User Tag List

First 123

Thread: The Comedians

MBTI
    nerd

he's a famous movie star known for wild mood swings, ad-libbing movie scenes and wearing novelty hats during golf tournaments. he's been caught smuggling pounds of weed and driving a golf cart drunk. sure an intp could do any of those things, but would they spend a whole lifetime like that?

would an intp likely choose to sing karaoke with a random group of people out of the blue?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I think Chelsea Handler is ENTJ instead of ESTP. She's using Te.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Louis CK: INxP

Louis CK is an ENTP. Remember ENTPs can seem Introverted. His humor tends to rely on making up dark surreal situations(both his show and his stand up have this quality) which is an Ne tendency, he also loves breaking everyday situations into dark bits which is a Ti quality.

if that doesn't convince you check out his recent interview on Conan
    http://teamcoco.com/video/louis-ck-i...-george-w-bush

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by fripping View Post
    he's a famous movie star known for wild mood swings, ad-libbing movie scenes and wearing novelty hats during golf tournaments. he's been caught smuggling pounds of weed and driving a golf cart drunk. sure an intp could do any of those things, but would they spend a whole lifetime like that?

would an intp likely choose to sing karaoke with a random group of people out of the blue?
    I still don't have an opinion one way or the other as to his type but alchole and party drugs can make a INTP do weird shit.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    nerd

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I still don't have an opinion one way or the other as to his type but alchole and party drugs can make a INTP do weird shit.
    my point is he does that kind of shit incessantly. they're not occasional episodes, he is constantly hogging the spotlight and doing weird shit (outside of hollywood). read all about him on wikipedia if you're not convinced.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by kbxcomix View Post
    Louis CK: INxP

Louis CK is an ENTP. Remember ENTPs can seem Introverted. His humor tends to rely on making up dark surreal situations(both his show and his stand up have this quality) which is an Ne tendency, he also loves breaking everyday situations into dark bits which is a Ti quality.

if that doesn't convince you check out his recent interview on Conan
    http://teamcoco.com/video/louis-ck-i...-george-w-bush
    Eh, sort of. Louis observes moments that exist and prods them and takes them to darker places, or looks at society around him and comments how he feels about them IMO. Patton Oswalt (who is an ENTP) is more prone to making up situations, people and ideas. His show makes up more (it has to by its very nature), but is still more often rooted in a sense of realism (one episode even largely mocks how unrealistic sitcoms usually are as he attempts to start a 90s sitcom and can't). It can venture off into surreal territory, but I don't know if I'd call that its default.

I don't see your point with the interview. I've seen that and several other interviews he's given, and he does the same thing consistently: as much of the interview as possible consists of prepared bits. That isn't a knock, it makes for funnier and more enjoyable interviews than most people give. But most of the questions are Conan setting him up for stories and bits. The NY question is general, but he hones in on the Bush story, which I can't imagine he tells off the top of his head. Between bits, he leans back and puts his hands in his laps. He withdraws. He's been doing bits for interviews for a while.

Have you heard his album "Hilarious"? Well, look at this interview that took place before that album came out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

If that's any indication, I'll bet one or more of those stories ends up on that album he plugs at the end.

That's a bit that later shows up on the album. He has very little real, unscripted banter and almost all prepared bits and stories. For a real ENTP comedian interview, watch an interview with someone like Ricky Gervais, who constantly riffs off the cuff with the interviewer.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Jim Carrey -> ENTP.
    His comedic style or him in interviews? Somehow, I don't see his comedy as ENTP-style. Too little verbal bite, and too much physicality and goofing around.