• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bruce Chatwin

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any thoughts about this famous travel writer's type? Author of The Songlines, and In Patagonia, among others.

I've just started reading his biography by Nicholas Shakespeare - brilliant.

I'd hazard a guess he was ENFP. Apparently he was magnetically attractive (to both sexes - one colleague said "that was part of his charm: he made me feel pleased with myself.") He had a huge appetite for life and experience and was a chameleon so everyone had a different idea of him.

Although his books are "non-fiction" it's well known that they are, at the least, highly embellished travel accounts. Salman Rushdie said "he didn't give a damn whether his stories were true or not; only whether they were good." He had a gift for synthesizing ideas in a way others missed.

Anyone else a fan, and thoughts on type? MBTI and/or enneagram. (Enneagram, I'd guess either counterphobic 6w7, or 7w6. Or possibly 4w3.)

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No Chatwin aficionados? Really? :(

I'm going to go with ENFP unless someone gives a good argument otherwise. ;) Though I also think ENTP is possible.