• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Peter Coyote

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

Peter Coyote (real name Rachmil Pinchus Ben Mosha Cohon) is an American actor (Sphere, A Walk to Remember, Erin Brockovich, Bitter Moon), author, director and narrator, as well as the founder of an anarchist improv group called the Diggers. Oh, and he's a Zen Buddhist as well.

What's his type? I think he's got a certain IxFJ vibe (leaning towards INFJ) - he's got that "detached but not too detached" aura that seems common in Ti-terts (especially men).

Thoughts?

KDude

Not sure, but he is kind of detached, isn't he?

Such a random actor to see on here btw =) I like him though.. especially now (seems to do a lot of documentaries).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From this, he seems to conform to the ENFP descriptions.

I'll respond to the INFJ idea. He doesn't vibe that to me. Kind of detached, yes, but not that detached.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Such a random actor to see on here btw =) I like him though.. especially now (seems to do a lot of documentaries).

I enjoy making these threads every now and then, featuring people who are pretty well-known but not that much. ;) If you're interested, I also made recent threads about Cloris Leachman and Marjane Satrapi. :yes:

(Also, do you find my way of making OPs in these threads too encyclopedic? I'm always ready to get feedback. :))

KDude

I enjoy making these threads every now and then, featuring people who are pretty well-known but not that much. ;) If you're interested, I also made recent threads about Cloris Leachman and Marjane Satrapi. :yes:

(Also, do you find my way of making OPs in these threads too encyclopedic? I'm always ready to get feedback. :))

It's quite alright. Besides, you've got nothing on this one poster at a socionics board, who was mega exhaustive about random things.. complete with footnotes and everything. I don't have the time to find an example, but even then, I was impressed actually.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
It's quite alright. Besides, you've got nothing on this one poster at a socionics board, who was mega exhaustive about random things.. complete with footnotes and everything. I don't have the time to find an example, but even then, I was impressed actually.

I'm not a good footnoter - heck, I use asterisks! The horror! :aquiver:

Also, any idea on Coyote's enneagram type? :)

(As an aside, I admit I might be biased about the INFJ thing, since he played an INFJ (4w5 sx/sp) character in Bitter Moon. Just sayin'.)

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
I love that you did this thread! I've really enjoyed his work and am happy to see lesser known talent here. He has more talent than most well know actors IMO.
I'm leaning towards extrovert but I could be wrong. I do think he's a feeler, for sure.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I love that you did this thread! I've really enjoyed his work and am happy to see lesser known talent here. He has more talent than most well know actors IMO.
I'm leaning towards extrovert but I could be wrong. I do think he's a feeler, for sure.

And I love that I got some responses, so we're even! :D

Do you have a read on his E-type? It's kinda hard for me to identify Enneagram types through those sorts of videos... :doh:

Also, if you're looking for a movie with him in a big role, I recommend Bitter Moon. Beware, though - it's by Roman Polanski and quite psychologically... intense. ;)