• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Was Axl Rose of Guns n Roses an INTJ?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I ask the question because I've always seen him typed as an ESTP, and so, I thought he was. But I've also seen him typed as INTJ a few times, I've read a part of his biography, and what I read did'nt resonate ESTP at all. He is and has always been a reclusive, a loner, withdrawing, very shy and awkward at the point that even as an adult he has difficulties to watch people in face. He seems very independant and introspective, work carefully on his long-term project and is a perfectionist. He hardly tolerate when things don't go in his own way and is a control freak. Plus, he was relatively sober, and an hard-worker. Use your illusion is a typycal Ni monster.

ESTP seems to be more his on stage personality, I could see an ESTP act like this if he has shyness, paranoia and some others neurotic issues, I could also see an ESTP be like this if he's submit to a an oppressive inferior Ni and become severly paranoid. But it's just a possiblity. Billy Idol and Nikki Sixx are ESTP for sure, Axl Rose, not sure. INTJ could fit better, tons of things he did was so anti-rock'n roll, he is the anti-Elvis to me in some sort (Elvis was ESFP).

Some interviews:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remarked that I actually didn't post any interviews at all, lol. So here is one. Any guess about his type folks?

R

Riva

He could be a ISxP with strong Ni.

When one is in that sort of a field one tends to get more and more in touch with the abstract.

Maybe even an INFJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He could be a ISxP with strong Ni.

When one is in that sort of a field one tends to get more and more in touch with the abstract.

Maybe even an INFJ.

If he is an SP, he is an ESP. ISFPs prffer behind-the-scene role, he does'nt, he is a conqueror, probably of an in-charge type. ESxP can be very in touch with Ni too.

I was interested by INTJ because he's defeinetly a meagalomanic man who wants power.

INFJs are holistic dreamer oriented toward contemplations, I think he's more the frontman who is energised by social contact, now exactly where he wants to go and release the vibe of a comandant. Of course, a few INFJs, like Hitler or the ayatollah Khomeini are like this, and Axl Rose was called "the ayatollah" by his peers, but INFJs usually make the pope looks like a whore, it's not his case. I also think he's too much phisically exuberant and impulsive to be Se-last.

R

Riva

J seems pretty unliekly for him

He is known to get terribly late for concerts and even miss some. INTJs are not known to be irresponsible. He sounds quite irresponsible and lost in some strange world. That screams No No for INTJs.

If he is indeed an in-charge SP, he could very well be an xSTP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
J seems pretty unliekly for him

He is known to get terribly late for concerts and even miss some. INTJs are not known to be irresponsible. He sounds quite irresponsible and lost in some strange world. That screams No No for INTJs.

Very good point. Actually, he says for his defense (and I assume that he is in part sincere) that he's a perfectionist afraid of the judgement of peoples about the finished product, and he says that if he's in late for his concert, it's because he wants to take more time to "be prepared" and offer a better performance. This is very characteristics of Ps I think. That habit to report the action later to take more time to take more information... Js are not alone to be perfectionist, Ps are too, but in this very characteristic way.

Use your illusion was also very characterisitic of Pness... That giant compile of absolutely everything the band did... Clearly that guy has a problem with "collecting and can't discard".

If he is indeed an in-charge SP, he could very well be an xSTP.

Yes, and I'd rather say ESTP than ISTP. I also suspect that he could be an Ne-dom.

rav3n

No idea since he's flying high in those clips. But he's not an INTJ. xSxP.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Axl Rose is a very obvious ESTP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Axl Rose is a very obvious ESTP.

That works for me. I also thought that he could be a socionic ENFj, what do you think about?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, he was an ENFP. Clearly an Ne-dom, and not a Thinker at all.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Care to expand on that?

Ne-dom because he is exuberant, and a performer, so E but he cleary prefer iNtuition over sensation. He has never ben very hedonistic, always was concerned about future projects, always introspective, dreamy, making associations and connection etc. Not a Thinker, because he was really too much sensitive and vulnerable, without realy strong will to control his emotions in order to make rationals, logical and dispationates judgments like Thinkers do. Also, he is clearly a P, it has ever been explained why.

So ENFP.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne-dom because he is exuberant, and a performer, so E but he cleary prefer iNtuition over sensation. He has never ben very hedonistic, always was concerned about future projects, always introspective, dreamy, making associations and connection etc. Not a Thinker, because he was really too much sensitive and vulnerable, without realy strong will to control his emotions in order to make rationals, logical and dispationates judgments like Thinkers do. Also, he is clearly a P, it has ever been explained why.

So ENFP.

What about ENTP?

He seems too boring and analytical to me to be an enfp. Normally, I like listening to ENFPs.