozart: ESFP 7w6
    Macklemore: ENFP 7w6
    Robbie Williams: ESFP 7w6
    Howard Shore: INFx 4w5
    John Powell: ISFP 9
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  6. #56
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miauwington View Post
    These guys are pretty convinced he was an ENTP : http://www.celebritytypes.com/blog/2...icks-compared/

    My all time hero. Right up there with Carl Sagan.

    My favorite Hicks routine : "looks like we got ourselves a readah !" Comedy gold
    Yeah. But they're wrong.

    Let's go through their arguments one by one:

    Makes use of unremarkable yet precise language - language as the means to an end
    Hicks has never made a point of using precise language or touched upon language in his act. The closest he got to that is the routine you mentioned: "Not what am I reading, but what am I reading for?".
    And yeah, language is a means to an end for him - He's a goddamn comedian. That's like pointing out a bus is a means to an end for a bus driver to transport people from one destination to another. It's a requirement of the job.

    Frequently attacks the logic of others: "People say 'Bill, quit talking about Kennedy, man. Just let it go, alright? It was a long time ago, just forget it'. I'm like, alright, then don't bring up Jesus to me."
    Pointing out curious inconsistensies isn't exclusively Ti... I do it all the time. And there's a shitload of Fi moments in his act. The ones I posted above, to mention a few.
    It's not difficult to make fun of people when they're being irrational. But what really makes him explode isn't people's faulty logic, it's people's shitty morals.

    More heavy-handed and serious, going on rants that despair at humanity - a 'crying clown'
    "Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist."
    - George Carlin



    Tries to engage the audience's critical faculties: "Someone [said]: 'We don't go to comedy to think!' [I thought]: Gee! Where do you go to think? I'll met you there! We don't have to do this here!
    Yeah... He was an intelligent person with a lot to say, spending a good chunk of his career performing in front of people who where too dumb to get it most of the time. Imagine being up on stage every night, trying to spread what you believe is an important message (his routine often acted as his soapbox), only to be met by vacant faces and even getting bottles hurled at you. He felt alone and increasingly bitter about the fact that people didn't listen. And all of this because he refused to adapt to mainstream audiences and compromise his act, damning him to perform at shitty bars in rural Alabama. He clinged to his integrity until the very end.

    Cares about humanity in the abstract, but is alienated by actual people: "You want to communicate with people, you want to connect with everybody... [But] people suck. That's my contention."
    See above.

    And what does this prove, except that he had a hard time finding an audience? If anything, it points to Fi, because of his staunch refusal to modify his act so people would be more receptive to it.

    I'm not usually sure about famous people's types... But I won't budge on this one.

  7. #57
    Parody Parrot meowington's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    @unsung : yeah that's pretty solid
    Love the Carlin quote.

  8. #58
    metamorphosing Flâneuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    ENFP. He's got Fi through the roof.
    Could be. He did often seem to use logic in service of ethics/subjective values, rather than having a 'logic for its own sake' attitude like a T. I'm leaning towards ENfP now; a few of those clips you posted almost epitomize the weirdly awesome conniption fits/Te-smackdowns that righteously angry FPs unleash on people.

    I have the biography American Scream laying around somewhere, and after I'm finished reading it I'm going to revive the Bill Hicks thread.

  9. #59
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    Could be. He did often seem to use logic in service of ethics/subjective values, rather than having a 'logic for its own sake' attitude like a T. I'm leaning towards ENfP now; a few of those clips you posted almost epitomize the weirdly awesome conniption fits/Te-smackdowns that righteously angry FPs unleash on people.

    I have the biography American Scream laying around somewhere, and after I'm finished reading it I'm going to revive the Bill Hicks thread.
    Cool.

    Care to share your thoughts on Michael Gira? He's a very interesting person and one of my favorite artists.

  10. #60
    metamorphosing Flâneuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    Cool.

    Care to share your thoughts on Michael Gira? He's a very interesting person and one of my favorite artists.
    I don't know anything about him outside of his art - that's why I couldn't type him beyond the Ni/Se I recognized in his music and lyrics. I just recently got into the Swans, and I love it. The Seer is probably one of the rawest, most visceral and Dionysian music I've ever heard - it's exhausting to listen to, but in a good way.

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI and Enneagram types of your friends and family
    By Aphex in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-30-2014, 05:33 PM
  2. [INTJ] List your favorite artists or preferably the songs
    By Rex in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 11:38 PM
  3. [MBTItm] The type of your SO
    By stellar renegade in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 05:28 PM
  4. [SJ] SJ's if you know or can guess, what are the types of your good friends?
    By cogdecree in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO