• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Paul Newman & Joanne Woodward

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Looking at his interviews, I can see Paul Newman as an ISxP or maybe a not-so-gruff ISTJ... Enneagram-wise, I'm guessing maybe 9w8, 8w9 or some kind of 6. :thinking:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think he's an sp/so e45 infp. Woodward - can't get a definite handle on her type, though I'd venture infp at the least, either sp/so - so/sp - e45 - e98.

Watch those Marlon Brando interviews too. Such an interesting person. I think he's an sp/so e45 infj.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Paul Newman: ENFP 8w9 Sp/Sx
Marlon Brando: ISTP 8w9 Sx/Sp

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
http://www.bestweekever.tv/2007-05-31/celebrities-they-just-dont-make-em-like-they-used-to/

"MARLON BRANDO FACTS: The Godfather of Binge Eating

Close friend Carlo Fiore wrote that during the ’50s and early ’60s, Brando went on crash diets before his films commenced shooting, but when he lost his willpower, he would eat huge breakfasts consisting of corn flakes, sausages, eggs, bananas and cream, and a huge stack of pancakes drenched in syrup.

During a birthday party for Brando–the film’s director as well as star–the crew gave him a belt with a card reading, 'Hope it fits.' A sign was placed below the birthday cake saying: 'Don’t feed the director.' He reportedly ate at least four pieces of cake that day.

Ice cream was the culprit: Brando would purloin a five-gallon tub of the fattening dessert, row himself out into the lagoon and indulge.

Living on his island of Tetioroa, Brando created what he called 'real-life Mounds Bars' by cracking open a coconut, melting some chocolate in the sun, then stirring it into the coconut for a tasty treat.

By the 1980s, there were reports that one of Brando’s girlfriends had left him because he failed to keep his promise of losing weight. Marlon seemed to be dieting, but to her astonishment, he never lost weight. She found out that his buddies had been throwing bags of Burger King Whoppers over the gates of his Mulholland Dr. estate late at night to relieve the hunger pangs of their famished friend.

Finally, a reported Brando snack was a pound of cooked bacon shoved into an entire loaf of bread."

http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype4
"Self-Preservation Fours: The Sensualist (Ichazo's 'Reckless/Dauntless')

Self-Preservation Fours focus their envy and hypersensitivity on their concerns about their immediate environment and on their quest for physical comfort. They attempt to deal with emotional issues by surrounding themselves with as much luxury and beauty as they can afford, by indulging in their favorite foods, and by giving themselves "consolation prizes" for their suffering. They might be disappointed about a job situation or a failing relationship, and so stay up late at night drinking expensive cognac and watching a favorite movie. Self-Pres Fours are particularly sensitive to comfort issues—the temperature of a room, the quality of the lighting, the humidity or lack of it, the weather—all produce powerful emotional responses. Self-Pres Fours become frustrated that the environment is insufficiently attuned to their personal needs. Attempts to control the environment and self-indulgence in rich foods, drink, drugs, or other sensual distractions can exhaust Self-Pres Fours, leaving them unable to function well outside of their own narrowing world."

Too easy for me, Speedy. Fortunately he's the focus of this thread.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One bolded line in that description is supposed to prove your -wrong- point?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Figured the bold part's about all you'd be willing to read.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think we have some kind of magic going on between us. Can't ruin that at this stage in the game, baby.

Ready with the lube.

KDude

I think Newman was ISFP or maybe a chill ESFP. He has a lot of swagger and charm of an extrovert at least. I kind of think Matthew McCounaghey is a lot like him (not comparing talent.. just personality). And not that it matters, but his hobbies were SP like. He was racing cars well into his 70s.

Yeah, Brando is very intriguing.. I'm still kind of confused between NFJ and STP though. I read two books from/about him and still can't pin him down.