User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Yes.. Barack seems to be trying to figure out his grandfather.. coming up with reasons for his behavior (something I've seen NFJ's do, but I'm not sure if it's specific to them) and then doing what he thinks would be the "best" thing according to his Fe.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Yup.

I'm here for efficiency.
    If this is efficiency, why stop here? Why not merge all typing threads into one long thread?

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I don't think you can type anyone who is actively dishonest and/or trained to present in a particular way especially when thats as "everyman."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I don't think you can type anyone who is actively dishonest and/or trained to present in a particular way especially when thats as "everyman."
    i disagree. i don't know if i could come up with any specifics, but the mannerisms, facial expressions, and tone of voice of barrack scream NFJ to me. just like hillary screams NTJ.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks typing threads are more manageable and thus productive when they are about one person only...?
    I think in the future it's better for everyone to have a separate thread.

(Hopefully this one will stay with three candidates only.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Yes.. Barack seems to be trying to figure out his grandfather.. coming up with reasons for his behavior (something I've seen NFJ's do, but I'm not sure if it's specific to them) and then doing what he thinks would be the "best" thing according to his Fe.
    Just as a general note, it's kind of difficult when people talk about themselves and analyze themselves because the medium and/or act of communication impacts the information being presented. The tone will be more analytical (and thinking-oriented) in how it's presented, and even some Feelers will talk about their feelings/values in more Thinking-style ways.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i disagree. i don't know if i could come up with any specifics, but the mannerisms, facial expressions, and tone of voice of barrack scream NFJ to me. just like hillary screams NTJ.
    I agree to a point in that some can't be trained as well... hillary for instance. But, along my line of thought, if one cannot be trained to expediently misrepresent, then what say you about actors/actresses? Politicians pay big bucks on coaches.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think in the future it's better for everyone to have a separate thread.

(Hopefully this one will stay with three candidates only.)
    What's stopping us from moving these messages back to a thread for Obama only?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I agree to a point in that some can't be trained as well... hillary for instance. But, along my line of thought, if one cannot be trained to expediently misrepresent, then what say you about actors/actresses? Politicians pay big bucks on coaches.
    ah, i was waiting for the actor argument

it's a valid one, but only for the ridiculously small percentage of the population that can pull oscar-winning performances off. and i really really doubt obama is that good. he could be, i guess, but it's just ludicrously unlikely.

i dunno, maybe i'm putting too much trust in my NFJ people-reading abilities.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    ah, i was waiting for the actor argument

it's a valid one, but only for the ridiculously small percentage of the population that can pull oscar-winning performances off. and i really really doubt obama is that good. he could be, i guess, but it's just ludicrously unlikely.

i dunno, maybe i'm putting too much trust in my NFJ people-reading abilities.
    Then they should all save their money.

He wouldn't be the first politician that good at it.

If my thinking is correct, then NF would be the "everyman" type?

MBTI
    INTJ

Another quote from The Audacity of Hope:

Oh, Michelle was full of plans that day, on the fast track, with no time, she told me, for distractions - especially men. But she knew how to laugh, brightly and easily, and I noticed she didn’t seem in too much of a hurry to get back to the office. And there was something else, a glimmer that danced across her round, dark eyes whenever I looked at her, the slightest hint of uncertainty, as if, deep inside, she knew how fragile things really were, and that if she ever let go, even for a moment, all her plans might quickly unravel. That touched me somehow, that trace of vulnerability. I wanted to know that part of her.
    Sounds to me like P attraction to a J.