• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sean Connery

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Feelers seek conflict too. Even more than thinkers since feelers are driven to fight for their values while thinkers are cool headed and hardly make a big deal about this. To take a conflict in stride is not a mark of T at all, and Sean C is driven by feelings, he leads from the heart, not from the head.

- he is not driven by conflict, he simply finds it amusing because he's an 8
- he is extremely cool headed , much more so than an Fe dom
- Fi users fight for their values, Fe users do not. that is a case for ENTJ more than ENFJ
at least we agree that he is blatantly Sx/Sp :cool:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- he is not driven by conflict, he simply finds it amusing because he's an 8

I talked about feeler as a general rules, not especially him. Sean C just don't seek to avoid it. He stay on his stance about violence on women, and is strong but is apeasing and smooth at the same time.

he is extremely cool headed , much more so than an Fe dom

He's barely more cool-headed than Mufasa, anoter ENFJ 8w9. Barbra Walters is ESFJ, her. And an 8w7.

- Fi users fight for their values, Fe users do not. that is a case for ENTJ more than ENFJ

Classic misunderstanding of Fe.

at least we agree that he is blatantly Sx/Sp :cool:

Yes.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, Dean's style is different. He was just commenting on an early Dean, who worked his way into the same crowds when they were younger, and actually would do things like mimic him in the same room. Like he was a shadow Brando couldn't shake off. Everyone has that kind of person in their life, I think. Brando had good comments about him though before he died.. that he finally found himself around the time Giant was made.

Anyways.. I don't really have a point other than to say it seemed like the way Brando handled it was cold. Like a T might do. But maybe that would annoy anyone.

What's your Enneatype Kdude, by the way? You seem 9w8 to me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I talked about feeler as a general rules, not especially him. Sean C just don't seek to avoid it. He stay on his stance about violence on women, and is strong but is apeasing and smooth at the same time.
He's barely more cool-headed than Mufasa, anoter ENFJ 8w9. Barbra Walters is ESFJ, her. And an 8w7.
Classic misunderstanding of Fe.
Yes.

he's much more cool headed than Mufasa and he isn't appeasing at all. he is tactful and charming, but so are many ENTJs. not all people with good social skills are Fs. Sean Connery's values are personal and come from the self like an Fi user. Fe users draw their values from their social groups, community and what is "acceptable"

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he's much more cool headed than Mufasa

Because he's Sx/Sp and Mufasa is Sx/So, but other than that, they are very similars.

and he isn't appeasing at all. he is tactful and charming, but so are many ENTJs. not all people with good social skills are Fs.

Sean Connery is not driven to etablish imersonal directives (Te) or to find impersonal truth (Ti).

Sean Connery's values are personal and come from the self like an Fi user.

No. It's essentially an external process: empathy, sociability, scotish cause, form bonds etc. He leads from the heat by etablishing bonds with people, and is not aloof and uncontroling as Fo users are. He is straight-foward, organised and directive, but not impersonal: Fe-dom.

Fe users draw their values from their social groups, community and what is "acceptable"

Cliché. Actually many Fe users are authentic revolutionnary and iconoclast.

yeah, he seems 9w8 Sp/Sx[/quoite]

I think he's Sx/Sp. His lifestyle is too much reckless and restless to be an Sp-first.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your guess is as good as mine. :cool: I don't really look into it much, other than tests and basic descriptions.

According to what you say and your apparent behavior, who used to be an hardcore party drunk with agressives tendencies who sent you in jail and to be a consumate optimistic, chill nice guy. You are also daydreaming, but hearthy and sensual at the same time. Plus, you tend to see every side of a question as equally valuable and feel confortable with that (like in this post :biggrin:). Sounds 9w8 to me. You remind me Slash and Bob Marley, some sort.

KDude

According to what you say and your apparent behavior, who used to be an hardcore party drunk with agressives tendencies who sent you in jail and to be a consumate optimistic, chill nice guy. You are also daydreaming, but hearthy and sensual at the same time. Plus, you tend to see every side of a question as equally valuable and feel confortable with that (like in this post :biggrin:). Sounds 9w8 to me. You remind me Slash and Bob Marley, some sort.

Well now..

Thanks for that. I'm glad you didn't say Axl Rose. Slash is the only one I like in that band.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sean Connery is not driven to etablish imersonal directives (Te) or to find impersonal truth (Ti).
I don't think either of us have enough information to make that assessment

No. It's essentially an external process: empathy, sociability, scotish cause, form bonds etc. He leads from the heat by etablishing bonds with people, and is not aloof and uncontroling as Fo users are. He is straight-foward, organised and directive, but not impersonal: Fe-dom.
Fi users are not aloof or controlling; Fe users on the other hand can be more controlling than Te users sometimes

Cliché. Actually many Fe users are authentic revolutionnary and iconoclast.
but not in the same way. Fe users want to serve humanity Sean Connery just wants to do his thing. he is a darkworker :cool:

I think he's Sx/Sp. His lifestyle is too much reckless and restless to be an Sp-first.
that makes more sense. I agree

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think either of us have enough information to make that assessment

Possible.

Fi users are not aloof or controlling;

Fi-dom are aloof and uncontrolling, Fi-aux are extrovert, sensitive and uncontrolling, Fi-3d or last are controling, directive and impersonal. Sean C is not any of theses.

Fe users on the other hand can be more controlling than Te users sometimes

Yes. But not logical or impersonal. They work far more based on instincts, and are less on strategy.

but not in the same way. Fe users want to serve humanity Sean Connery just wants to do his thing. he is a darkworker :cool:

Sean C is oriented toward groups causes. But Fe users don't necessarly want to serve humanity, even Hitler wanted onky to serve Germany. Us Fe-users can stay focused on a smaller perimeter. :biggrin:

that makes more sense. I agree

He identifies him as So/Sx, why, but I'm sure he's not Sp-first.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do I come off that way?

Not being ironic. I appreciate the post.

Ok!:)

I never liked the band that much, but how can you not like Slash? He embodies every corny rockstar cliche, and still manages to look cool.

I like the music a lot, but I'm not a fan of the musicians especially. They have something disturbing, even if Slash and Duff are less than the others. Axl Rose is probably the worst, plus i have the same enneatype than him, and indeed, we have many in common.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Possible.
Fi-dom are aloof and uncontrolling, Fi-aux are extrovert, sensitive and uncontrolling, Fi-3d or last are controling, directive and impersonal. Sean C is not any of theses.
Yes. But not logical or impersonal. They work far more based on instincts, and are less on strategy.
Sean C is oriented toward groups causes. But Fe users don't necessarly want to serve humanity, even Hitler wanted onky to serve Germany. Us Fe-users can stay focused on a smaller perimeter. :biggrin:
He identifies him as So/Sx, why, but I'm sure he's not Sp-first.

Te users aren't always controlling of other people. often (as in the case of Sean Connery) it's self directed and not infringed upon others

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te users aren't always controlling of other people. often (as in the case of Sean Connery) it's self directed and not infringed upon others

"Controlling" does'nt necessarly mean infrigment on others, but simply that you are at ease being in contol, dend imersonal directives and be the boss.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Controlling" does'nt necessarly mean infrigment on others, but simply that you are at ease being in contol, dend imersonal directives and be the boss.

Sean Connery seems like he would be very comfortable in such a position.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sean Connery seems like he would be very comfortable in such a position.

Normal. He is a 8, but that does'nt mean it is his preference to be logical and impersonal.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Normal. He is a 8, but that does'nt mean it is his preference to be logical and impersonal.

he seems logical and detached to me, but less so because he's Sx

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Rather late in the day to respond! I'm really interested in Sean Connery and have been trying to guess his type for a while. Because he's so charismatic it's quite hard to sort of see underneath. From interviews he seems quite soft-spoken and introverted. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okElBcoLjZg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJVESI8KjY

My guess is introvert but an extremely confident one, so he comes across as extrovert sometimes, and certainly can on film. From anecdotes he seems to be quite logic driven and can be quite harsh, for instance this from Michael Caine, who relates a story about Sean putting someone down in slightly over-brutal fashion! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJXPZak75WY

I'm thinking ISTP? He seems quite free-wheeling in his life, bouncing around from job to job in his youth, which doesn't suggest a J preference. Also he's an extremely good athlete (bodybuilder, highly rated footballer), which fits the ISTP archetype. Although he's thoughtful, he doesn't seem overly intuitive or rely on his intuition. Seems more based in the world of facts and reality.

(Edit) In that first Youtube link the interviewer mentions him being so casual he's practically falling apart at times - this would fit an XXXP. And also that he's not living up to the bond stereotype by not grabbing girls in bars (obvs he was getting ladies but not in the obnoxious fashion you'd expect). This further supports him being an I.

Finally, and this is a bit tenuous, him being an ISTP supports him slipping into and personifying the James Bond role so well , which is the archetypal ISTP. Obvs you could argue he's an actor so it doesn't mean much, but he does seem to play the part very naturally. Ie resourceful, good improviser, decisive, doesn't overthink his decisions. Risk taker, enjoys adrenaline-fuelled things. I wouldn't defend this point too much tho.