• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Presidential Hopefuls' Types

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Yes.. Barack seems to be trying to figure out his grandfather.. coming up with reasons for his behavior (something I've seen NFJ's do, but I'm not sure if it's specific to them) and then doing what he thinks would be the "best" thing according to his Fe.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think you can type anyone who is actively dishonest and/or trained to present in a particular way especially when thats as "everyman."

redacted

I don't think you can type anyone who is actively dishonest and/or trained to present in a particular way especially when thats as "everyman."

i disagree. i don't know if i could come up with any specifics, but the mannerisms, facial expressions, and tone of voice of barrack scream NFJ to me. just like hillary screams NTJ.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Am I the only one who thinks typing threads are more manageable and thus productive when they are about one person only...?

I think in the future it's better for everyone to have a separate thread.

(Hopefully this one will stay with three candidates only.)

Yes.. Barack seems to be trying to figure out his grandfather.. coming up with reasons for his behavior (something I've seen NFJ's do, but I'm not sure if it's specific to them) and then doing what he thinks would be the "best" thing according to his Fe.

Just as a general note, it's kind of difficult when people talk about themselves and analyze themselves because the medium and/or act of communication impacts the information being presented. The tone will be more analytical (and thinking-oriented) in how it's presented, and even some Feelers will talk about their feelings/values in more Thinking-style ways.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
i disagree. i don't know if i could come up with any specifics, but the mannerisms, facial expressions, and tone of voice of barrack scream NFJ to me. just like hillary screams NTJ.

I agree to a point in that some can't be trained as well... hillary for instance. But, along my line of thought, if one cannot be trained to expediently misrepresent, then what say you about actors/actresses? Politicians pay big bucks on coaches.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I think in the future it's better for everyone to have a separate thread.

(Hopefully this one will stay with three candidates only.)

What's stopping us from moving these messages back to a thread for Obama only? :huh:

redacted

I agree to a point in that some can't be trained as well... hillary for instance. But, along my line of thought, if one cannot be trained to expediently misrepresent, then what say you about actors/actresses? Politicians pay big bucks on coaches.

ah, i was waiting for the actor argument :)

it's a valid one, but only for the ridiculously small percentage of the population that can pull oscar-winning performances off. and i really really doubt obama is that good. he could be, i guess, but it's just ludicrously unlikely.

i dunno, maybe i'm putting too much trust in my NFJ people-reading abilities.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
ah, i was waiting for the actor argument :)

it's a valid one, but only for the ridiculously small percentage of the population that can pull oscar-winning performances off. and i really really doubt obama is that good. he could be, i guess, but it's just ludicrously unlikely.

i dunno, maybe i'm putting too much trust in my NFJ people-reading abilities.

Then they should all save their money.;)

He wouldn't be the first politician that good at it.

If my thinking is correct, then NF would be the "everyman" type?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Another quote from The Audacity of Hope:

Oh, Michelle was full of plans that day, on the fast track, with no time, she told me, for distractions - especially men. But she knew how to laugh, brightly and easily, and I noticed she didn’t seem in too much of a hurry to get back to the office. And there was something else, a glimmer that danced across her round, dark eyes whenever I looked at her, the slightest hint of uncertainty, as if, deep inside, she knew how fragile things really were, and that if she ever let go, even for a moment, all her plans might quickly unravel. That touched me somehow, that trace of vulnerability. I wanted to know that part of her.

Sounds to me like P attraction to a J. :yes:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
you're probably right. it's just that i'm an NFJ and i relate to literally all of that. it was the phrase "certainty of the merits of my views" that made me think Ni. i guess i should've just said N.
Perhaps it's the result of having strong Ti warm and nesting, underneath a quilt of other values.
That is, the logic isn't without foundation. There's a reason to Think in the first place, giving the formulations a sort of empowering quality.

redacted

Probably just NT. If we're to get nitpicky, ENT. I don't know if I'd throw a P on there just yet.

i don't see how that's NT.

i mean, i guess it's probably an N function and a T function, but that doesn't mean his MBTI type is xNTx.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
i don't see how that's NT.

i mean, i guess it's probably an N function and a T function, but that doesn't mean his MBTI type is xNTx.

I didn't say the type would be xNTx. I said those with both N and T in their typecode would be the ones more likely to act that way. I mean to say that the other two could be either, not necessarily in the middle.

Read the post just above this one if you haven't already.

In addition to that one I'd like to add that it could be N_J like you say. Just as much as it could be Ti's certainty, Ni has a reputation for being closed off and narrow minded, at least when one is attempting to permeate the user's thought process with their own logic.

redacted

I didn't say the type would be xNTx. I said those with both N and T in their typecode would be the ones more likely to act that way. I mean to say that the other two could be either, not necessarily in the middle.

Read the post just above this one if you haven't already.

In addition to that one I'd like to add that it could be N_J like you say. Just as much as it could be Ti's certainty, Ni has a reputation for being closed off and narrow minded, at least when one is attempting to permeate the user's thought process with their own logic.

yeah, i viewed it as an Ni vision.

anyways, i just think he's ENFJ with strong Ti.

plus, he's like a super-genius, so applying this stuff to him needs to be done a little bit carefully.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Another quote from The Audacity of Hope:

It is left to Michelle to coordinate all the children's activities, which she does with a general's efficiency. When I can, I volunteer to help, which Michelle appreciates, although she is careful to limit my responsibilities. The day before Sasha's birthday party this past June, I was told to procure twenty balloons, enough cheese pizza to feed twenty kids, and ice. This seemed manageable, so when Michelle told me that she was going to get goody bags to hand out at the end of the party, I suggested that I do that as well. She laughed.

"You can't handle goody bags," she said. "Let me explain the goody bag thing. You have to go into the party store and choose the bags. Then you have to choose what to put in the bags, and what is in the boys' bags has to be different from what is in the girls' bags. You'd walk in there and wander around the aisles for an hour, and then your head would explode."

Again, I think this is indicative of P.

redacted

it seems like an appeal to Si american values: the woman is good at certain things, the man at others.

anyways, i really have to do some schoolwork, this is ridiculous. my most active 2 hour period is the time i should be on here least!