• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

East of Eden (Steinbeck)

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
This is more or less a journal for me, but if someone can help me out here please do!

• Cyrus Trask 8w7 ENTJ
  • Alice Trask 2w1 or 9 ISFJ. I don't know. She's too bland to tell.
  • Adam Trask NINE NINE NINE NIIIINNNEEE. 9w1! ISFP?
  • Charles Trask 3w2

• Liza Hamilton 1w2
  • George Hamilton 9w8
  • Will Hamilton 6w7? SP

• Cathy Ames Fucked up 3w4 or 8w9 SX/SO

Nomenclature

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w2
Caleb Trask - 3w4
“When you were little, did you”—he paused to get the thought straight—”did you ever have the feeling like you were missing something? Like as if the others knew something you didn’t—like a secret they wouldn’t tell you? Did you ever feel that way?”

Cathy Ames - 3w2 or 2w3. How silly of me to think 4.
When I was hurt, all broken up, he took me in and he waited on me, cooked for me. He tried to tie me down that way. Most people get tied down that way. They’re grateful, they’re in debt, and that’s the worst kind of handcuffs. But nobody can hold me. I waited and waited until I was strong, and then I broke out. Nobody can trap me

Adam Trask - I still stand by 9
"He learned that when people are very poor they still have something to give and the impulse to give it. He developed a love for poor people he could not have conceived if he had not been poor himself... he could withdraw his own personality until he made no stir of anger or jealousy."