User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    it seems like an appeal to Si american values: the woman is good at certain things, the man at others.
    I see your point that it could be a joke but seeing as how I could see a slightly more practical version of me saying something like that to my SO, I'm inclined to believe it's the truth.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Again, I think this is indicative of P.
    It could be.

Then again, it's a style of writing; and he's also a man, and you are now encroaching upon traditional roles of men and women in the culture.

(More about writing styles: I know I sound much more assertive when I write. That's the Ji influence coming out. But I'm actually a P. Other times, if I am being playful or quirky, I can phrase things in Pe ways. Writing can be as tricky to read as dialog.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'd say Obama is an ENTP. Politicians have a lot of learned behavior, so in order to type them you should look at the ways that they stand out.

The first and most obvious way that Obama stands out is his ability to inspire people with his oration. That is a clear ENxP trait. ENxP's inspire and ENxJ's dictate. An ENxJ would be more specific in spelling out the details than an ENxP. And if you listen to his critics, they basically say that he gives inspirational speeches that don't have much substance. That is how an ENxP gives speeches. They are there to inspire, not to lay out a specific plan.

A second way that I have seen him stand out is that he will often go against the conventional wisdom even in small matters. Early on when he'd give his opinion on some issue the press would jump all over him saying he'd made a gaffe and is inexperienced. Then after a little research they'd find out he was actually right and have to retract what they said. This type of thing describes an ENTP better than any type. ENTP's intentionally (and obviously) will go against the grain to show that their way is better than conventional wisdom. All N's do this to some extent, but ENTP's are the most obvious about it.

Also in debate footage that I've seen with him, Hillary, and Edwards he seems to be able to easily come up with jokes off the cuff. That is something you see in an ExxP more than other types. Overall I'd say he's ENTP.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

yeah i could see ENTP now. ENTP or ENFJ.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I'd say Obama is an ENTP. Politicians have a lot of learned behavior, so in order to type them you should look at the ways that they stand out.

The first and most obvious way that Obama stands out is his ability to inspire people with his oration. That is a clear ENxP trait. ENxP's inspire and ENxJ's dictate. An ENxJ would be more specific in spelling out the details than an ENxP. And if you listen to his critics, they basically say that he gives inspirational speeches that don't have much substance. That is how an ENxP gives speeches. They are there to inspire, not to lay out a specific plan.

A second way that I have seen him stand out is that he will often go against the conventional wisdom even in small matters. Early on when he'd give his opinion on some issue the press would jump all over him saying he'd made a gaffe and is inexperienced. Then after a little research they'd find out he was actually right and have to retract what they said. This type of thing describes an ENTP better than any type. ENTP's intentionally (and obviously) will go against the grain to show that their way is better than conventional wisdom. All N's do this to some extent, but ENTP's are the most obvious about it.

Also in debate footage that I've seen with him, Hillary, and Edwards he seems to be able to easily come up with jokes off the cuff. That is something you see in an ExxP more than other types. Overall I'd say he's ENTP.
    Now this I can agree with since it factors in the coaching.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I noticed that typelogic.com posted the 2008 Candidates and their types and I couple of interesting questions came to mind.

(I couldn't find any enneagram sites that looked like their opinions held any kind of water. If anyone wants to enneagram type them go ahead. )

1) First of all, if for some reason you were to pick a president based on their MBTI type, which type would you consider most ideal for the position?

2) Do these seem to fit the candidates correctly?

Hillary Clinton - INTJ

Barack Obama - ENFJ

Ron Paul - INFJ

John McCain - INTP

Mike Huckabee - INTJ
    (what follows is me insulting typelogic, not you)
    Hmm. typelogic makes pretty dumb type guesses.
    First I notice the site types all of them as intuition types. That's pretty Bizarre.
    Here's my guesses: Clinton: ENTJ
    Obama: too much of a campaign persona to tell. I'm pretty sure that he's NOT a catylist though.
    McCain: I have no idea.
    Huckabee: Definately NOT an intuition type.
    Gravel: ESFP
    Kucinich: _NFP
    Mitt Romney: ISTP
    Edwards: SFJ?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    (what follows is me insulting typelogic, not you)
    Hmm. typelogic makes pretty dumb type guesses.
    First I notice the site types all of them as intuition types. That's pretty Bizarre.
    Here's my guesses: Clinton: ENTJ
    Obama: too much of a campaign persona to tell. I'm pretty sure that he's NOT a catylist though.
    McCain: I have no idea.
    Huckabee: Definately NOT an intuition type.
    Gravel: ESFP
    Kucinich: _NFP
    Mitt Romney: ISTP
    Edwards: SFJ?
    I'm going to say Mike Huckabee is ESFJ. I had a sister just like him.
    McCain? Classic ESTP in the mold of Lyndon Johnson et. al.
    Hillary: ENTJ. Definitely.

Obama - quite possibly some sort of NT. He's as hard to call as Al Gore was.

MBTI
    TiSe

I couldn't find any enneagram sites that looked like their opinions held any kind of water. If anyone wants to enneagram type them go ahead. )
    There is a a thread on this topic at the Enneagram Institute, if it has not already been mentioned.
    Hillary Clinton - INTJ
    Barack Obama - ENFJ
    Ron Paul - INFJ
    John McCain - INTP
    Mike Huckabee - INTJ
    I tried to respond early yesterday, so forgive me if my thoughts have been conveyed. Hillary Clinton could be INTJ, but mostly I think she fits the "Chart the Course" interaction style. Keep in mind these people can't really be read no more than reading someone from a forum, since you never know if you are seeing a personna. In particulary, they're politicians on political campaigns, so most likely you are not seeing the true person. Back to Hillary Clinton, again I can't deny your thoughts however she seems to be grounded in the past and focused on doing the right thing, which gives me belief that she could be ISTJ. Again since this could just be her attempt to separate herself from Barack Obama since he has taken up the true "change" agent platform this election term, Hillary Clinton could be INFJ. Whatever her type, I think it resonates with the Chart the Course interaction style.

I am reminded of what Barack Obama said when asked about his weaknesses. He responded that he has given a mandate to his staff not to ever give him anything until the last minute or he will surely lose it. He definitely has the flair of a "Get Things Going" interaction style. Clearly his language is not that of a sensing type (appearing more ethereal therefore intuitive), so I would say ENP, most likely ENFP.

Not sure on Ron Paul.

I hate to say it, because he scares me in not having a clue to the economy and wanting to stay in the War, but John McCain doesn't appear INTP at all. Based on his military background and love for piloting, you can't rule out ISTP. However again his love for community and country sounds SJ-ish although it may be a political ploy to get elected. I am still fuzzy on his interaction style, but it does seem behind the scenes, which could mean that he could be INTP, ISFP or ISFJ. I would rule out INFP knowing more about him, but most likely he is not a thinking type at all.

Mike Huckabee in my opinion has a true "In Charge" interaction style to me, and with his strong community commitment he seems SJ. I would not doubt that he is ESTJ, however would not rule out ESTP.

MBTI
    TiSe

Again, I have not been able to really look at the posts, but I found this article. It confirms that at least this person believes Clinton to be SJ, Obama NF and McCain SP (ESTP).

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Yeah, I think a link to that article was posted somewhere in the Bonfire...

But one of the things she mentions:

Obama himself referred in a debate to his disorganization and dislike of paperwork—and his self-knowledge that "I need to have good people in place who can make sure that systems run."
    I really recognise that sentiment - I wish I had my own people in place to make sure my life ran properly! And who would mention that unless it really was an issue for them - I don't know ENFJs very well but I have my doubts a J would say something like that?

I'm not completely convinced he's an ENFP, though. I would say ENTP but he does seem very people-based... concerned with the beliefs and wants of the people, which strikes me more as an F sort of thing.

In The Audacity of Hope he mentions that:

And everywhere I went, I'd get some version of the same two questions:
    "Where'd you get that funny name?"
    And then: "You seem like a nice enough guy. Why do you want to go into something dirty and nasty like politics?"
    Would an ENTP necessarily in so short a time come off as a 'nice guy'? Clever, witty, bright, sure, but nice? Maybe.

I'm just not sure... ENxP! :P
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp