• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kurt Gödel

Komakino

From my encounters with his ideas I'd always assumed INTP, but after reading a little about his life I'm considering ENTP. He seems to have strong Ne and weak Si. Anyone esle thought about his type?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
His contempt for the status quo was pretty clear and his love for undermining it. He was also pretty clearly a creative over a formalist, but happy to wield the tools of formality especially against them.

He was apparently very social when younger and willing to help others. His dress sense is clearly not INTP, and I'd almost go an S or a J type because of it. Combine the creative genius with the craziness and paranoia about simple things, and I'm guessing INTJ (or maybe a small chance of being INFP or ISFP). Subversive left field revolutionaries who are a bit of a paradox personality wise belong far more in this area than NTP. Einstein or Feinman for example, were crazy break the rules types, but they were still relatively grounded in a sane reality rather than being neurotics.

If he is an Ne type rather than an INTJ, INFPs are the only Ne type that I've seen really trump the Ne sense of reality with other functions (or notice dress sense in such a consistent way). The rest of the Ne types, especially ENPs tend to get grounded in objective reality by the Ne and would find many of Godel's awkward traits (and the formality of his dress) straight out senseless. I'm guessing he's most likely INTJ though. The way he works is very familiar as an ENFP, more so than most scientists and mathematicians, but there is added strictness and care for order. It's very much the sense I get with most INTJs.