User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

I still think Obama is an NF. I try to take his gender into consideration, and I usually end up at ENFJ/INFJ. He definitely shows Fe; he is not shy about sharing his beliefs. This quote is what makes me think he is an ENFJ:

"Like their INFJ cousins, ENFJs are blessed through introverted intuition with clarity of perception in the inner, unconscious world. Dominant Feeling prefers to find the silver lining in even the most beggarly perceptions of those in their expanding circle of friends and, of course, in themselves. In less balanced individuals, such mitigation of the unseemly eventually undermines the ENFJ's integrity and frequently their good name. In healthier individuals, deft use of this awareness of the inner needs and desires of others enables this astute type to win friends, influence people, and avoid compromising entanglements."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    JIxT

If I was to pick, the president would be INTJ, ENTJ, or ISTJ.

J because the president has to be positively active.
    Mostly NT because he/she has to be consisent, logical, and decisive.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post

Just finished watching a biographical miniseries on one of our ENTJ presidents. John Adams.

MBTI
    JIxT

My favorites are Thomas Jefferson and Woodrow Wilson because they were geniuses way ahead of their time. I am guessing Jefferson was INTP since he was a bookworm and polymath. I do not know about Wilson.

MBTI
    INTP

My favorites are Thomas Jefferson and Woodrow Wilson because they were geniuses way ahead of their time. I am guessing Jefferson was INTP since he was a bookworm and polymath. I do not know about Wilson.
    I agree on Jefferson. No idea on Wilson.

MBTI
    ENTP

any judging process can make decisions, so I don't see how you could chalk that up to being an "NT". Temperment has nothing to do with decisiveness.
    And what in the world is 'positively active' eh.. as opposed to 'negatively active' ?? I don't get it.

MBTI
    JIxT

A P might wade through possibilities too long and never come to a decision. Even then, he/she may not be sure if the decision chosen was the best one compared to the others. They can suffer from regret.

Positively active as in the president should not be afraid to embrace change, as Obama constantly rants on. Too much P may be a detriment to this positive activity. Negative activity is the potential risk of the J.

MBTI
    ENTP

A P might wade through possibilities too long and never come to a decision. Even then, he/she may not be sure if the decision chosen was the best one compared to the others. They can suffer from regret.

Positively active as in the president should not be afraid to embrace change, as Obama constantly rants on. Too much P may be a detriment to this positive activity. Negative activity is the potential risk of the J.
    Or a P might see a trend coming/suprising event and be able to react much quicker than a "J". You spin, I spin, in the end, this 'decisiveness' stuff is pure spin. No type is inherently better at making decisions. Also, any type can have regrets.
    I don't think you've made 'posatively active' into anything resembling a coherent idea. Change is a platitude (obviously), and J/P has nothing to do with which candidates ideas would bring about more change.

By the way, did you know that Abe Lincoln was an ESFP?

-Gabe, refusing to worship extraverted thinking.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Or a P might see a trend coming/suprising event and be able to react much quicker than a "J". You spin, I spin, in the end, this 'decisiveness' stuff is pure spin. No type is inherently better at making decisions. Also, any type can have regrets.
    I don't think you've made 'posatively active' into anything resembling a coherent idea. Change is a platitude (obviously), and J/P has nothing to do with which candidates ideas would bring about more change.

By the way, did you know that Abe Lincoln was an ESFP?

-Gabe, refusing to worship extraverted thinking.
    Keirsey described Abe as an xNTP "Engineer". We've never had a NF president according to him, which I find interesting.

"Given that there are four temperaments, then it is possible that each of the four is better suited than the other three to deal with some particular kind of situation, that each character toolkit is best suited for a certain type of problem. When it is time for long-range planning, for a sea change in the political architecture or course of a nation, we might expect that a Rational would make the most fitting candidate for office. When it is time for fast and vigorous action rather than reflection, when a political or military gunslinger is needed to respond quickly to immediately pressing challenges, then it would appear that an Artisan is the most suitable selection. When matters are moving in a productive direction and it is important to stabilize and regulate social interactions at home and abroad, it would seem to be time to elect a Guardian.
    It might also be that an Idealist president would be most suitable when the relationships between people of different countries, especially face-to-face diplomatic relationships, are critical. For example, what might have happened to Wilson's Fourteen-Point plan had it been presented by a benevolent Idealist such as Eleanor Roosevelt or Mohandas Gandhi instead of the uncompromising Guardian Wilson? And what might have been possible if a talented Idealist had been able to talk with Northern and Southern hotheads in the middle 1800s? Perhaps a half million lives would have been saved."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I would agree, we never had any NF presidents.. with the possible exception of Bill Clinton. I know Keirsey thinks he is an ESFP, but I think ENFP is a possibility too. Could see either.
    Lincoln was more pragmatic than diplomatic as a president, which is more fitting of NT.

J/P has nothing to do with decisiveness.. a J prefers to make plans while a P doesn't. A J may make plans which may lead him or her to never have to make decisions.. to depend on others for instance. A lot of **FJ's do that. Most *STP's I know of are incredibly decisive, just not afraid to change their plans, which allows them to make MORE decisions.