• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sean Connery

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he's an ENTJ 8w7 Sx/Sp. what do you think?

93JC

sean-connery-moustache-you-a-question-5365.jpg

KDude

He's a pretty toned down guy offscreen it seems. Apparently he just sits around the house and watches soccer a lot. Might as well type him ISTP or something. Heh

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'd always assumed estp, but sp/so e89 istp's making more sense now.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFJ 8w9 Sx/Sp.

he is NOT an FJ. ENTJ, ISTP and ESTP all seem like they could work, but not ENFJ
why do you think he's w9 as opposed to w7. he seems like he has a silly, adventurous side like a w7

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd always assumed estp, but sp/so e89 istp's making more sense now.

you think he's sexual last?

Edit: Pussy Galore is INTJ 8w7 Sp/Sx

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISTP who likes playing the role of an ENTJ and other thinking types in film.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In sifting through quotes, I'm starting to consider entj:

• "I never have a problem with any other actors, unless they're assholes."
  • "I think enthusiasm and appetite are more important than anything.”
  • “I've been very fortunate and have never had any real problems with people. But I've also had the guts to tell them, 'you're a bore'.”

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he is NOT an FJ. ENTJ, ISTP and ESTP all seem like they could work, but not ENFJ

He has not any sort of special interest fot logic. He's cheerful, directive, and driven by ethics and external value, including his support for the scotish independance. he's assertive and forceful, but have a stong sense of harmony and diplomacy. He's reserved and tough, but that does'nt mean he is IxTx. He's actually very sociable, and is not easily drained by social contact.

why do you think he's w9 as opposed to w7. he seems like he has a silly, adventurous side like a w7

He's cheerful, quiet and emphatic, not mental, planner, and futurist like an 8w7.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Si. Un no-nonsense, tough, grizzled old sp/so e89.

Not an Si user, and the rest is related to 8w9. Sp/So are asexual, he is ine of the most sexual person of the world.

Also, about Brando:

The 4 prefers to focus on what makes him who he is (a.k.a. "The Feeling Center"), to be out of touch with his actual physical body, or instinctual motivation for doing things (a.k.a. "The Instinctual-Motivation Center). He tends to underuse his physical body and avoids acting meaningfully in the world. He uses his mental and cognitive functions (a.k.a. "The Thinking Center") in the form of imagination to ramp up the intensity of his feelings and sensation. He withdraws to protect his feelings and sensations and to live in his imaginary world.

And you think that is Brando? Lol.

"The Dominator"

Enneagram type 8s are a force to be reckoned with. They are strong and independent and resist being controlled by anyone. As Sandra Maitri writes in her book, The Spiritual Dimension of the Enneagram: Nine Faces of the Soul, Eights have a “need to be against.” Their psyches tell them they need to be strong so no one messes with them. There is a grounded, big, palpable, bodily energy to them. They often seem bigger than they actually are.

That is Marlon Brando.

End of the story.

KDude

That is Marlon Brando.

End of the story.

You're thinking of Stanley Kowalski, Speedy. Brando was not an 8. He actually resented the impression he gave after that part. It's what made him famous, but it's not what he was.

"Kowalski was always right, and never afraid. He never wondered, he never doubted. His ego was very secure. And he had the kind of brutal agressiveness that I hate. I'm afraid of it. I detest the character."

He wasn't very ambitious like an 8 either. The last half of his life, he just chilled out on a beach and got fat. In his book, he had a funny quote about hating acting and working, and he would prefer if someone just had come to his house every month and threw a bag of money over the fence.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He has not any sort of special interest fot logic. He's cheerful, directive, and driven by ethics and external value, including his support for the scotish independance. he's assertive and forceful, but have a stong sense of harmony and diplomacy. He's reserved and tough, but that does'nt mean he is IxTx. He's actually very sociable, and is not easily drained by social contact.
He's cheerful, quiet and emphatic, not mental, planner, and futurist like an 8w7.

Sean Connery is not harmony driven at all. he has no political correctness. he is charming and non provocative, but he takes conflict in stride and his feelings don't get in the way.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're thinking of Stanley Kowalski, Speedy. Brando was not an 8. He actually resented the impression he gave after that part. It's what made him famous, but it's not what he was.

"Kowalski was always right, and never afraid. He never wondered, he never doubted. His ego was very secure. And he had the kind of brutal agressiveness that I hate. I'm afraid of it. I detest the character."

He wasn't very ambitious like an 8 either. The last half of his life, he just chilled out on a beach and got fat. In his book, he had a funny quote about hating acting and working, and he would prefer if someone just had come to his house every month and threw a bag of money over the fence.

The character of Stanley K is 8w7 Sx/Sp, Marlon B is a 8w9 and that explain a lot. 8w9 are dominators, but they repress narcissim and cultivate empathy and mercy. They have also a quiet and slow moving energy and chill. But Marlon B did'nt fit with the description of 4 at all, even id he was very concerned with drama and relationship, as an Sx/Sp.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sean Connery is not harmony driven at all. he has no political correctness. he is charming and non provocative, but he takes conflict in stride and his feelings don't get in the way.

Feelers seek conflict too. Even more than thinkers since feelers are driven to fight for their values while thinkers are cool headed and hardly make a big deal about this. To take a conflict in stride is not a mark of T at all, and Sean C is driven by feelings, he leads from the heart, not from the head.

KDude

The character of Stanley K is 8w7 Sx/Sp, Marlon B is a 8w9 and that explain a lot. 8w9 are dominators, but they repress narcissim and cultivate empathy and mercy. They have also a quiet and slow moving energy and chill. But Marlon B did'nt fit with the description of 4 at all, even id he was very concerned with drama and relationship, as an Sx/Sp.

I'll take your word for it, I suppose. I don't know about all of the nuances of instinctuals and wings like you're pointing out.

I have a hard time thinking he was a 4 too. I just didn't see him as an 8. In a way, it seems like he had a mentoring role with some 4s. James Dean might have been a 4. He worshipped the ground Brando walked on, but Brando was emotionally cold enough to be condescending a bit, got tired of Dean following him around and mimicking him, and told Dean that "he needed help". He also helped Marilyn Monroe a lot. And in his later years, Johnny Depp.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll take your word for it, I suppose. I don't know about all of the nuances of instinctuals and wings like you're pointing out.

I have a hard time thinking he was a 4 too. I just didn't see him as an 8. In a way, it seems like he had a mentoring role with some 4s. James Dean might have been a 4. He worshipped the ground Brando walked on, but Brando was emotionally cold enough to be condescending a bit, got tired of Dean following him around and mimicking him, and told Dean that "he needed help". He also helped Marilyn Monroe a lot. And in his later years, Johnny Depp.

James Dean was a 4w5 Sx/Sp, yes. But I think it's pretty visible that their styles are very different. James D fits really with the description of 4 as a man who is melancholic and out of touch with his physical body and at the same time, have the sexual instinct who drives him to prove his virility. Marlon B is very ancred in his body, strong, tough, with a deal of sloth and somewhat moody at times. Johnny Depp is a 4w5 Sx/Sp too, and Marilyn Monroe 6w7 Sx/Sp.

KDude

James Dean was a 4w5 Sx/Sp, yes. But I think it's pretty visible that their styles are very different. James D fits really with the description of 4 as a man who is melancholic and out of touch with his physical body and at the same time, have the sexual instinct who drives him to prove his virility. Marlon B is very ancred in his body, strong, tough, with a deal of sloth and somewhat moody at times. Johnny Depp is a 4w5 Sx/Sp too, and Marilyn Monroe 6w7 Sx/Sp.

Yeah, Dean's style is different. He was just commenting on an early Dean, who worked his way into the same crowds when they were younger, and actually would do things like mimic him in the same room. Like he was a shadow Brando couldn't shake off. Everyone has that kind of person in their life, I think. Brando had good comments about him though before he died.. that he finally found himself around the time Giant was made.

Anyways.. I don't really have a point other than to say it seemed like the way Brando handled it was cold. Like a T might do. But maybe that would annoy anyone.