User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

I also think Obama is an ENTP (with an outside chance of ENFP). Definitely P though. His appeals to emotion don't have the dramatic flourish that I imagine a good ENFP orator to use. I saw him interviewed saying how disorganized he is and how lacks attention to detail, that would hurt him without his more diligent staff members. Also he seems to have more a P attitude of laid back-ness and body movement.

I would say Hillary is an ENTJ. She's very machievellian and is known for aggressive handling and grudge holding when people piss her off. It's one of the reasons there is such a galvanized Republican (actual politicians) hate towards her. She really is more in the LBJ mold of getting things done (very J like). But sometimes ambition and stubbornness cloud her judgement. She has a habit of not adjusting to the flow of debate as well - a certain stiffness that seems J to me (which seemed evident to me in their debate the other night).

In the days since Barack Obama first suggested that his ?greatest weakness? is being disorganized, Hillary Rodham Clinton has hammered him on it, repeatedly highlighting her own organizational and managerial skills in an effort to raise doubts about whether Obama pays enough attention to detail to be successful as president.

The way Clinton?s camp sees it, the distinction is not just who?s better at paper-shuffling and returning e-mails and phone calls.

Rather, they believe Obama?s recent remarks to the Reno Gazette-Journal and in a Jan. 15 debate can be used to make the case that he lacks the ability to hold government accountable.

It?s a story line that dovetails nicely with party criticisms of the Bush administration?s management of Iraq contracts and its response to Hurricane Katrina.

Obama first broached the issue in a Jan. 14 interview with the Gazette-Journal editorial board, where he was quoted as saying, ?I?m not an operating officer. Some in this debate around experience seem to think the job of the president is to go in and run some bureaucracy. Well, that?s not my job. My job is to set a vision of ?Here?s where the bureaucracy needs to go.??

The next day, NBC?s Brian Williams, serving as a moderator of a debate in Las Vegas, read part of the quote to Obama, then asked, ?Do the American people want someone in the Oval Office who is an operating officer??

Obama responded that ?being president is not making sure that schedules are being run properly or the paperwork is being shuffled effectively. It involves having a vision for where the country needs to go.?

Later in the debate, when asked about his greatest strength and weakness, he elaborated: ?I ask my staff never to hand me paper until two seconds before I need it, because I will lose it.?

The comment prompted laughter, and he continued: ?My desk and my office doesn't look good. I've got to have somebody around me who is keeping track of that stuff. And that's not trivial; I need to have good people in place who can make sure that systems run. That's what I've always done, and that's why we run not only a good campaign but a good U.S. Senate office.?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Is it weird that I am an ESFJ and a libertarian?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

KeirseyPresidents

Hillary- ENTJ
    Obama- INTJ
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Obama an INTJ? What? When I think of charisma that is probably the last type on my list.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Obama an INTJ? What? When I think of charisma that is probably the last type on my list.
    I've always seen him as an ENFJ myself.

Hillary seems more INTJ or possibly ISTJ.

edit: I hate Hillary. It's hard for me to type her as INTJ...
    But sir, your opinion is wrong.
    TANSTAAFL!

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

C'mon, people.

Obama: EXTP (probably N)
    McCain: ESTP
    Clinton: EXTJ (probably S)
    Huckabee: ESXJ (can't call it)
    Romney: ESTJ
    Paul: INTX (probably P)

Others are way too hard to call for me.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

It almost seems like at times that TypeLogic is picking types out of a hat for some of these people. I agree with some of their typings though.

Hillary- INTJ
    Obama-ENFP (maybe INFP?)
    McCain-ESTP
    Huckabee- ESFJ
    Ron Paul- INFJ

As for the guys who dropped out...
    Giuliani: ESTJ
    Edwards-ESFP
    Romney- ENTJ
    Richardson- ESFJ
    Thompson- ISFJ

when Obama wins!!!

pure_mercury: An ESFJ libertarian isn't weird at all if that libertarian thinks the government is doing a disservice to the American people and less will always be better.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post

edit: I hate Hillary. It's hard for me to type her as INTJ...
    That's because she's an inyoface extrovert!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I have thought about Hillary being an Extrovert, but I think she is simply an Introvert with high self esteem, which seems to classify INTJ's as a whole (at least the ones I've met).