User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: The Comedians

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default The Comedians

This just in: Laughter is a drug. Cultivated throughout the world; this narcotic is frequently mixed into a composite with other psychotropics, such as marijuana, cocaine, opium and etc. The results? One word: Distorted. Users, or Jolly Fucks as they are often called, have reported a high frequency in physical dependency - on average users laugh 18 times a day. The side-effects are detrimental: increased pulse & blood pressure, uncontrollable bodily convulsion - and in extreme cases - abdominal pains. However, the stimuli of the endorphin-influenced europhic moments dryly denoted by habitual users as "Classic" or "You had to be there" distracts them from these effects. The proponents for the optimization of the uncontrolled substance often gather on beaches, rooms or theater stages and adorn themselves in clothing- reminiscent of a Bollywood costume departments or San Francisco in the 1960s - and recall their existence for inspiration in their protesting abuse of the stimulant. They are vilified as hippie assholes. However, they claim the experience is spiritual, calling it Laughter Yoga. The media has not help to deter the public following neither. Old & young engage in the abuse. One in particular is a Doug Collins - he is to laugh what Amy Winehouse is to cocaine-heroin-ecstasy-and-the-horse tranquilliser - who some in the jolly fuck community contest that he has added nitrous oxide to his special strain. The media has also celebrated the dealers. In comics, there is the modern cinematic icon The Joker. In news - there is the NY Times. However, what the streets and I like to call these dealers are...

The Comedians*

• NT:
      Dry·Semantical·Dark·Absurd·Critical·Satirical ·Sarcastic

You want to hear a dead baby jokes followed suit by logical critiques of the modern sociopolitical structure? Then these are the guys (and gals) for you. They are the intellects; the socially scientific and philosophical deconstructionist whom partake in comedy to observe, provoke and then laugh inside. The original trolls. Meanwhile, outside, the audience cringes: cringe humor. Which reminds me, another thing they're good at: awkward pauses. NT comedians are often adept and talented at awkward pauses. These offbeat opinionated nerds aren't attuned to timing, but dry wit, nonchalance, and incendiary commentary. They aren't cute (for the most part). They are realist. And surrealist. Never above flatulence, fecal or urinary jokes. See, humor is the device for their message. These comedians aren't sparse - except in personal anecdotes or exposes - that's not their shtick. Their life isn't the riot - its their thoughts (see: Bill Maher's New Rules, Dennis Miller Rants & Larry David's Keys to Happiness) and the laugh is because they are truthful, sensible and articulate enough to demonstrate their intelligence, undermine convention, while poking fun. And we can't. Why? Because half the time the butt of the joke is us.

Stings, don't it? Just how I like it.

Spotlight:ENTP
      Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
      Gadflies are what most ENTPs are in their youth: non-conforming and just discovering their gift for the gab. Some keep pursuing this gift and become one of the most needed kind of citizen in society today: the satirist. Although ENTP humor may show a tendency for the random, or the surreal, that is simply due to a lack of application. Combine this humor with the ENTP insight and intelligence, and you have a devastating combination: a non-conformist with a bite, that won't get off your back. Gadfly ENTPs are the ultimate truth-sayers.
    • NF:
      ·Absurd·Nonsensism
    • SP:
    • SJ:

Quote Originally Posted by You
    INFJ
    Stephen Colbert
    Gilda Radner
    Maria Bamford

INTJ
    Dennis Miller
    Norm MacDonald
    Demetri Martin

INTP
    Larry David
    Tina Fey
    Seth McFarlane
    Jeaneane Garofalo
    Mike Judge
    Brian Posehn
    Jessi Klein
    Steven Wright
    Jimmy Carr

INFP
    Zach Galifanakis
    Andy Kaufman
    Dave Chappelle
    Richard Pryor
    David Cross

ENFJ
    David Sedaris
    Steve Carrell
    Sebastian Maniscalco
    Ben Stiller

ENTJ
    Jim Carrey
    Steve Martin
    Phil Hartman
    Jim Gaffigan
    Michael Ian Black
    Bill Maher
    Whoopi Goldberg
    Charlie Murphy

ENFP
    Lewis Black
    Gene Wilder
    Robin Williams
    Craig Ferguson
    Russel Peter

ENTP
    Bill Murray
    Bill Hicks
    George Carlin
    Sasha Baron Cohen
    Jon Stewart
    Eddie Izzard
    Conan O'Brien
    Katt Williams
    Ricky Gervais
    Sarah Silverman
    Lenny Bruce
    David Spade
    Daniel Tosh

ESTJ
    Cedric the Entertainer
    John Candy
    David Letterman
    Vince Vaughn
    Ahmed Ahmed
    Jeff Foxworthy
    Corey Holcomb

ESFJ
    Jerry Lewis
    Groucho Marx
    Bill Cosby
    Eddie Murphy
    Drew Carey
    Don Glover
    Kevin Hart
    Natasha Leggero

ESFP
    Chris Farley
    Martin Lawrence
    Pauly Shore
    Will Ferrell
    Jamie Foxx
    Tracy Morgan
    Jack Black
    Darren Carter
    Mike Epps
    Dane Cook
    Gabriel Iglesias

ESTP

Dennis Leary
    Will Arnett
    Tim Allen
    Joe Rogan
    Jimmy Kimmel
    Andrew Dice Clay
    Roesanne Arnold
    Chelsea Handler
    Bret Ernst
    Red Foxx
    Rodney Dangerfield

ISFP
    Adam Sandler
    Damon Wayans
    Mitch Hedberg
    John Caparulo

ISFJ
    D.L. Hugley

ISTP
    Woody Allen
    Jay Leno
    Ray Romano
    Patton Oswalt
    Kyle Kinane
    Charles Bukowski

ISTJ
    Jerry Seinfield
    Johnny Carson
    Dov Davidoff

----
    XXXX
    Abbott and Costello
    Last edited by You; 09-23-2011 at 09:17 PM.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I procrastinated and didn't finish the descriptions. Eventually, I plan to come back, finish, then refine the work, but eh - I'm busy. Things to do, people to un-see - you know.

Note: Indicate inconclusive data.
    Oh, its
    You

I think Izzard, Baron Cohen, and Sarah Silverman are possible ENJs actually. Not ENTP.

Any lead on what type Aziz Ansari is?

I'd like to see Jim Carrey get re-typed.

"It's hard for anybody who's been with me not to feel starved for affection when I'm making love to my ideas. Maybe it's not meant for me to settle down and be married."

"I'm so wrapped up in my work that it's often impossible to consider other things in my life. My marriage ended in divorce because of this, my relationship with Holly has suffered by this."

"I feel like I want to take care of everyone and I also feel this terrible guilt if I am unable to. And I have felt this way ever since all this success started."
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

I don't think Bill Hicks is ENTP. In his act his Fi spews out all over the place. ENFP.

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    I don't think Bill Hicks is ENTP. In his act his Fi spews out all over the place. ENFP.
    Yes, and he was far more introverted than his performance style would suggest. Probably ENFP, possibly INFP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    I'd like to see Jim Carrey get re-typed.

"It's hard for anybody who's been with me not to feel starved for affection when I'm making love to my ideas. Maybe it's not meant for me to settle down and be married."

"I'm so wrapped up in my work that it's often impossible to consider other things in my life. My marriage ended in divorce because of this, my relationship with Holly has suffered by this."

"I feel like I want to take care of everyone and I also feel this terrible guilt if I am unable to. And I have felt this way ever since all this success started."
    Jim Carrey -> ENTP.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Whoopi Goldberg is ENFP, not ENTJ.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't see Brian Posehn as INTP. ISTP.

Also, Patton Oswalt and Kyle Kinane aren't ISTPs. Their comedic styling is often heavily abstract and fully removed from reality. I might go ENTP for Oswalt, probably INTP for Kinane (though I could see some INFP arguments).

Allen could be ISTP, but I'm not sure. I could see a few different possibilities here.

Anthony Jeselnik is a very funny ESTP (I think).

Sarah Silverman is also ESTP, not ENTP, in my opinion. Her comedy is crazy S to me.

I think Tina Fey's character on 30 Rock might be more INTP, but I see the real her a little more as INTJ.

Aziz Ansari... definitely E, definitely TP, don't know about S or N. ExTP.

Also, some new additions:

Louis CK: INxP

Paul F Tompkins: ENTP
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Johnny Carson is ISFP.