• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Paper Mario

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've decided to replay the Paper Mario series for both nostalgia value, and to accurately type the characters as best I can. Note though, I'm currently only typing the characters from the first game, not the second two (I'll type those characters when I get around to playing those games).

Mario - virtually no personality within the game, and is probably untypable for the most part, aside from maybe being an xSFx.

Bowser - ENTJ 8w7 sx/sp - at first I wasn't sure about Bowser, but seeing as how he wants conqur Mushroom Kingdom, kill Mario, and claim Peach as his bride, not to mention his general scheming, Te+Ni with some Se seemed to make sense. Se dom could be possible.

Peach - ENFJ 6w7 or 9w1 or 2w1 so/sx - seems like an Fe dom to me, but to be honest I'm not certain on the typing since it's based more or less on my gut feeling.

Twink - ISFP 2w1 sx/so - adorable little guy who wants to help his freinds; Fi dom is clear, no visible Ne so Se by default, could be 6w7 as well.

Goombario - ESTP 7w6 sx/sp ISFp - at first I thought Si dom because he was a walking encyclopedia of information, but beyond that seemed to be an excitable adventurer who only wanted to go on an adventure with his herp Mario, which seems more Se, that and his constant observations of the current physical environment. Clear Si dom under socionics.

Kooper - ESFP 7w6 sx/sp - basically a bit of a clone to Goombario, could be ESTP, but there isn't much information to work off from him.

Kolorado - ENTP 7w8 sx/so - explorer with a knack for risking his own damn life in the process.

Spike (Lakitu ally) - ISTP? 4w3 sx/so - wannabe poser who changes his name cause he wants to be cool, seems like 4w3 to me, not sure at all on his JCF type.

*Note: the rest of the ally characters don't really have much in the way of character development, thus their typing are based solely off supificial appareance. those that weren't typed didn't really have much in the way of a personality.

Bow - ESFP 4w3 so/sx

Parakarry - ISTJ 5w6 so/sp

Sushie - ESFJ 2w1 so/sx

JR Troopa - ESTP 8w7 sx/sp - stubborn bully who wants to beat up Mario, Se dom and 8 seem obvious here.

Kammy Koopa - ISTJ 6w5 sx/so

All the magician sorcerer characters - INFJ 5w4 sp/so

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't played Paper Mario, but I would guess Mario's overall characterization as closest to ESFP. Bowser is probably ESTP or ENTJ. I've heard ENFJ for Peach a lot as well, and she does at least have an Fe vibe to me.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Awesome! :) A few of my digressions, though:

Goombario - ISFJ? His eagerness to assist and "encyclopedic" style sound like Si-Fe-Ti to me.

Lakilester - Def. ISxP, but I'd say 6w7 - trying his best to prove he's tough, but also warm and cooperative after the dust settles. His interactions with Lakilulu seem to support my hypothesis. :D

Mario - ISFJ, maybe? The "everyman" archetype, helpful but humble. :)

Parakarry - 1w9/1w2? Formal and dutiful.

Atomic Fiend

I haven't played Paper Mario, but I would guess Mario's overall characterization as closest to ESFP. Bowser is probably ESTP or ENTJ. I've heard ENFJ for Peach a lot as well, and she does at least have an Fe vibe to me.

Paper Mario is actually a different Mario from the regular series of games, according to Super Smash Bros. Melee anyways.

He doesn't speak, and only expresses himself through nods and varying expressions of panic. Sort of like Link from Wind Waker.

The Paper Mario is one of my favorite series of all time. Even had Paper Mario as my Avvy before. Favorite game in the franchise is The Thousand Year Door. Can't help you typing

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Well I did browse the Official Mario Wiki, looking through the profiles of the iconic characters, and Mario could be ESFP according to the other games, but specifically for Paper Mario it's difficult to tell. Overall Bowser and Peach definitely seem to be ENTJ and ENFJ respectively. :yes:

Awesome! :) A few of my digressions, though:

Goombario - ISFJ? His eagerness to assist and "encyclopedic" style sound like Si-Fe-Ti to me.

ISFJ would be my second guess (was initally my first); the Ti+Fe combo is definitely there, although his eagerness could just be sx I think.

Lakilester - Def. ISxP, but I'd say 6w7 - trying his best to prove he's tough, but also warm and cooperative after the dust settles. His interactions with Lakilulu seem to support my hypothesis. :D

6's really don't feel the need to 'prove' themselves to anybody, and 6's also don't switch from the bad guys to the good guys that easily; he's also an image concious poser (hence his 'OMGZ no one call me Lakilaster cause it's not cool!'); 3 or 4 of some variety. ISxP seems about right though.

Mario - ISFJ, maybe? The "everyman" archetype, helpful but humble. :)

Hmmmmmm definitely possible :thinking:

Parakarry - 1w9/1w2? Formal and dutiful.

That actually makes more sense for him; I'd say that he's 1w9 then :yes:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
6's really don't feel the need to 'prove' themselves to anybody, and 6's also don't switch from the bad guys to the good guys that easily; he's also an image concious poser (hence his 'OMGZ no one call me Lakilaster cause it's not cool!'); 3 or 4 of some variety. ISxP seems about right though.

I could see that, but he also seems humble in some ways:

Also, he doesn't seem that commited to Huff N. Puff - from what he says, it's more of a job to him than anything else.

9w8, maybe? I dunno. :thinking:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I could see that, but he also seems humble in some ways:

Also, he doesn't seem that commited to Huff N. Puff - from what he says, it's more of a job to him than anything else.

9w8, maybe? I dunno. :thinking:

It's possible, but I don't think humbleness is a necessary prereqisite for being 9 or 6; actually that whole series of dialouge included talk about his honor and having to prove himself, despite the fact that his girlfreind didn't want him to do that ann that in in joining Mario like a man he would be placing himself in danger. He even accepts defeat and death from Mario with some pride because he feels that that is what a man would do. Niether of those factors strike me as 6 or 9 really (cp 6 mayyyyyyyy be possible I suppose).

Also, on an unrelated note, I'm not sure why, but for some reason, Goombario reminded me a lot about you :yes: