• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Presidential Hopefuls' Types

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
That's because she's an inyoface extrovert!
She's so E, T, and J that she could be a male. She plays up the Fe for her party and the voters, but she's a cold-hearted rule-mongering bitch deep down.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
She's so E, T, and J that she could be a male. She plays up the Fe for her party and the voters, but she's a cold-hearted rule-mongering bitch deep down.
I couldn't agree more. This made me throw up a little.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7

What makes you think that she is an Extrovert?
I think she is an Introvert who realizes that she has to seem more extroverted to win the presidency.
What she says and does don't really seem so real to her actual personality...

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
That's because she's an inyoface extrovert!

I can be pretty "inyoface" but it doesn't make me an extrovert. She acts very IxTJish in my opinion. She simply acts that way for what I consider to be the wrong policies...

edit: Notice her while she gives speeches. She tries to seem very extroverted but if you look at her closely it's as if she wants to get the hell out of there and be alone.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For the most part, I agree with what Economica said regarding Hillary in this post , but after reading the article linked in that post, I saw enough in common with myself to think she could also be representative of a cynical NF. Specifically, I get the feeling that she is very much driven by values (Fi) and vision (Ni), and some of the language is similar enough to things I might say to think INFP could be a possibility (not in the stereotypical sense, but in the sense of it being her true self mutated by time and circumstances to appear to be something else - I know that to people that only know me off-line, INFP would probably not be what most would guess me to be), but I do think INTJ is a good logical fit because Fi is the tertiary for an INTJ, and her detailed plans also fit well with Te.

My initial thoughts on Obama were that he is an ENFP, but I can see arguements for any combination that would have strong Ne (primary or secondary) for him.

My guesses on McCain, Huckabee, Romney, and Paul are only guesses based on rough impressions from watching a few debates and interviews.
McCain - ISxP
Huckabee - ESxJ
Romney - ExTJ (probably ESTJ)
Paul - xNTP

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Many extroverted women play introversion for social reasons. She's under stress and having difficulty because she knows her only chance to gain the power she craves is slipping through her fingers. Also, please remember that she was a prominent lawyer, which is not the realm of introverts, let alone introverted rationals, who would probably be rather miserable in such work.

INTJs hate making or following rules (guides and guidelines, sure, but not rules), don't enjoy authority, and are practically allergic to enforcing either on anyone, even children (in this sense, we're probably most like an XNTP, and least like every other J type). Nothing about her platform nor her actions over the last 16 years have shown anything but a rule-mongering authoritarian EXTJ annoyed by (and possibly even angry about) being in the shadow of someone "in charge" for most of her life. She's definitely Te-dominant and seeking power, so she will do things with payoff to that end, which is the opposite of the way an INTJ operates.

Basically, I stand by my observations.

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP

Sexist. And I'm sure some of the late unlamented Democratic losers of the last 40 years were (sniffle, sob) so F they could almost be (sissies, wimps), WOMEN!

One could, of course, go with the famous statement "I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but the heart and soul of a prince."

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sexist. And I'm sure some of the late unlamented Democratic losers of the last 40 years were (sniffle, sob) so F they could almost be (sissies, wimps), WOMEN!

One could, of course, go with the famous statement "I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but the heart and soul of a prince."
Another one of these claimed INTPs that can't get subtle humor. Oy. These ISTPs and depressed ISTJs are annoying as hell.

When did I ever say anything about women lacking the ability to be leaders (or anything else for that matter)? I was pointing out her type. Beyond this, if you knew anything about me you'd know that last year I championed a black (gasp!) woman (double gasp!) as a sensible presidential candidate. Comically, she's almost certainly an INTJ, and true-to-type, she refused to run.

In case you didn't realize: The first sentence was playing on a stereotype for effect. The stereotype of men/husbands/fathers being EXTJs, especially ESTJs. It's just like the stereotype of women/housewives/mothers being ESFJs and ISFJs.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Another one of these claimed INTPs that can't get subtle humor. Oy. These ISTPs and depressed ISTJs are annoying as hell.

When did I ever say anything about women lacking the ability to be leaders (or anything else for that matter)? I was pointing out her type. Beyond this, if you knew anything about me you'd know that last year I championed a black (gasp!) woman (double gasp!) as a sensible presidential candidate. Comically, she's almost certainly an INTJ, and true-to-type, she refused to run.

In case you didn't realize: The first sentence was playing on a stereotype for effect. The stereotype of men/husbands/fathers being EXTJs, especially ESTJs. It's just like the stereotype of women/housewives/mothers being ESFJs and ISFJs.

Haha! INTP's and their inability to detect sarcasm.. :devil: Allows the more satanic and cold-hearted INFP's and INTJ's to come in to pick on the INTP.

Hillary will dress like a lumberjack, if she wins the nomination, and start chopping down trees to show her 'manly' side and then interest groups such as Sierra will take all of their money away and the Democrats will think, "Damn, wish we had that Obama fellow running. At least, he isn't a fucking retard."

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Also personalityzone.com offers some typings of the presidential candidates.

Hillary: ENTJ
Obama: INTJ
Romney: INTJ
Huckabee: EXFJ
Edwards: ESFP
McCain: ESTP
Thompson: ISFJ
Guliani: ESTJ

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Haha! INTP's and their inability to detect sarcasm.. :devil: Allows the more satanic and cold-hearted INFP's and INTJ's to come in to pick on the INTP.
In case you missed it, I meant their type was bogus.

Real ones are great with such things...

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
In case you missed it, I meant their type was bogus.

Real ones are great with such things...

Haha, I know. I have an INTP friend or two who are excellent with that.

My comment was sarcastic in nature since it's so 'difficult' to believe that someone who tests as an INTP would take such a facetious comment so seriously. I don't think too many real INTPs would have trouble though. :D

amorfati

MBTI Type
INFJ
Obama-ENFP Clinton-ESTJ McCain-ESTP

According to a Slate.com article:

Barack Obama - ENFP
Hillary Clinton - ESTJ
John McCain - ESTP.

What psychological personality tests reveal about Clinton, Obama, and McCain. - By Emily Yoffe - Slate Magazine

Does this information alter your opinion of these people? If so, how? If not, why not?

How do you think 'type' will effect the capacity for or style of leadership in these individuals?

Will your own type influence your vote given that you now know the types of the candidates?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think a discussion of this article popped up last month or so... it's around somewhere.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Barack - ESTJ
Hillary - ISTJ
John - ISFJ

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
That article seems off to an extent. Hillary, for one, may be an ISTJ, but definitely not E in any way. Obama is somewhat accurate. Mccain and Shrub II as ESTP? I need further clarification on that...

amorfati

MBTI Type
INFJ
A lot of people seem to think Obama is a J. I think this is wrong for two reasons:

1) His wife famously complained that he leaves his socks lying around the house. A high functioning J wouldn't do this.

2) He confessed that disorganization was a weakness of his. Js are known for being organized.

Also, Obama is likely an F given his ability to connect with people and inspire them. Ts are not good at that. Take McCain and Clinton for instance. They don't particularly move you when they speak, unless you happen to love them for other reasons.

Furthermore, I think one can also assume that Obama is an N. He has written two books, both of which are quite introspective, a quintessential N quality.

Therefore, he is most certainly an NFP. The I/E is debatable.

This is what makes him a different kind of politician. The article from Slate goes on to say that most politicians fall into the EST category, for example, McCain and Clinton.

Obama's is a rare type in politics and I think it will be very interesting to see how that plays itself out in the White House. Amen!