User Tag List

First 12

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I loved this show, and I've been watching the re-runs lately on the Sundance Channel.

Angela - INFP 4w5
    Rayanne - ESFP 7w6
    Ricky - xxFP ? 4w3
    *They seem like a trio of FPs, IMO.

Brian Krackow - ISTJ 6w5 (or 9w1?)
    Jordan Catalano - ISFP 9w8
    Sharon (the ex best friend) - ISFJ (enneagram?)
    Camile (Sharon's mom/Patty's best-friend) - ESTP

Patty (the mom) - ESTJ 1w2
    Graham (the dad) - ESFP 6w7
    Danielle (the little sister) - ESFJ
    I just bought the DVD of the series (so sadly short lived) a few months ago on Amazon... *sigh* Such an awesome show!

I think you're very right about them being a trio of FPs.

I could see ricky being an ISFP. Jordan seemed more ISTP to me... Sharon seemed more ESFJ... otherwise I agree with the rest of what you have here.

P.S. I forgot how much I hated that character/actress that Graham was getting involved with... ew!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Five

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I loved this show, and I've been watching the re-runs lately on the Sundance Channel.

Angela - INFP 4w5
    Rayanne - ESFP 7w6
    Ricky - xxFP ? 4w3
    *They seem like a trio of FPs, IMO.

Brian Krackow - ISTJ 6w5 (or 9w1?)
    Jordan Catalano - ISFP 9w8
    Sharon (the ex best friend) - ISFJ (enneagram?)
    Camile (Sharon's mom/Patty's best-friend) - ESTP

Patty (the mom) - ESTJ 1w2
    Graham (the dad) - ESFP 6w7
    Danielle (the little sister) - ESFJ
    I've been rewatching this lately.

• Angela: INFP - Yes.
    • Rayanne: ESTP - As she says, when it comes to boys, she doesn't let her feelings get involved, and she can be very confrontational, so I place her more ESTP than ESFP.
    • Ricky: ESFJ - When he stays over at the Chase's, Patty is amazed at how orderly a homemaker he is. She says of him, he can't use a dish without washing it afterwards.

• Brian Krakow: INTJ - He's virtually the stereotype of the introverted nerd: calculus, chess club, can't score with girls, very much the loner with awkward, clueless attempts to connect (such as continually doing angela favors). An ISTJ would be more of a joiner, for example, in team sports.
    • Jordan Catalano: ISFP - Yes.
    • Sharon: ESFJ - Seems very outgoing and sociable, so more E than I; for example, she organized the school dance and volunteered to work on the help line over Christmas.
    • Camile: ESTP - Okay
    • Amber: ESFP

• Patty: ENFJ - The hardest to type of them all. Definitely E and J, but what are the rest? Too aware of others' feelings to be ESTJ imo. Remember, she had trouble firing one of her employees, Boyd. She also has some very F-type issues over her difficulty connecting with Angela, but at the same time is too role-directive and visionary to be ESFJ (such as when she wants to modernize the printing shop over her father's objections). Her father is the ESTJ; he can barely walk into a room without barking out orders of some kind.
    • Graham: ESFP - Okay.
    • Danielle: ENFP - She tough to type, but think of when she dressed up as Angela for Halloween, even going so far as to mirror Angela's body language. She's boisterous and irrepressible.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I agree with Sharon being ESFJ... the more re-watching I did, the more obvious that became. I think Graham may be an introvert actually & a 9 (too easy-going to be a 6, unless he's such a phobic type he puts on the super nice, easy-going demeanor to placate any threats; prob just a 9 though)...he's definitely a SF though. I stick by my other previous typings.

Krackow has to be ISTJ though... I think his enneagram & instinctual stack is why he's not a "joiner". I think he's ISTJ 6w5 so/sx, with the social part making him easily embarrassed & the sx second creating a focus on wanting "something to happen" (as he often laments nothing does happen to him) & the intimate energy between himself & others. A 6w7 sp/so ISTJ would be more of a "joiner" & less awkward. Remember how badly he wants a "normal" family? He has an annoyance with his bookish parents who are obsessed with symbolism. He dismisses many things as "weird" too. This doesn't ring familiar for any INTJs I've known.

This dynamic strikes me as far more INFP-ISTJ than INFP-INTJ, and I speak from experience:

Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe