User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by amorfati View Post
    A lot of people seem to think Obama is a J. I think this is wrong for two reasons:

1) His wife famously complained that he leaves his socks lying around the house. A high functioning J wouldn't do this.

2) He confessed that disorganization was a weakness of his. Js are known for being organized.
    I have a pretty organized mind, can explain things with conciseness and precision, and love to put information on charts. I am not the J-est person around, but I am still a J.

However - my desk at work is an embarrassing disaster. My clothes are strewn about my house. I have piles of crap everywhere. I don't put things in folders unless I have a lot of room in my brain to consider that organizational option... otherwise they just lie in piles wherever my body leaves them. An NJ is not going to look like your idea of a "high functioning J" (what does that even mean?).

That said - I don't know what type Obama is; I would need to spend some time with him personally to feel confident of his type. I feel pretty sure that he's NF. For God's sake, he keeps talking about an empathy gap! I would go on to speculate that he probably has strong Fe--maybe ENFJ or INFJ. He seems very direct to me rather than... roundabout/ethereal? which makes me rule out INFP/ENFP.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I changed the thread title. I didn't know what it was before, but this seemed appropriately general.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i could see obama being an INFJ. he seems to have active use of thinking. ENFP works too.

or maybe he's an ENTP that knows to emphasize his Fe.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I would agree, we never had any NF presidents.. with the possible exception of Bill Clinton. I know Keirsey thinks he is an ESFP, but I think ENFP is a possibility too. Could see either.
    Lincoln was more pragmatic than diplomatic as a president, which is more fitting of NT.

J/P has nothing to do with decisiveness.. a J prefers to make plans while a P doesn't. A J may make plans which may lead him or her to never have to make decisions.. to depend on others for instance. A lot of **FJ's do that. Most *STP's I know of are incredibly decisive, just not afraid to change their plans, which allows them to make MORE decisions.
    Unless he was somehow repressed by those around him I don't see why he would stand on the sidelines when Bosnia was going through their ethnic cleansing if he was any kind of strong NF. I was young for most of his career as president, so I don't know if he ever even portrayed any kind of diplomatic ability... unless you count Monica Lewinsky, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENTP

-as if seduction has anything to do with the diplomatic skill set
    Also, I've read other material on that, and there were other issues that those two people had.

-It is my personal type guess, based on what I know about Lincoln, that he was an ESFP.

Obama: of all the candidates, he seems to be doing the most acting. So, a type guess would be the most difficult for him. Although his campaign persona definately resembles a catylist, I don't think he is one.

My suspicion is that, despite his supposed lack for specifics, Obama has a preference for sensing. That's where I think the campaign persona comes in. He seems to have a basic knowledge for symbolism, where he knows how to get people 'riled' around symbols and colorful illustrations of them, but he doesn't seem to exactly know what he's talking about when he does this. This is often how intuition is used by _SP types. I call this "Bob-Dylan-lyrics intuition". At this point, in fact, I am fairly convinced that Obama is an improvisor. My guess is _SFP.

Think I've gone insane?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Default John McCain

INTP. Too drowsy to state my case atm, but I shall return in time. The issue may be discussed by the rest of you in the meantime.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ISTP or ESTP who's grown tired of people. His acceptance speech at the Republican convention was the life story of an Artisan who reached a point in life where he looked for something other than self gratification and decided to apply his tactical intellect to higher purposes.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP

I think he's generally typed as INTP. He does seem a little bit more ISTP to me, but that's just an intuitive thing and not something I could probably elaborate much on.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Why do people think McCain is an Introvert?
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

ESTJ.