• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Amazing Race

Gyokukou Joutei

MBTI Type
ENTP
One of the greatest reality shows ever, TAR is also a source for mass-classification MBTI-style.

Opposing Pairs (Shadow? Anima?)

ISTJ-ENFP: Gary and Mallory from the last two seasons
INTP-ESFJ: Patrick and Susan from Season 7 (S7)
ISFP-ENTJ: Ken and Tina from Season 13 (S13)

Archetypes

ISTJ: Karlyn (S10), Derek (S3)
ESTJ: Kendra (S6), Chip (S4)
ISFJ: Victoria (S14), Gary (S15)
ESFJ: Caite (S16), Brandon (S5)
ISFP: Vicki (S17), TK (S12)
ESFP: Paige (S2), Jeremy (S9)
ISTP: Toni (S13), Ron (S7)
ESTP: Margarita (S1), Mr. Schroeder (S8)
INTJ: Tammy (S14), Nick (S12)
ENTJ: Brandy (S16), Blake (S2)
INTP: Mary Jean (S6), Josh (S4)
ENTP: Talicia (S3), Matt (S15)
INFJ: Sarah (S10), Mr. Gaghan (S8)
ENFJ: Debbie (S7), Terence (S13)
INFP: Emily (S1), Bob (S5)
ENFP: Brook (S17), Tyler (S9)

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm surprised by your avatar! I didn't think people liked that game! Anyway, I agree that this show is a great way to show how various personality types interact with each other, especially with how varied the demographic amongst the contestants is. Unfortunately, I've only watched the 17th season, and even then, I only watched 2 episodes. Still, from what I saw from the episodes I watched, those 2 saleswomen were definitely the best of the bunch. They struck me as ESTPs, which would be very apt for their profession.

Gyokukou Joutei

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm surprised by your avatar! I didn't think people liked that game!

Yay, another P1 fan! ^_^

It's funny how we agree that Brook (blonde saleslady/TV-host) is ExxP, but diverge on which one: the casual observer might even consider her ESFP.

Claire (Brook's brunette partner who braved a watermelon facial) strikes me more as an INFP, but a really hardy/tough version - she does look like Holly Marie Combs, no?

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Well, like I said, I didn't really watch it that much, but the one instance that really stuck to me was when they were doing a challenge in Ghana and forgot a wheelbarrow or something and as they were going back, they lied to another group about the situation. I guess it was just the heat of the moment, but to me an F would probably tell them about the wheelbarrow or hint that they were missing something. They also liked to bribe a lot of the townspeople in order to get them to help, especially when they were selling those sunglasses as well as in the boxing ring. But like I said, I vaguely remember that show (though I did feel sorry for the asian guy and his dad :().

Gyokukou Joutei

MBTI Type
ENTP
But like I said, I vaguely remember that show (though I did feel sorry for the asian guy and his dad :().

Yup, they did seem mismatched. Kevin the son is a mix of STP and NTJ; Michael the father, SFJ and NFP.

Someone even said that Gary and Mallory, the dad-daughter team, should swap with them. Gary's ISTJ focus would augment Kevin's cunning, while Mallory's ENFP drive would encourage Michael's determination.