• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My So Called Life

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I loved this show, and I've been watching the re-runs lately on the Sundance Channel.

Angela - INFP 4w5
Rayanne - ESFP 7w6
Ricky - xxFP ? 4w3
*They seem like a trio of FPs, IMO.

Brian Krackow - ISTJ 6w5 (or 9w1?)
Jordan Catalano - ISFP 9w8
Sharon (the ex best friend) - ISFJ (enneagram?)
Camile (Sharon's mom/Patty's best-friend) - ESTP

Patty (the mom) - ESTJ 1w2
Graham (the dad) - ESFP 6w7
Danielle (the little sister) - ESFJ

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
I was all Angela a INFP 4w5?! And then was all yep I was exactly like that a teen. :thumbup:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ricky's isfp i think. and sharon seems a little assertive for an isfj, maybe esfj.

i love this show though and i pretty much feel like i am angela chase when i'm watching it. with a little extra rayanne sprinkled in.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
You realize that if Angela had been an ENFJ the show would have run six seasons, right?

Somehow that annoys me, even though I was never that into this show. (I watched it, but quickly forgot about it after it was cancelled).

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Well, Angela did like to whine and brood a lot over stupid things. That can lose its entertainment value pretty quickly.

Anyway, here's my guess.

Angela - INFP
Rayanne - ESFP
Ricky - ISFP, although he had some FJ tendencies.

Brian Krackow - ISTJ
Jordan Catalano - Actually, I think he may have been a brick-dumb ISTP.
Sharon (the ex best friend) - ESFJ (there's no way she's an introvert.)
Camile (Sharon's mom/Patty's best-friend) - ESTP (ha, yeah, good call.)

Patty (the mom) - ESTJ
Graham (the dad) - ISFJ
Danielle (the little sister) - Who knows. She seemed a little direct and blunt, so maybe an ST of some sort.

A

Anew Leaf

I loved this show, and I've been watching the re-runs lately on the Sundance Channel.

Angela - INFP 4w5
Rayanne - ESFP 7w6
Ricky - xxFP ? 4w3

I just bought the DVD of the series (so sadly short lived) a few months ago on Amazon... *sigh* Such an awesome show!

I think you're very right about them being a trio of FPs.

I could see ricky being an ISFP. Jordan seemed more ISTP to me... Sharon seemed more ESFJ... otherwise I agree with the rest of what you have here.

P.S. I forgot how much I hated that character/actress that Graham was getting involved with... ew!

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five

Angela - INFP 4w5
Rayanne - ESFP 7w6
Ricky - xxFP ? 4w3

I've been rewatching this lately.

• Angela: INFP - Yes.
  • Rayanne: ESTP - As she says, when it comes to boys, she doesn't let her feelings get involved, and she can be very confrontational, so I place her more ESTP than ESFP.
  • Ricky: ESFJ - When he stays over at the Chase's, Patty is amazed at how orderly a homemaker he is. She says of him, he can't use a dish without washing it afterwards.

• Brian Krakow: INTJ - He's virtually the stereotype of the introverted nerd: calculus, chess club, can't score with girls, very much the loner with awkward, clueless attempts to connect (such as continually doing angela favors). An ISTJ would be more of a joiner, for example, in team sports.
  • Jordan Catalano: ISFP - Yes.
  • Sharon: ESFJ - Seems very outgoing and sociable, so more E than I; for example, she organized the school dance and volunteered to work on the help line over Christmas.
  • Camile: ESTP - Okay
  • Amber: ESFP

• Patty: ENFJ - The hardest to type of them all. Definitely E and J, but what are the rest? Too aware of others' feelings to be ESTJ imo. Remember, she had trouble firing one of her employees, Boyd. She also has some very F-type issues over her difficulty connecting with Angela, but at the same time is too role-directive and visionary to be ESFJ (such as when she wants to modernize the printing shop over her father's objections). Her father is the ESTJ; he can barely walk into a room without barking out orders of some kind.
  • Graham: ESFP - Okay.
  • Danielle: ENFP - She tough to type, but think of when she dressed up as Angela for Halloween, even going so far as to mirror Angela's body language. She's boisterous and irrepressible.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with Sharon being ESFJ... the more re-watching I did, the more obvious that became. I think Graham may be an introvert actually & a 9 (too easy-going to be a 6, unless he's such a phobic type he puts on the super nice, easy-going demeanor to placate any threats; prob just a 9 though)...he's definitely a SF though. I stick by my other previous typings.

Krackow has to be ISTJ though... I think his enneagram & instinctual stack is why he's not a "joiner". I think he's ISTJ 6w5 so/sx, with the social part making him easily embarrassed & the sx second creating a focus on wanting "something to happen" (as he often laments nothing does happen to him) & the intimate energy between himself & others. A 6w7 sp/so ISTJ would be more of a "joiner" & less awkward. Remember how badly he wants a "normal" family? He has an annoyance with his bookish parents who are obsessed with symbolism. He dismisses many things as "weird" too. This doesn't ring familiar for any INTJs I've known.

This dynamic strikes me as far more INFP-ISTJ than INFP-INTJ, and I speak from experience:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Angela: INFP 4w5
Rayanne: ESFP 7w6
Ricky: ISFP 4w3 (least sure about this one)
Patty: ENFJ 1w2
Graham: ISFP 9w1
Jordan: ISTP 9w8
Brian: ISTJ 6w5
Sharon: ESFJ 2w3
Danielle: ESFP 7w8

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yo the guy in this mailed condoms of his own cum to cast members when he did Suicide Squad.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yo the guy in this mailed condoms of his own cum to cast members when he did Suicide Squad.

he has his own cult now too!
1603380843093267-Jared-Leto-cult-Mars-Island-30-Seconds-To-Mars.jpg

but on the show he is just a rudimentary reader with low literacy skills.

i had to torrent the show but it is coming to hulu soon and i highly recommend :thumbup:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
he has his own cult now too!
1603380843093267-Jared-Leto-cult-Mars-Island-30-Seconds-To-Mars.jpg

but on the show he is just a rudimentary reader with low literacy skills.

i had to torrent the show but it is coming to hulu soon and i highly recommend :thumbup:

Oh boy, a scandal is a-brewing.

I see no dudes but him in that photo.